Killik good offline low ?

Ccd-ToF

[08] Mercenary
I play Killik online, but I know many of his low work only because of lag. 2A+K, 66B B, 22A A A, 2A+B are easily read and punishable offline in my opinion...

I wanted to know about what good low and safe Killik have.

66B B seem to be situational...
Kb, 6b2, 2K are fast but weak.
3_1A+B seem okay
11_77B seem situational, 22_88K B too.
4K B is okay ?

His stance low seem to be okay too...

I'm right or wrong ? ^^

2A - damn near invisible, gives you plenty of options on hit

1A+B/3A+B - this one might be borderline but from my experience not too many people block this on reaction

22K - good against players who like to roll, also good step kill

2K of Kilik is the shit, since he has his evasive options after it, even on normal hit. Against every character you can attack since its -4 on hit, but Kilik has WR B, 4B+K or RCC into Asura...so you are very limited in your options.

I can just encourage you to spam 2K on close hit, it tracks to his weak side, which is really good. I used to play a guy who spams 2K, it is a mess to deal with, really annoying.

Depends - 11_99 A helps with spacing, 2A at point blank/close range.
2K is especially useful as it's the easiest way in the world to land an Asura Dance as WS moves are generically mid.
4B+K to cause whiff etc. Etc.

Kilik's 2A doubles as a decent TC move and it's safe, so even if you run into an opponent who can block it, you don't lose much for trying. kB really deserves more of your consideration because it's safe, deals SG damage in addition to damage when opponent Gs it, is actually + on NH and catches TJ, its fast enough most people cant block it and it looks weird as heck(meaning more people will react inappropriately). Another one that is decent is 1_3B+K, safe, good SG damage (especially for a low) if they block and neutral on hit. Reason 6B2 can be useful is range, its got a lot for a low that's tough to see.

To add on, kB is +2 on Hit... and as Suirad mentioned.. you'll hardly see anyone blocking it. So this is a great way to start up a mixup on someone as well.

4B+K, while not exactly meant to be used like a traditional low but a auto-backstep. Unlike other moves of that calibur (Yun/Xiang/Raph 44B). 4B+K is COMPLETELY SAFE despite being a low... most people won't know this. So abuse accordingly.

Lots of lows are good, depending on your opponent. Even though most people can blcok 2A+K on reaction, if you're doing it at tip range and they're blocking it (as opposed to jumping or GIing it), it at least keeps them on notice and has decent pushback + nice SG damage.

Yeah 2A+K is really useful, because even if it's completely visible, it is safe at long range and you can use it in a lots of techtraps. Plus, you can use it in order to keep distance with the opponent. It's also TC.
But don't forget 11A.
2A and 2K are the best of course ;)

kind of a flawed question. Moves are generally good because you make them good. You can have a low that's slow and easy to react to but if you play well and can keep your opponent guessing they'll walk into it. I wouldn't say strings that turn into lows have this ability as much, but just single lows that may seem only good in lag can do well offline, just keep the mind games rolling and bait them into taking it.

Well said. A good example is 11B - used properly it is in my opinion something no kilik can go without, but all too often it kills reckless / silly players.
Personally my favoured low poke with kilik is kB. Partly because idiots forget you have to block the low hit to remove his advantage. It's a good, solid poke IMO.

Btw, 2A is officially reactable, I know this because at a recent offline session I reacted to it. Consistently.

I saw very few people seem like they know kilik on xbl. When I can GI almost all of kiliks lows offline, online GI is too hard.Even pro of the pros spam this move 4BK. But when I choose kilik too they rage out when they about to lose. I was raphael bu even his moves cannot reach this 4BK, I had to select kilik in revenge match.

I saw very few people seem like they know kilik on xbl. When I can GI almost all of kiliks lows offline, online GI is too hard.Even pro of the pros spam this move 4BK. But when I choose kilik too they rage out when they about to lose. I was raphael bu even his moves cannot reach this 4BK, I had to select kilik in revenge match.

Dont mean to bash on you or scrutinize your post but NO ONE can GI almost all of Kilik's lows offline. Unless you mean in training mode when you know its coming.

Kilik doesn't have a 4BK, so you must be referring to 4KB. I don't really see much of a reason to use 4KB with Kilik since both hits are easily visible/blockable and its unsafe. Its got solid SG damage but thats pretty much it. Shit against Yoshi your going to eat at least 60+ damage cause as soon as I see the second part coming I get on DGF to TJ the low hit and punish. + Raphael has as good of range as Kilik, 4KB with Kilik is way withing Raph's reach.

2A is just barely reactable, I would still consider it a legit Low option for him, especially since its super safe like JAG said... kB is another good Low for Kilik, this is actually faster than 2A, however its +2 on hit and still pretty safe (maybe Amy can punish I don't remember)... 1*3B+K is like a standing version of 2A but at i20 so this is probably very hard to react to... 4B+K is best used on wake-up, for tech traps, or for the backstep with proper spacing, think of it like Mitsurugi's 4B but safer, slower, and a low hit...

Dont mean to bash on you or scrutinize your post but NO ONE can GI almost all of Kilik's lows offline. Unless you mean in training mode when you know its coming.

Kilik doesn't have a 4BK, so you must be referring to 4KB. I don't really see much of a reason to use 4KB with Kilik since both hits are easily visible/blockable and its unsafe. Its got solid SG damage but thats pretty much it. Shit against Yoshi your going to eat at least 60+ damage cause as soon as I see the second part coming I get on DGF to TJ the low hit and punish. + Raphael has as good of range as Kilik, 4KB with Kilik is way withing Raph's reach.

I think he means 4B+K that was mentioned earlier as being safe, which i wouldn't agree to because it can be easily jumped and punished on reaction even online.
It's evasion properties are awsome though especially against Taki and such.

I think he means 4B+K that was mentioned earlier as being safe, which i wouldn't agree to because it can be easily jumped and punished on reaction even online.
It's evasion properties are awsome though especially against Taki and such.
But if you throw it out ONLY when you know an attack is coming (as you should) it is hell to deal with, I once overused it on a NM player, and he dropkick ro'd me XD
Even if someone can block 2A constantly, it´s still super safe. So no risk for Kilik.
The thing about 2A though is that it doesn't really lead to anything, even if it does hit you have no momentum to build on - if your opponent has a brain: Asura won't work, he will use some form of tech crouching move if too slow to beat out i13, 4B+K opportunity - obvious one though, It'll get jump punished eg with Taki K2 etc etc.
I only rate 2A because it's a quickish but very reliable step catcher which gives an opportunity to back off and play keepoit but not a lot else.
For pressure I agree with Zombiebear - kB is an excellent low.

Back