King Of Fighters Thread

ChopperMan

[09] Warrior
Just picked up Orochi Collection the other day to be able to play 98 against offline friends

So decided to start thread for all the games.

Anyone else play these, or pick up Orochi?

I love the KOF games, but I haven't been able to find the Orochi collection anywhere. K' FTW!

I play '96 every once in a while. But since SC4 came out I haven't played KOF much, primarily because I don't know anyone else who plays it. But I used to be in '99 heavily and when I was in Japan I played alot of 2002 when it came out.

I'm just waiting for KOF 12. That's the only fighter I'm really looking forward to right now.

I play a little bit of 98 because that's what we have in tourneys over here, I really prefer 2002 over it.

Trailer for 2002 Unlimited Match dropping in Japan next year on PS2.

Still waiting for 98UM in the states though. Supposed to get that in Feb

I'm just waiting for KOF 12. That's the only fighter I'm really looking forward to right now.

Kinda lost interest in 12 completely when it became apparent that it was to be a test/throw away game, and KoF 02UM was announced.

20 characters and shady new mechanics vs. essentially every character from 94-2002 with rebalanced classic gameplay as well as alot of new shit.

It just can't stand up to it.

I really wish they had done another Dream Match with the old sprites before going HD like this, but I guess they didn't have a choice with Capcom and Arc Systems both making the jump with SF4 and BlazBlue

20 characters versus every character from 94-2002?

Does that mean, 20 new characters? O_O

No

20 characters as in the Roster is only 20 characters

No story, No set teams

Just 20 characters in KoF 12

KOF RE-BIRTH

It looks pretty though, so I'll still play it

but more excited for 2002UM by a huge margin. Especially if 12 doesn't have my boy Clark

2002 isn't that bad of a game but the facelift they are giving it is awesome

I'd play KOF more if I knew ppl that wanted to play the game

YES i know u can play online

2002 isn't that bad of a game but the facelift they are giving it is awesome

I'd play KOF more if I knew ppl that wanted to play the game

YES i know u can play online

No I know what you mean

SNK games in general really don't have much of a US scene anywhere. At least nothing like Guilty Gear and Melty Blood. Which are the next step from CAPCOM and 3d games.

I try to get friends into them, but they're not really the 2D fighter type and I'm an even worse teacher. So most if not all my competition comes from online.(Marathoning a bunch of them on Kailera with a friend is what got me into the games in the first place actually)

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to hit me up on GGPO(or find out what that even is) drop me a PM. Always down to play new people in 98.

Holy crap! ChoppperMan, thanks a lot, that is one bad-ass trailer. It looks like that new character might be a K9999 replacement. That better be coming stateside--I played the hell out of the original 2002.

Too bad, I kind of like K9999 as a character. Him and Angel were really unorthodox but they were interesting fighters.

I think Goenitz is the cheapest KOF boss ever. My friend says Iginz was worst but I had no issues with him. Goenitz on the other hand...

K9999 was interesting to play as because he was so different, but he annoyed the crap out of me.

Igniz, good ol' Igniz, he was quite the cheapest boss I've played except for Onslaught but still I really enjoyed the guy and most specially playing as him.

It looks like that new character might be a K9999 replacement.

Exactly.

I think the Akira guys got on their case about him so instead of scrapping him completely they just gave his moveset to a new character. I hope he's atleast still in the 2002 port that will come with the game(like 98 on UM)

I'm really hyped for all the new HSDMs and additions. I just hope they fix alot of the problems in from the original 02. but even if they don't it'll still be fun as shit with all the new characters and moves.

Too bad, I kind of like K9999 as a character. Him and Angel were really unorthodox but they were interesting fighters.

Same. This new guy looks pretty bland and boring imo and can't be compared to playing as Tetsuo Shima.

and Angel is my girl, lol. Favorite female character in KoF. Still in the process of learning her combos in original 2002 but my execution is balls.

Her HSDM better still be The People's Elbow

I just peeped out KOF2002UM and I want it. It looks badass. Why couldn't KOFXII have this many characters? 20 is too low. The excitement I had for it was lost when I found that out plus the iffy gameplay.

I'll probably hop back on GGPO to play some '98. Last time I was on there I got rocked. And Goenitz is the cheapest boss ever.

I'll probably hop back on GGPO to play some '98. Last time I was on there I got rocked. ever.

Hit me up on AIM sometime if you're ever down for a few matches

I'm still learning the game, but I'd like to think I'm not absolute garbage with Clark at least, lol.

and it's better than getting your ass beat by random chinamen

Back