King Of Fighters Thread

Not that this comes as any surprise, but KOF 12 will be released in America.

Yup

and according to this, there is going to be an event on the 29th showing off the full roster and what the more complete build of the game will look like.

So expect some vids and pics to make their way onto the net. At the very least we'll get some good info and a better idea of what to expect from this game.

Oh yeah and Clark better be in this shit.

There will be much rage if K' isn't in the final build of the game. At the very least, some console-exclusive characters couldn't hurt.

There will be much rage if K' isn't in the final build of the game. At the very least, some console-exclusive characters couldn't hurt.

I doubt we'll see any console exclusives with how expensive and time consuming making these sprites probably is.

If they had any more characters ready to go, they'd probably be in the game. lol

Especially with how small the roster is this year compared to previous installments

Just played 2006.

Is that the 3D one? I think that was labeled 2006 in other countries

Moral of the story is don't play the 3D ones

i just bought kof11 the other day.

for the hardcore:

www.cyberfanatix.com

I always found cyberfanatix to be more on the fanboy side of the community than the hardcore gameplay side

If anything, Orochinagi is probably the KoF equivalent to places like Dustloop and SRK for english speaking KoF players.

It's more active as well

as for new info, 3 more characters for KoF 12 have been revealed

Goro

Chin

Kensou

so with Elizabeth who was confirmed with Goro in very early promo scans, that makes 18 out of 20 characters revealed.

Anyone else pissed off that they basically cut the fighting roster in half? Thats what made me like KOF11 so much, the variety of many different characters and fighting styles.

So now theres 2 spots left only.. and still no Kula, K, Adelheild, Vice, Momoko, Oswald, Vanessa.. etc.

They better announce that there are secret characters... :/

Well I think people need to realise that unlike previous KoFs, 12 uses completely new sprites.

Sprites that are really time consuming and resource draining to create.

So it's really to be expected that the roster would be smaller than previous games.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5719/iexplore200811282324235mh2.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1631/iexplore200811282325122yd3.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8541/iexplore200811282326519ya9.jpg

Last 3 characters(apparently)

FUCK YES @ Clark

29yjqc9_th.gif
29yjqc9_th.gif
29yjqc9_th.gif
29yjqc9_th.gif
29yjqc9_th.gif

I always found cyberfanatix to be more on the fanboy side of the community than the hardcore gameplay side

If anything, Orochinagi is probably the KoF equivalent to places like Dustloop and SRK for english speaking KoF players.

It's more active as well

as for new info, 3 more characters for KoF 12 have been revealed

Goro

Chin

Kensou

so with Elizabeth who was confirmed with Goro in very early promo scans, that makes 18 out of 20 characters revealed.

true, but Orochinagi is more or less dead. CF has some great video content and good threads about gameplay and combos.

true, but Orochinagi is more or less dead. CF has some great video content and good threads about gameplay and combos.

Dark geese and a few others still post there.

and I don't know I just liked the set-up better. Thread devoted to match vids for 98UM ACTUALLY had match vids for 98UM, instead of a bunch of shitty Combo Music Videos like on CF

Don't expect anything intelligent about gameplay there.

Dark Geese only posts there cause he's banned from SRK.

Seriously, you're more likely to find intelligent discussion on KOF on SRK of all places then from any English-speaking KOF site.

Best source for KOF information, is probably Emil's wiki articles on the SRK wiki- though it's mostly 02 stuff, and he is rather opinionated and biased (though he can back it up, I've seen him do respectable online against SBO title contenders)

Back