Learning Leixia Tutorial Series: by ZeroEffect

I actually found myself watching the whole thing. It was pretty interesting. Good work.

On a side note, when you talked about how great WR A was, you forgot to say it gives a free CE on CH.
As it is real easy to score CHs with this move, it's all the reason to love it even more.

I actually found myself watching the whole thing. It was pretty interesting. Good work.

On a side note, when you talked about how great WR A was, you forgot to say it gives a free CE on CH.
As it is real easy to score CHs with this move, it's all the reason to love it even more.

That's probably the best kind of compliment. To know that it was engaging enough for people to follow all the way through. Appreciate it, man.

As for WS A, yeah I forgot to mention the free CE. I knew about it though, so I plan to address it when I get to meter spending. I also found out Natsu can actually punish that move too up close.... screw 10 frame AAs, lol.

great episode zero, just as good as the first 2. i thought ill add if you were not aware after 44k 33bb is guaranteed but you have to be really fast if your fast enough it does 73 damage.

Good stuff Zero! Watched the whole thing too.. :) Hope to see more soon. Thx for making these!

Thank you for posting these videos! I'm trying to learn Leixia and you made things much easier!

Good job Zero. I use a bunch of chars, might just add leixia to my squad.

I might be able to get a HD capture card up and running next week. Do you want me to capture footage for the tutorials you've already filmed? I can then cut and paste them to fit with your audio and then splice in the original audio from your original tutorials for HD video quality.

Or, conversely, would you allow me to "remake" the tutorials into text-only tutorials? That way, you can also edit in new stuff that you forgot in the original tutorials.

I might be able to get a HD capture card up and running next week. Do you want me to capture footage for the tutorials you've already filmed? I can then cut and paste them to fit with your audio and then splice in the original audio from your original tutorials for HD video quality.

Or, conversely, would you allow me to "remake" the tutorials into text-only tutorials? That way, you can also edit in new stuff that you forgot in the original tutorials.

Well the way I do it now is record audio and video at the same time. It's not scripted or anything outside of the bulletpoints. About how big would the file sizes be if you recorded in HD?

great episode zero, just as good as the first 2. i thought ill add if you were not aware after 44k 33bb is guaranteed but you have to be really fast if your fast enough it does 73 damage.

I think you can tech out of that before 33BB hits.

Well the way I do it now is record audio and video at the same time. It's not scripted or anything outside of the bulletpoints. About how big would the file sizes be if you recorded in HD?
Depends on the picture quality I want it to run at, but I'd guess around 10-20 megabytes per minute for a decent to great picture quality (1080p true HD resolution). Try Youtubing true HD (1080p) videos of Xbox 360 or PS3 captures. Dance Central 2 (one of my main games, don't judge) comes to mind off the top of my head.

Search Youtube for some Dance Central 2 vids. They're generally 20 or so megabytes per minute with superb quality and resolution. The raw captures can be crystal clear and without artifacts, but that'd take up maybe 50-100 megabytes per minute and you don't really need videos of that quality on Youtube, anyway.

Just to let people know, I'm takin care of some real life stuff at the moment, but I'll try to have Episode 3 up sometime next week.

Well the 3rd episode is already recorded, but I haven't had time to edit the videos yet. It's on basic frame advantage setups. The 4th one will either be on building/spending meter or guard burst tips.

After that we can focus on more stuff like tricks and setups and what not.

Teching is when "Ukemi" appears on screen. This is done by hitting guard plus a direction after a knockdown that can be teched. Throws like Leixia's A+G cannot be teched, whereas her B+G throw can be teched.

Back