Leixia Combo Discussion

Interesting. Which directions does the 22B catch? Forward, backward, and right I'm guessing.
It actually catches all from what I tested. It misses occasionally but I attribute that to my mistiming of the move. The issue with using it to get another wall splat is that your opponent could tech to the side and you'd miss the wall splat completely. You also need to choose 22/88 based on what position you're in. You want to go towards the side where you're nearest to the wall if that makes any sense. They could always not tech as well. In which case you just gave up your wall combo for a fun party trick. But the tech trap is pretty viable when used off of a regular CH 66BB. Like 130(?) damage for one CE.

Hey I don't know if this was known already but if you get a high wallsplat with B+G, you can connect the CE as a combo.
You do this by using the throw at the maximum distance possible from the wall that lets you get the W!.

Yeah it works, but it's really hard to do that since getting a high wallsplat off B+G is so inconsistent. If they hit the wall on the way down it whiffs. It's good for a kill if you can land it, but otherwise I'd personally rather keep the wall position as opposed to CE switching positions.

I was in training mode with Leixia the other day (which I still do from time to time) and I was thinking about the combo possibilities at the breakable wall in Voldo's stage.
Normally the wall combos always include two W!, because the wall either breaks (which is a free RO afterwards anyway) or it doesn't, but in Voldo's stage there are some other possiblities because you don't get the second wallsplat.

If you break the wall with whatever wallsplat move:
W! AA BE ~ 3B ~ 3B+K will carry them out from the middle.

But if you don't have meter you can do the following combos, some examples:
4A+B W! ~ 66BB ~ 33BB = 89dmg
4A+B W! (high wallsplat, not from closerange) ~ 8B+K ~ BT B+K ~ 33BB = 96dmg

Most of the time you will have the meter and can go for a free RO with AA BE combo anyway, but if you have not, there are other possibilites than just 4A+B ~ 4A+B ~ 66K.

I tested this out today. If your opponent's guard gauge is very low and they're against a wall you can do this:

stun AA BE 3B W! 4A+B AA BE 3B burst GB combo

This actually works since the final 3B can be blocked. I congratulate in advance anyone who manages to do this in a tournament.

I tested this out today. If your opponent's guard gauge is very low and they're against a wall you can do this:

stun AA BE 3B W! 4A+B AA BE 3B burst GB combo

This actually works since the final 3B can be blocked. I congratulate in advance anyone who manages to do this in a tournament.
Using AA BE twice in a wall combo gives an amazing situation irrespective of Guard Burst potential, but considering I put this in the strategy guide, which came out when the game was released, I would be a little disappointed if Leixia players are only catching on to this now.

Using AA BE twice in a wall combo gives an amazing situation irrespective of Guard Burst potential, but considering I put this in the strategy guide, which came out when the game was released, I would be a little disappointed if Leixia players are only catching on to this now.

I've known about the combo for a while. I just recently tested out if you could get a guard burst at the end.

Nice find. Too bad the non-AC:able combos barely do more damage than her not-strict-timing 2-hit combos off launchers and they eliminate all of Leixia's oki-options. Nice for that extra damage to finish off a round, though.

Keep in mind that the most effective way to test AC is to record the dummy doing the combo and trying to escape it yourself.

This isn't a new concept by any means, but I thought I'd share my new personal favorite wall combo ender.

After any combo where you've already used your hard stun (namely AA BE), I use 4B B after the second wall hit.

Normally the "soft stun" from wall hits causes 4B B and 66B B to hard stun the opponent, granting a follow up attack.

If the hard stun is already used, these attacks combo, but leave the opponent standing up. 66B B pushes Leixia out, but 4B B leaves her at +4, directly adjacent to her opponent, who will still be very close to the wall, in a VERY uncomfortable situation.

Using 4B B doesn't grant as many + frames as 4A or iWR K, but it does excellent damage, and has mixup potential with 4B bK if you're feeling brave. Regardless of whether you choose 4B B or 4B bK, most opponents will lock up, giving Leixia an easy throw opportunity (B+G, W!, 1B does 63 dmg here and gives another mixup).

If they block the bK pound, she gets AA for free (18 damage, +2 advantage), or you can go for another guard breaking move to really work the gauge.

Personally, I like to use 4B (no follow up), CH AAB after they block the bK, as most good players will be thinking, "He's gonna do it again, so I should step now").

6B+K is a really safe option here as well, as it does good guard damage, is 100% uninterruptible (i17 at a +10 advantage), forces crouch on block, and often catches step with its tracking.

I routinely demolish people with this tactic after a guard break. Here's a sample "string" to give you ideas.

iWR K, Break!, 44[A], AA BE, 3B, W!, 4A+B, W!, 4B bK, AA, B+G, W!, 1B, WR A+B, 6K K, 66B, 66A A, 2K.

does anyone know this combo yet?
WR_B(BE) B+K CE
Yes. I'd recommend checking the combo thread before asking since most combos are listed there. This also applies to your other posts. Read first. That way you're not repeating stuff that's been discussed/answered already

Back