Leixia Combo Discussion

Just found 3 more Post Guard Burst combos that lead to 8B+K ~ G ~ AA[BE].

Here's the FC A+B break with a wall combo. By the way, the FC A+B break to 8B+K G ~ AA[BE] combos only work near walls.

The other 2 I'll save till ECT 5

Here's the FC A+B break with a wall combo. By the way, the FC A+B break to 8B+K G ~ AA[BE] combos only work near walls.
The other 2 I'll save till ECT 5

This is an interesting setup. But if you break them at the wall, wouldn't you be better off doing 3B/iFC 3B to re-wall them? More damage, same meter, as well as corner position.

IIRC, the only moves that guarantee the 8B+K combo when breaking the guard against all characters (and at all ranges) are:
22B, WS B, 66BbB and FC3bB
And 22B is by far the most useful imo.

Lol, yo, I probably sound like an asshole goin "Durr yeah but that's not maximum reward". But I think there's no reason to willingly take your opponent out of the corner. Especially with Leixia.

Anyway, feel free to post up whatever combos/traps whatever you all want. Whether I'd use them or not shouldn't matter, lol.

IIRC, the only moves that guarantee the 8B+K combo when breaking the guard against all characters (and at all ranges) are:
22B, WS B, 66BbB and FC3bB
And 22B is by far the most useful imo.

True

Lol, yo, I probably sound like an asshole goin "Durr yeah but that's not maximum reward". But I think there's no reason to willingly take your opponent out of the corner. Especially with Leixia.

I know what you mean by having Leixia super effective near the wall. I didn't make my own wall combo vid yet, but I just wanted to show that FC A+B Break ~ 8B+K ~ G ~ AA[BE] combos were only possible near the wall because the push back on block for FC A+B is so strong.

Hi, its possible to do 8B+K AA BE with a lot of moves after GB like FC3B or the follow up K to 3B+K ( in combos ) you have to use backdash quickly and 8B+K !

44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ 3B ~ (W!) ~ 4A+B ~ (W!) ~ 6BA ~ CE does less damage if you do 3B+K, then a 44K break.

So what breaks yield the most damaging combos?
WR K, 1B+K, 44K, last hit of AA BE, last hit of 4BB
Keep in mind that sometimes it's better to not get greedy and only go for moves that give the 44[A] combo. It's better to break and get a 66BB → CE than to lose because the opponent was doing their best to not get guard broken.

So what breaks yield the most damaging combos?

44[A] and 8B+K ~ G ~ AA[BE] Combos are the breaks you get the most damage from.

Damage totals after a guard burst depending on which moves you broke with.

A+B ~ CE = 92 DMG
4A+B ~ CE = 97 DMG
66BB ~ CE_1A ~ 6BA ~ CE = 98 DMG
44[A] ~ 6BA ~ CE = 99 DMG
44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ CE_44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ 3B ~ CE = 114 DMG
8B+K ~ G ~ AA[BE] ~ 3B ~ CE = 119 DMG
4B ~ 4BB (Third Hit Only) Break ~ 44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ CE_44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ 3B ~ CE = 142 DMG
CH AA[BE] with 5th Hit Blocked Break ~ 44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ CE_44[A] ~ AA[BE] ~ 3B ~ CE = 173 DMG

My question was not which combos are the most damaging, but which breaks yield the most damage post-break. For example, 44K, WR K and 3B+K.K (2nd hit) can all be followed up with the 44[A] combo, but which one of them give the most damage? The same goes for the breaks that give you 8B+K ~ G ~ AA BE and the ones that give 66BB.

Edit:
WR K, 1B+K, 44K, last hit of AA BE, last hit of 4BB
Keep in mind that sometimes it's better to not get greedy and only go for moves that give the 44[A] combo. It's better to break and get a 66BB → CE than to lose because the opponent was doing their best to not get guard broken.
Just saw this. Wait, 1B+K and last hit of 4BB both give 44[A]? Which break gives the most damaging 66BB ~ CE combo?

That's certainly a functional combo, but you can do even better! :)

After 44[A] lands, try using AA Brave Edge, 3B, 1B. This nets big damage and an EXCELLENT wakeup game.

If the wall is behind them, try this combo for awesome damage.

44[A], AA BE, 3B, W!, 4A+B, W!, 6BA (AT), 6BA/6KK/CE

Your combo can be difficult to land for two reasons. Number one, 44[A], 6BA only triggers the attack throw if you're really close. Number two: 6BA (AT), 6KK only works on certain characters. Some characters, like Ivy, can simply block the 6KK, leaving you at a nasty frame disadvantage.

If you'd ever like to spar on XBL, just send me a message. :)

If only this forum allowed the option to upload videos recorded with an iPhone :(

That's certainly a functional combo, but you can do even better! :)

After 44[A] lands, try using AA Brave Edge, 3B, 1B. This nets big damage and an EXCELLENT wakeup game.

If the wall is behind them, try this combo for awesome damage.

44[A], AA BE, 3B, W!, 4A+B, W!, 6BA (AT), 6BA/6KK/CE

Your combo can be difficult to land for two reasons. Number one, 44[A], 6BA only triggers the attack throw if you're really close. Number two: 6BA (AT), 6KK only works on certain characters. Some characters, like Ivy, can simply block the 6KK, leaving you at a nasty frame disadvantage.

If you'd ever like to spar on XBL, just send me a message. :)
Sure, thanks! :)

It seems that FC 3B ~ 33_99BB also works on Viola after you duck the 2nd hit off 66AAB and only if she doesn't complete the string. Also FC 3B ~ 3B+KK works. That's right the flip kick is actual guaranteed in an actual combo.

Back