Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Against:
ORB 6A,B
ORB 66A,A,B
ORB 8A+B

SET BBB
SET A+B, A, B

Leixia can 44B+K aGI the last hit on all of the above. Grants a free 3B, 1B combo to set up a mixup and force Viola to deal with Leixia being in her face (which is where Viola doesn't want to be after a knockdown)

Some of these have pretty tight timing, requiring that Leixia commit to using the aGI immediately after blocking the first hit. That being said, having this at your disposal is sure to scare Viola when she's busy trying to set her orb so she can land combos.
great find yes, you can AGI the orb with 44b+k i did say it was her best AGI.
you can even agi 6b+k on reaction with 44b+k and the timing for this is not that hard plus it pulls viola forward for a launch. cant believe people were complaining about that move rofl
at least leixia jas a hard counter to that 6B+K drama.
i did say leixia rapes viola.
you can even auto GI the first hit of 44a BE
and 22b BE

Yeah, sometimes this happens unfortunately =/
It's because Patroklos BB moves him forward and so he is off-axis.

There are some patient players who can put a little damper on my offense. As you all know, if you're familiar with playing against Leixia, she can be a bit predictable because she doesn't have an outstanding mix up game. So I need to step up my poke game, but I'm not sure what moves I should be poking with!...especially when playing against someone who is good at punishment.

What are the best ways to poke and possibly open people up a little?

Some of her more worthwhile pokes:

AA - a given. Fast, kills step, safe.

2A - Also a given. Fast, safe, considerable + frames on hit, tech crouches etc.

2K - Same as any other 2K - fast, tech crouches, good for finishing off.

3A - Low damage, but it step kills, tech crouches and leaves you in FC afterwards.

1B - Hits grounded, solid range, leaves you in FC

4B - On the slow side, but does solid damage, guard pressure and is very safe.

4K - Quick, tracks well, barely any disadvantage on block. Can be followed up with 3B on hit (or CE if you have enough meter)

66K - Tracks well to one side, fast, solid damage, safe

22_88K/kA - Not as good as it was pre-patch, but still a useable mix-up. Very slow, but if your opponent anticipates 22K, you can use 22kA instead, and then slam them with its follow-ups for 54 damage + KND.

AA isn't a good poke because it can be crouched. some people while crouch that second A if they're expecting it. my poke game ends up very similar to dead or alive. you only throw out single hitters. like A, 6B, 2K (which is a good move for baiting), etc. after a good 3 or 4 of those then you finish one because normally the opponent things you're going to poke all day and they will look to retaliate right afterwards. then you finish that 6BA or AA. and if you're feeling lucky you can even do a WRB, WR3b, or 6KK if the first hit connects. it's about mind games but it's always best to keep up the upper hand.

by the way, i don't think 4B is very safe at all. i've been hit from it plenty of time. it leaves them time to attack. all the moves mentioned above go into a back and forth, your turn-my turn type of game. not stabbing MntT77 or anything but that's not a poke game.

AA isn't a good poke because it can be crouched. some people while crouch that second A if they're expecting it.

That's its only real flaw though (that, and Natsu can A:6 punish it up-close...) If they start crouching on anticipation you can slam them with safe mids. Other than that it's her fastest move (Crybaby doesn't count for obvious reasons), tracks both ways and has alright range. It would be silly not to use it.

by the way, i don't think 4B is very safe at all. i've been hit from it plenty of time. it leaves them time to attack. all the moves mentioned above go into a back and forth, your turn-my turn type of game. not stabbing MntT77 or anything but that's not a poke game.

I meant safe as in safe on block (-4). You have to be careful about when you use it, of course, but at mid-range and at frame advantage it's not a bad tool to use occasionally.

On the whole, Leixia's game is based on low risk, low reward. The likes of 6BA are rather gimmicky (the first hit in its own right does have great range for its speed though), and 6KK should only really be used as a punishment tool.

I'm sorry but can't this go in the Q&A Thread? We don't need a new thread for every question, do we? :)

Sorry, Kalas. Didn't mean to create clutter, but thanks guys. This will help a lot. Now I just have to train my fingers to use better pokes automagically.

Leixia's pokes? 6B is great. Safe, ranged i13 poke, +6 on hit, and has followups. can be done from crouch/backstep.
As mentioned you got AA(can NOT be crouched in-between. I dunno who said that), 2A, 22A, iWS A, B, (yes single B), 2B, 1B, 66B, 2K, 3K, 4K, 22K,

Her poke game is actually really good. Some of the best in the game imo. It's probably the best thing she's got going for her... unfortunately you need more than just that to win.

Yeah she got pokes. But the funny thing is that even moves that are not pokes only do poke-damage.

Right... what I meant to say was, Leixia's pokes? Anything in her move list. 3B and FC 3B are just pokes that cause anti-gravity state.

just updating you guys since for some reason I have been having a lot of success lately with leixia. 44B seems to work extremely well when used correctly. 22_88K and its other followups seem to be the most "viable" low besides 2K.
FC 3B really should be used over 3B since it safe. One major change I made was comboing FC3B, 1B. This not only does somewhat the same damage as FC3B, 3b+k but also gives you the mixup advantage from the untechable knockdown it causes. This one change has decided my win in MANY matches and I highly recommend it. 66K is becoming one of my favorite moves as its quick and is only steppable to one side. It also leaves the enemy backturned on hit and leaves you at advantage. WORK THE GAUGE!! I like to rush with leixia and hurt the gauge of people that guard too much. I usually use a mixture of FC3bB, 66BB.... , WR K, and an occasional 44k. I rarely use feints as it seems to be interrupted with attacks or especially cervy's auto impact. In a feint situation, followup with 66K since it is a quick interrupter that most likely won't be stepped and on hit will combo. I also love the use of 1B+K to break the gauge because it is much faster than 44k, but still allows you to land a guaranteed 44[A]. I LOVE IT!

Anything else anyone would like to add that seems to be effective please do.

Honorable mentions: 66BB = pretty safe and catches people who think you will do the guardbreaker. Second hit causes stun that can combo into a CE for VERY GOOD damage.

3A+B= safe and a great step killer but a little slow on startup.

66AA= safe and great stepkiller. I highly recommend using it to get in. Great for mixups as you can stop after the first hit and go for a throw, or finish the move and followup with a WR mixup like WR B(BE)

Positive stuff
Nice post.

3A+B is i17, it's pretty fast for what it does.

My only issue with what you write is that, against a top player, 66AA and 66BB are not at all safe, in fact they are incredibly risky. This is, for me, what makes Leixia so hard to play in this game. If you are losing the round, most of the cast can space you for free. You have to fish for CH 66BB with a good read, or patiently work your way in for a safer approach. But once you get in, your opponent has many opportunities to backstep out of any mix-up.

Basically from close range Leixia is low-risk low reward, but from further out becomes high-risk low reward.

Basically from close range Leixia is low-risk low reward, but from further out becomes high-risk low reward.

I completely agree, although do you mean that they are unsafe because they can be just guarded? 66AA is a natural combo, KND, and can't be stepped at all. It has decent range but the first hit is high and a little slow at i18. It is safe at -12 except from a pyrrha or pyrrha O stab. AA can't even punish it because the move puts you in crouch. the second hit of 66BB
cannot be stepped unless you do the guard break and like any move, it will be unsafe if you justguard it, which I just tested and is hard to do knowing its coming. Imagine timing it on reaction. It is also -8 on hit and completely safe.

I completely agree, although do you mean that they are unsafe because they can be just guarded? 66AA is a natural combo, KND, and can't be stepped at all. It has decent range but the first hit is high and a little slow at i18. It is safe at -12 except from a pyrrha or pyrrha O stab. AA can't even punish it because the move puts you in crouch. the second hit of 66BB
cannot be stepped unless you do the guard break and like any move, it will be unsafe if you justguard it, which I just tested and is hard to do knowing its coming. Imagine timing it on reaction. It is also -8 on hit and completely safe.
Both 66BB and 66BbB can be stepped to either direction after the first hit is blocked making you unsafe.

What I have been doing is 66B into 3AA until people freeze up and respect the step kill or try interrupting it. I then go for 66BB which does good guard damage without the GB version and its uninterruptible so you can go for the CE or 33BB if they press buttons.

Back