lets talk about 6B

Slayer_X64

Siegfried SA Moderator
ok, so this move is long ranged, good SG, TC's, slow, linear, and punishable. but lets not overlook it so easily. 6B has a number of uses:

-it makes a good long range whiff punish to whip out on a whim. if it gets blocked, it spaces them even more, and puts a dent in their soul gauge
-it TC's and strikes a distance, which makes it useful for punishing long ranged high's/pokes after certain setups eg raph 8wr A+B 6BB
-it can be useful to knock opponents out of stance from a safe distance
-it does ok damage
-it tracks slightly left.
it can be jumped by certain moves.

so what do you use 6B for? anything else to add? anything u disagree with?

I like to use it off the gun to kill forward step or lots of beginning attacks from most characters. It's pretty risky, but effective if it works.

It is also an ok starter for wall combos.

Siggy is a stupid useless character who is not as cool as Talim. So sorry dylan. :D

Anyway. 6b is just strange to me. It's seems really slow and I feel like it's only good for spacing. :D The animation is weird to me cause it's so to th eimpact but then it looks like he puts the sword back hella quick. Just strange. but yea.

ANd Siggy is cool. :D

if ur opponent charges at you its probably more effective to throw out a 6B than to try to time a 3B, especially if they have longer range than u.

Oh Gosh. I agree. I play Naarutori all the time and he used to only use 3b when I ran at him and when i knew it was comin I could easily just WC with Talim to get out the way and then punish it if I'm close enough.

Tiers mean nothing, it's just a measure of how many tools you have to deal with your opponent. They could make Siegfried bottom tier and I'd still play him.
Also, if you're after an off the bat surprise attack, why not 1B, it does more damage and I promise you does a lot more to your opponent's morale.

My main use : Soul Gauge damage (8). Of course it's not safe, but a lot of character are not able too punish it at tip range (btw more damage and more safe).

Second use : Yes, whiff punish, one of the best tool. Polyvalent (range, speed, damage).

Third : Front RO (why not after a GI to delay), 3B is combo to help.

The TC frame are good (near the 10th frame if I remember good)

Very true, it does carry an excellent tech crouch - if you over use iaga and 3A like I do it minimises sidestep risk I suppose... I'm going to try and use it more - I know there's a couple of force block situations with it after all.

Slay, I use 6B for all the purposes you mentioned, I didn't knew it tracked better to the left, thanks.
How often I use it depends on my opponent's potential to spontaneously side step (step-G) or side run.

i found 6B very useful as counter attack as well, especially from the safe distance, sometimes guard me 6B, and attack me, i guard it and respond with 2A+B, beacause it's so similar and the opponent can't guard it. Other time i use 6B to close a combo, to keep the foe so far, and then run to him and then B+G :3 My gamepal hate me when i do it

I know you are new, so you are allowed some mistakes. Just remember in the future that you shouldn't reply to threads that the last reply was 3 months old or more. Be careful next time.

@ Mage
I think me and Slayer can handle our jobs perfectly well without you doing them for us. Be careful next time.

@Zeero
Sadly, he is right - we generally leave dead threads dead without good reason. Nevertheless, it's always good to have a discussion, so I'm going to participate and see where it leads:

6B and 2A+B is not a viable mixup as they can easily be distinguished and blocked accordingly, this may work online but that is because it is a lag tactic and not a legitimate mixup. =/
6B is a pretty risky move to just throw out there - its good for SG damage and front RO but you have to use it at range and be confident your opponent will block it. Offline most players will step it on reaction and punish you heavily. It is a good move, but it is situational and certainly not something you should use very often without good reason.
The best times to use this move are:
Post GI mixup,
Whiff punishment (though I will say 1B I find to be much better),
At range vs. a lazy opponent
and finally when you need SG damage and fast.

Hope that helps =)

Yeah, its surprisingly good in that matchup. I remember in 2010 (or was it 2009?), when Doc played Algol at EBO, 6B was the core of my counter gameplan to his spacing. When we finished the 1st-to-5 5-1 in my favor he turned around and yelled "thats how you beat algol, you whiney scrubs". Alas, Algol was still banned after that tournament. :P

Arguably not, but thats what the organizers decided. And even a German must bow to the will of the G.O.D.'s.

Arguably not, but thats what the organizers decided. And even a German must bow to the will of the G.O.D.'s.

While it´s true that in the end the "GOD´s" decide it all, lol i still think it was 100% the right decision. With a character like Algol, an extremely unbalance´d game became even more unbalance´d and complicated.

But i guess we agree to disagree when it comes to this discussion. Like years before.

6B had 4B+K cancel into NLS' in SC2.. I miss that.. I hope its in SC5 as 6B~B+K into SBH' or idk..

Back