LittleBigPlanet!!

Good going, Media Molecule and Sony! This was supposed to be the PS3's big exclusive, killer app, and now you're just throwing away your hard-won good will with these draconian measures.

While I can understand the intent behind removing copyrighted materials from their servers, they should at least give warnings to people before they delete levels. And when they do so, at least give the creator a chance to fix whatever's offensive or infringing about them or let them keep their work locally.

I really hope MM and SCE feel the backlash and adopt more reasonable moderation methods, because I really, really like LBP and what it represents for gaming. If not, my faith in custom content working on consoles has been set back once again. =/

Wow, and here I thought MM was doing something right. What with all that happened in the beta, what drove them to suddenly begin this act, NOW? If this continues, it's going to kill the shit load of potential this game has thus killing the game itself in the process. Argh

Its not about Sony's "Draconian Measures"... its about not getting sued. Its the same reason why Activision is deleting songs from Guitar Hero World Tour. When you put copyrighted material into a game without permission, you open yourself for legal action. This day and age, where intellectual property rights are under constant legal pressure and everyone is quick to respond with lawsuits, its only natural.

There are many GREAT levels in LBP that aren't related to Nintendo or other game studios. In fact, those are usually the better ones. The levels which are nothing more than sendups to older classic games (like all the shitty Mario levels), usually suck ass.

Its not about Sony's "Draconian Measures"... its about not getting sued. Its the same reason why Activision is deleting songs from Guitar Hero World Tour. When you put copyrighted material into a game without permission, you open yourself for legal action. This day and age, where intellectual property rights are under constant legal pressure and everyone is quick to respond with lawsuits, its only natural.

There are many GREAT levels in LBP that aren't related to Nintendo or other game studios. In fact, those are usually the better ones. The levels which are nothing more than sendups to older classic games (like all the shitty Mario levels), usually suck ass.

In regards to recreating stages from other games and whatnot I can understand (which is probably why you can not upload your own MP3s to be used as the BGM for your created stage). However, from what I read on LittleBigWorkshop, some have been getting their stages "moderated" even though it didn't possess anything copyrighted or offensive. That's what I have a problem with.

Yeah I'd understand that much.

But if you read the article, they've deleted stages that aren't based on intellectual properties at all. One stage just happened to share the same name as a romantic comedy and BOOM deleted. That's all it takes.

and even worse, they're deleting unpublished stages. Which shows that they monitor what you make in the game offline as well.

So I don't think calling these measures unfair or extreme is too far from the truth.

Yeah there are great original stages, but not everyone has the capacity to make those. I know I don't. I just wanted to make shit for myself and friends to get a laugh at and enjoy. but with these kind of restrictions, I won't beable to do even that much. So the game loses all value to me.

Pretty much says in the Eula agreement that you have no privacy whatsoever, and we agreed so they have right to delete offline levels also. I really need to actually read these agreements.

I just wonder how long my level will stay up, even though all I have is just an eyetoy picture of Ling Xiaoyu in it. I would take it down, but I just don't understand the Eula agreement, it reads as if even creating something inspired by IP is up to "moderation". Oh and I also have fire ants in it and those are probably owned by National Geographic or something.

Something has got to give. With copyrights and patents being handed out like hotcakes our children's children won't be able to create anything without lawsuit. I can see it now, 2030 news headline: parents sued for child building lego Mario, parents outraged.

Oh well, gives me reason to drop my addiction a bit to LBP and get back to work in Tekken, SCIV, and soon to learn SF4.

Media Molecule has yet again struck another nerve.

http://kotaku.com/5089481/lbp-moderation-remains-inscrutable-unaccountable

This is seriously inexcusable. Taking down stages with the PURPOSE of being original without giving an explanation as to WHY is crossing the line. I'm getting pretty fed up with the nonsense MM is pulling and the more I see this happen the more I'm reluctant to even make a stage myself. If this keeps up I'm just going to get rid of my copy.

Their moderation system sucks. Part of me almost suspects someone decided to be a jerk and report this as bad and it was temporarily taken down.

But wait, we got new costumes for Sackperson!

LBP is indeed a sweet game. It's a fine throwback to when you could play a platformer and be engrossed for hours compared to the 'need to blow up stuff while staring at tits and chugging power drinks' direction that alot of games are going.

MGS Sackboy items finally announced date !! December 23rd !! Costumes are Old Snake, Raiden, Meryl, Raiden, Screaming Mantis, and one of the soilders from MGS2 for $5.99+tax (as well as new tax from NY. >_<). They will also be offering a new level pack, which will include 5 new Story Levels and a new Challenge Level. It will also come with the following:

72 new stickers
12 materials
10 decorations
18 objects
1 new background music track
3 new interactive music tracks
1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments
The Paintinator!

Supposedly released same day.