Lizardman Mixups/Strategies

onlywingedangel

[09] Warrior
Sephalump said:
Well every character needs mix-up, so we could try a mix-up only thread. Not strats, but things that transition well in and out of crawl. I'd like to start with LC A+K, G, throw has worked in my experiances. The opponent stands up to block the 2nd hit of the move and eats a throw. With changing the throw out for the actual finish+combo you can already add a bit of havoc to lizzy's play style.

Blame him,

Im trying to resurrect this forum since no one wants to talk about Liz.

how about Purposely whiffing 33[A] so you can go in to crawling stance and hit him with a A+K?

66A:B Delay, but don't do B just throw.

8B+K (Non charged or charged as long as quake stun) Throw.

6[K] into the wall can create a 6{k] W! : Throw combo.

BTW: Does CH Crawling Stance B allow for B+K? (the rolling one) not the GI)

Lizardman has no 66A:B or 8A+B moves...
LC B+K only is the roll, LC A+B is the GI...

I dunno what you're smoking, but I need some of that.

Lizardman has no 66A:B or 8A+B moves...
LC B+K only is the roll, LC A+B is the GI...

I dunno what you're smoking, but I need some of that.

Lizardman is my sub forgive me (Btw Im smoking some Hilde Doom combo, want sum?)

Anyways yeah CH LC B : LC B+K is guranteed?

and I meant I think 66B+K:A:B. which i Mean would be 66B+K:A But just stop and throw.

Also anyuse for 22_88K?

and when I meant 8A+B I think I mean 8B+k the Jumping Unblockable that causes quake stun.

Blame me for what, I want it resurected too :(
I was being sarcastic :)

I'm not shring any of my tactic/mix ups with you guys!

But I found that LC cancel grab works 90% of the time. It's awesome. I also never use LC unless I want to grab.

a quick getaway strategy i use is 33 then LC and B B B (froggy hopping above the opponent :P) it also makes anyone who's watching to burst out laughing :P

oh and CH 66A, 3K, 214B+G.... it takes about half life bar :3

CH 66A, 3K, 214B+G.

66A is a shakeable stun

3K is a very fast but non-stun kick.

214B+G, never saw any reason why that grab was important...does more damage? RO capabilities? idk.

How does that take out half the life bar? I dont even see that as a combo.

How does that take out half the life bar? I dont even see that as a combo.
that's the point, its a grab set-up...

with 3K you force the opponent to break his stun and just stand there looking at you.... then you do the 214B+G (because it make's more damage the the other grabs)

now, if someone is fast enough to break the stun before the kick, you just do 66A and then 214B+G ^^

and, if he knows the grab is coming and try to duck, you just do 66K...

True that is relying on allot of mindsets though relying on the mindset that the enemy is expecting an attack and will guard (most likely) or attempt to recover with some form of attack.

But I see what you're saying.

I really got to read up on my Lizardman moves

3A??
you mean the mid "side-chop-like" move??

yes and no

CH 3A is a minor stun but throw afterwards is nice. 66K is also the fastest thing to hit the opponent before he shakes out of the stun.

What i meant was 11_99 A:K don't do the K part just A and then throw.

and I meant I think 66B+K:A:B. which i Mean would be 66B+K:A But just stop and throw.

Also anyuse for 22_88K?

The A in 66B+K,A,B is a high and unsafe, so it would probably get punished before you try for a throw. 66B+K itself is safe though and neutral on hit, so a mixup of some sort might work there once or twice before your opponent catches on.

22_88K has an okay tech jump. It's also safe and does decent SG damage (14 blocked=crush). Afterwards, 1K will catch all but right tech, 3B will catch all but left, and both hit grounded.

Is there any reason to use 44[A],B? The GB version doesn't seem to be any safer, or do more SG damage. You don't need to commit to the charge though, is that any good for GI-whiffing or something?

Is there any reason to use 44[A],B

The charge for 44[A],B takes too long IMO and everyone should punish it easily.

When do you use 44A,B anyways? its a great damage and combo set-upper but its got a pretty short range, maybe after 6k or B+K? speaking of which when to use B+K? its not too fast, always a stun hit but incredibly short ranged.

Yeah I don't use the GB version often, I was just curious.

After CH 6K, 44A,B (non-GB, of course) is guaranteed, and if you can nail the 33B:B JF after that you can get some real good damage. Too bad I suck at getting 33B:B to work :P

Edit: And B+K whiffs so much that I'm usually too surprised to follow up when it does hit. It's good on block though, leaves you at +3, 12 to crush. However, I barely use it, since I'm always worried that it'll miss for absolutely no reason.

Yeah I don't use the GB version often, I was just curious.

After CH 6K, 44A,B (non-GB, of course) is guaranteed, and if you can nail the 33B:B JF after that you can get some real good damage. Too bad I suck at getting 33B:B to work :P

Yeah 33B:B is really hard. I've done it only twice once completely by random when I wasn't trying to do it online. and in traning mode while mashing the b button.

Is it one of the hardest JF's?

I think one of the annoying parts about lizardman is that most of his best moves are all 8wayrun. Tapping a direction twice for combos takes awhile to get used to.

Yeah 33B:B is really hard. I've done it only twice once completely by random when I wasn't trying to do it online. and in traning mode while mashing the b button.

Is it one of the hardest JF's?

I think one of the annoying part about lizardman is that his best moves are all 8wayrun. Tapping a direction twice takes awhile to get used to.

I've had some success timing the second B a little late into the animation, if that makes any sense. Like just a split second after the 33B hits the opponent, tap B then. I definitely find it one of the harder JFs. I don't even bother trying it online, lol.

He's got solid pokes and a bunch of stuff outside of 8wayrun moves: 6B, 3A, 3K, 4B+K, 4K, 4A covers just about everything you'd want with range (6B), step-killing (4A), TC (4B+K), etc. and all with decent frames.

His best combos usually do require some 8wayrun moves, but it doesn't take too long to get used to. Much easier than someone like, say Setsuka or Ivy. Now THAT takes some getting used to, lol.

Back