Lizardman Mixups/Strategies

So just got back home from a trip where I couldn't do shit with people to test out on but I have some mixups and such, and a few minor combos(I know they don't go here but yeah, maybe it'll help you guys out?) First are a few obvious ones that aren't difficult to do. WR K,K,K stop after first K(on block) and do a throw.
Like I said the A+K guard cancel to throw. also LC to make them miss then cancel into throw works wonders most the time. Tested against my not so great friend 44[a],throw does work very well, and CH 6k, throw(though there are better options). And though the move is a bitch to actually hit with A+K spin kick into 44[K], LC A is a decent combo that make catch some people off guard since I don't see much use of A+K(telegraphs horrible and is a punishable high). Also, how many of you have masacared 66A,A killik spammers with A+B, 33A+B? XD I love it. Block first attack, techjump second and combo. As for a half life combo(though shake-able) 66A, 44AB, 33A+B i think does massive damage and I want to try out 4[B+K] in combos tonight since the lizard crawl state afterwards could lead into mixup/damage potential.
I'll try and get back tommorrow.
On the note of the forum being dead, I hate it. Lizardman is effing amazing. So many people take him out too early. Almost every decent move has a combo followup, and his combos do good damage. Hopefully one day we can bring it back from the dead.
The charged GB version of 44AB has its uses to me at least. It Tech Crouches making it a good move to throw out when your opponent is being predictable. It does GB, which can be added for preasure, does good damage, spin stuns, and the B can be linked into the easy 33A+B combo for damage or if you're feeling extra awesome 33B: LCB LC B+K/A+K. But yeah, don't throw it around too often its easily punished.
Just so you guys know I'm new and not that good, I just play how I've come to play over time. So I might be wrong and I'm definatly not trying to 1-up anyone here! I'm here for the greater good of scaly green players everywhere.
OFF TOPIC: Has anyone customized their LM into something they find awesome? I did a white and arctic blue LM with the 1 player normal weapon and shield.

4[B+K] puts you into crawl with advantage on hit or block, so that could work well. If you use it after a launcher they might be able to AC away from any mixup, though. 4B+K~G, however, gives some real good RO range after most launchers. But it is possible to ring yourself out with it, so watch the distance between you and the edge.

The reason the Lizzy forum is dead is probably like Freaky has said; he's a simple character. Solid and effective, but simple. There just isn't as much to discuss with him as there is with some of the other characters.

And I also find it a lot of fun to mess with Lizzy's color scheme. Leopard Gecko Lizardman, FTW. 8D

After A+B 4{B+k} connects and I haven't had a miss but it was on random and I was rushing :(. BT LC B+K has to be used if you want to face your opponent though, but if A+B was used up close it may combo. Even if not you're still in crawl, your oppoent has been preasured, and immediatly after BT B+K you could(and should) follow up with crawl moves or cancels..

6K is a great stun but when to use? Its slow as hell. although great range

Anyone got any wall combos with Lz?

only one I made up was 6[K] W! Throw.

BT LC B+K can be used twice before the opponent recovers fully. and I always get ay from them at that time.

6K is a good spacing move if you use it right. It's good for setups on block and the unshakable stun is great, you just have to use the move carefully.

Also, this thread needs more 11B. Great move.

How could I have forgotten???? 11B I is a fantastic move. Does anyone have any setups for it? I just use it when my opponent rushes or throw it out randomly when i see a chance.

9A W! throw

did around 97-100DMG the timing is a bit odd though it dosen't work all the time

2B k Mixup

Do 2B pause then do 2B K. Usually this will make the illusion that LM is punishible until he does 2B K which on CH is very good.

Mix-up time. I was getting bored with Asty, didn't wanna deal with Maxi's PSL's, wasn't in a mood for voldo, and taking a break from Zasalamel(spelling is wrong but you know who, anyways if you know this guy please gimme some tips!!!) so I toyed around with Lizzy's setups. 11A,(quick mid) Some things work better than others but experiment. Mind you to get this to work get your opponent used to you completeing the string first. Another good find is the set-up is toying with his quake-stun unblockable. Don't spam that stuff but the occasional one can catch someone off guard and make you look stylish. I like training them to expect 1k at a certain time say after a dash then throw it out there with the charge. Most the time whoever i've tried it on paniced and ate it.

Keep lizardman's SC game in mind when planning these mixups, his SC potential is absolutely ridiculous. 6B and 44B are two must-use moves: 6B breaks in 13, is i17, completely safe, and knocks down on CH, 44B breaks in 8, TJ's (tough timing since it's not near start-up) and launches on hit for a guaranteed 33A+B for damage or 4B+K~G for long range forward RO.

11B, 44AB, 3B, and 66A+B although all unsafe, rape gauge. 66A+B actually has enough pushback on it to be pretty safe at max range, which is one of the only 3 scenarios you should use it. Those 3 scenarios are a) max range poke when they expect yet another 66A, b) whiff punish if 11B may not hit, c) follow-up a connected 22_88B … actually it’s also useful to stuff any move that steps back than charges back in to stab you (like X’s).

As for B+K, I’m actually a big fan and user of the move. Yes, it whiffs on certain characters sometimes, but usually not at point blank range and when the characters are properly aligned (ie. Not off-axis).

Also, practice the 33B:B just frame. It’s worth learning to increase Lizzy’s damage output. You’ll probably never get it 100% of the time, but I’m catching about 80% of the time now (sometimes I’ll be on fire and nail it consistently for some oooo’s and aahhhh’s).

I’m going to post some vids soon once they’re ready. Don’t expect anything mind-blowing, I’m learning more and more everyday and still have some very bad habits like post-GI throws when I go into noob-drone mode, but there are some pretty intense matches that highlight some of my ranting above along with some funny LC shenanigans.

Something I notice wasn’t mentioned in this particular thread is that LC should NOT be used freely in every matchup. I even end some combos differently to avoid crawl transitions in some matchups (ex. a really good Sophie who can do i236B:4 from friggin face down on the ground which will punish crawl before you can get up and block or LC A+B, look up Ramon videos T_T).

Keep lizardman's SC game in mind when planning these mixups, his SC potential is absolutely ridiculous. 6B and 44B are two must-use moves: 6B breaks in 13, is i17, completely safe, and knocks down on CH, 44B breaks in 8, TJ's (tough timing since it's not near start-up) and launches on hit for a guaranteed 33A+B for damage or 4B+K~G for long range forward RO.

11B, 44AB, 3B, and 66A+B although all unsafe, rape gauge. 66A+B actually has enough pushback on it to be pretty safe at max range, which is one of the only 3 scenarios you should use it. Those 3 scenarios are a) max range poke when they expect yet another 66A, b) whiff punish if 11B may not hit, c) follow-up a connected 22_88B … actually it’s also useful to stuff any move that steps back than charges back in to stab you (like X’s).

As for B+K, I’m actually a big fan and user of the move. Yes, it whiffs on certain characters sometimes, but usually not at point blank range and when the characters are properly aligned (ie. Not off-axis).

Also, practice the 33B:B just frame. It’s worth learning to increase Lizzy’s damage output. You’ll probably never get it 100% of the time, but I’m catching about 80% of the time now (sometimes I’ll be on fire and nail it consistently for some oooo’s and aahhhh’s).

I’m going to post some vids soon once they’re ready. Don’t expect anything mind-blowing, I’m learning more and more everyday and still have some very bad habits like post-GI throws when I go into noob-drone mode, but there are some pretty intense matches that highlight some of my ranting above along with some funny LC shenanigans.

Something I notice wasn’t mentioned in this particular thread is that LC should NOT be used freely in every matchup. I even end some combos differently to avoid crawl transitions in some matchups (ex. a really good Sophie who can do i236B:4 from friggin face down on the ground which will punish crawl before you can get up and block or LC A+B, look up Ramon videos T_T).

Pure awesomness this will help allot. TY.
but seriously angel step from face down? that's sometin.

You know those annoying people who will hit you with a guard break move then immediately throw you?

44 [A]--> Throw can work, but only once, then they'll start expecting it <_<

66B+K and the rest of that string is pretty useless from my experience unless you're amazing at CH fishing, though I believe it does TC. 11B gives the same launch and is much more applicable.

Anyone else like 4B? It's one of my favorites. Decent speed, great dmg on CH, good SG dmg, virtually safe. Only problem I have with it is its high.

What's the animation for 4 B again? And I swear these "Lizardman has not tactics" or "Lizardman is too simple a character ot hhave a forum on" comments are driving me nuts @.@. And on the Starkiller forum they have a list of moves that tend to whiff. Why don't we toss one together so people know what moves don't work on certain characters? I could do some testing tommorrow but not tonight. Stupid classes.

he gives the guy a hook to the jaw with his shield ... 44K or 44[K], LC A is guaranteed off of CH ... similar dmg on each option, one leaves u in crawl and the other doesnt

he gives the guy a hook to the jaw with his shield ... 44K or 44[K], LC A is guaranteed off of CH ... similar dmg on each option, one leaves u in crawl and the other doesnt
One of the most awesomest throws ever.

66A+B is a great whiff punisher. Im not sure about sidestep punisher though, Since the person is sidestepping and 66B+K isn't a horizontal. maybe if the opponent does a 22_88 move, 66B+K could be used?

Why are the best of Lizardman's combos all aerial?

What are some good Lizardman strats and moves aganist people on the floor? maybe LC A spam? lol

i use 66B+K by itself in my game pretty regularly. it's safe, it cracks SC in 10, and you can mix it up with 66B+KA to go CH fishing since you can hit the last B on reaction to launch

disclaimer: 66B+KA = not safe (-19)

as for whiff punishing ... no please don't use 66B+K ... 11B and 44B are better and both start combos ... i prefer 44B if I'm playing it safe, it's only -7 or 8 on block, launches for good damage with an option to RO, and does crazy SC damage if you spaz and miss out on the whiff punish and they block ... 11B is faster, TC, and launches for better damage and backwords RO option, but is unsafe so be on-point

Back