Lizardmen - where are you?!

I intend to play Lizardman seriously, possibly as second-main, depending on how things go with my two other character interests after Raphy there.
Getting into Toronto scene, so... I won't just vanish.

Although Siegfried is my main, Lizardman is my secondary character. I'm relatively decent with him and used him for most of the Otakon 2010 Soul Calibur tournament getting up to the semifinals were KDzaster owned me with tah Hilde. BUT even though Lizardman besides Crawling stance is relatively simple character I play him because no one really plays Lizardman, therfore people aren't really well versed against him. Not saying that there isn't a group of people who aren't well versed because I'm sure all of the vets are.

I play a pretty scrubby Lizardman. Since it's online, I have to refrain from using 1K lest I be thrown to the hounds! so my basic strategy is to space with 66A and 6B and then you 3B for MAXIMUM DAMAGE!!!!

There are tons of Lizardman players out there, but his forum is usually dead as a result of the simplicity of the character. What you see is pretty much what you get with him (really strong basics). I haven't noticed many Liz players having a compelling reason to go beyond that.

There are tons of Lizardman players out there, but his forum is usually dead as a result of the simplicity of the character. What you see is pretty much what you get with him (really strong basics). I haven't noticed many Liz players having a compelling reason to go beyond that.

But that makes it all the more interesting. The character has strong basics. If that is to say other characters have hooks or tricks, Lizard boards in turn should be able to produce the science of what basics, alone, mean in this game. What do you really do with them. What do you 'add' beyond that when you put something else there (as in another character - say, Mitsu's stance shifting)? What sort of loss do you take when you have a gimped move set?

If Aeon is basics + liz crawl (and liz crawl isn't a big thing), then to analyze this character at its height is - well, (A), should realistically be completable*, and also (B) - to come up with deep statements about this system, SC4, itself.

*By (A), I mean... Lizardman is simple and the boards are dead, but is everything to be said really up here? Do you have a science that gives everything a player needs, other than the practice and experience, on this board?

The question isn't a judgment of the presence or absence of that; I mean just to say, that this soul arena, if Lizzy is really like that, has the unique opportunity of actually covering everything and refining it utterly. That excites me.

I have that, and an actual like of the character. Personality-wise. So you know I'm hooked.

Hey, I'm all for discussion. Obviously not every micro-detail of Lizardman has been covered, but I believe most of the main avenues have been exhausted, as well as discussion of the SC4 engine overall.

But if you've got something specific you'd like to touch on, then by all means, fire up one of these threads:

LM Mixups/Strategies
LM To His Fullest

Or make your own, of course.

I'm pratice with Lizardman, I find some good way to shake opponent defence (Online but anyway...) like 3A who punish well on block. ^^

He's my second main and my gamer picture. I'm nuts for reptiles (I even own 3), so even if I want his style to be almost anything else I still use him well.

Back