Lol ranked....

I lost all my Ranked Matches so far. Being Viola is hard qq.
I've impressed some people with my flashy combos though, so that's a plus...I think.

Yeah... I think the only "trouble" I've had with Viola is the matches being drawn out. Lost by a time over once too...

Viola is sooooo much fun. Her damage output just, takes so much effort... OTL
Her lengthy combos are pretty darn sensitive to lag as well, which isn't that rare in my case.

Overall I enjoy Colosseo better than Ranked. I wish you could take replays from there, seeing as all my good matches have been in the Colosseo.

Almost half of my ranked matches are people disconnecting right before they lose.
Other then that it is all Sieg's and Mitsu's for me.

ranked is the best.

Ive had like 6 rage quits....

one person called me a cheating ass nigger as if I was using game shark
I don't know if those were ragequits. I've been in a lot of matches that ended early because of dropping connections; in Ranked and Player. It might be just poor connections instead of someone actually disconnecting. There doesn't seem to be a "Network Error Detected" message online for some reason; "Connection with Player has been lost" is all that appears now.

I actually like ranked a lot on this one, I never really have connection issues. Mitsu did annoy me the first couple of times I faced him but now unless I fight a half decent one I more or less always win. That said, one thing I don't like is I am always getting put up against really bad players so my win/lose ratio makes me look pro even though I am barely mediocre.

I lost all my Ranked Matches so far. Being Viola is hard qq.
I've impressed some people with my flashy combos though, so that's a plus...I think.
I've been thinking about giving her a serious try in the next day or two. I don't know if she has what it takes to be really competitive, but she still looks like a lot of fun.

I'm primarily playing ranked online, not so much because I care about my rank, but rather because you're always facing new opponents. There has only been a handful of rage quits so far, either at or just before the end of the match. The majority of the disconnects seem to be out of the blue while we're constantly trading hits back and forth. There have been a few GG messages, but to my surprise not a single rage message yet.

Ranked would be better if it was 2/3 games. Single game in a super high damage game does nothing to prove who the better player is. It minimizes reads and player adjustment and raises gimmick strength. It does provide for some hilarious hatemail though.

Long story short: Your rank doesn't mean shit.

Ranked would be better if it was 2/3 games. Single game in a super high damage game does nothing to prove who the better player is. It minimizes reads and player adjustment and raises gimmick strength. It does provide for some hilarious hatemail though.

Long story short: Your rank doesn't mean shit.

Mmm it depends how much you play ranked, if you play enough you encounter the same players quite often so you can still adjust to gimmicks.

Thing is you could say the same for player matches, my play style in player matches is completely different as i'll use my unsafe moves more often to make it a little more entertaining. In ranked i'll often play on safe moves more for the advantage and may ease up and try other moves if i feel comfortable.

Mmm it depends how much you play ranked, if you play enough you encounter the same players quite often so you can still adjust to gimmicks.

Thing is you could say the same for player matches, my play style in player matches is completely different as i'll use my unsafe moves more often to make it a little more entertaining. In ranked i'll often play on safe moves more for the advantage and may ease up and try other moves if i feel comfortable.

The ranking SYSTEM doesn't adjust to gimmicks, thats the flaw in the system. I've raped B rank players because of just some good guesses and being Astaroth, consequently, I've lost to players, then in player match beat them in FT5's 5-1, etc.

The purpose of tournament sets is to encourage superior player skills- playing haphazard single games like ranked proves pretty much nothing because the flow of the mindgames is broken up from game to game because they aren't forced sets.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is ranked is always a fraudulent way of showing who the better player actually is, because of the conditions of a ranked match.

The ranking SYSTEM doesn't adjust to gimmicks, thats the flaw in the system. I've raped B rank players because of just some good guesses and being Astaroth, consequently, I've lost to players, then in player match beat them in FT5's 5-1, etc.

The purpose of tournament sets is to encourage superior player skills- playing haphazard single games like ranked proves pretty much nothing because the flow of the mindgames is broken up from game to game because they aren't forced sets.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is ranked is always a fraudulent way of showing who the better player actually is, because of the conditions of a ranked match.

I see what you're saying, with fixed sets of 3 as an example you get the chance to adjust and I guess thats the best quality of a top player. Being able to adapt your game to your opponent if losing but also staying one step ahead to your opponent adapting to your style.

I don't dismiss a ranked player until i've at least played them, then I can usually tell if they are any good. I can already pick out 3-4 players in the top 10 europe rankings that rely on gimmicks.

Mitsu has been the majority that I've played in ranked, but it's not far from the other styles. I've yet to have a problem with ranked, it's been alot of fun. I have yet to get a rage quit, just wow's and omg your Natsu.

I do think ranked should be revamped as well.

I seem to have my best games in 20 match "deathmatch" sets. (Though recently it's been happening by accident via invites to private player match rooms...)

It's more fun, too... am I gonna A throw, or B throw? I just aGI'd you last time, are you gonna do that again? Wait, now you're spacing me out? Come back here!

Just one match is like... What is that? Gimmick city, that's what.

People twitch duck so much because of playing too much Ranked, I swear to god.

I went and ranked up to C4 so that I could make explosive puns.

I think I am done with that mode forever. What a pain.

Actually the most hilarious experience I had was in a player match room. I went into some random room and joined a match. The host set it to a single round game. I beat him easily, then he removed me from the room.

I like ranked very much, the only things I don't accept are people declining the match before it starts (and this happens so much that I am starting to think some players take notes about my rank, nationality and title to decline me, really), and that if they quit I don't get the win.
I also don't know how am I supposed to level up to from C1 to B5 if I never find someone who is C1 or higher and he accepts me...today I waited 20 minutes only to be declined 3 times by some B players.

EDIT: my bad, I didn't know I can fight any C player and to level up lol... :/

I don't know if it's just a bad match-up for Asta or I'm just bad against her in general but I played against two Tira players and they wrecked me way I saw it. I remember their names. I think they were ChronoCross899 from Canada and ParaBoss, both on PSN. Look these guys up. Some solid play although Chrono talks sh*t while playing on his mic, complaining when he's losing. I think they were C-ranked players.

I see a lot of Mitsus and Pyrrahs, personally... Some Natsu's but a good Natsu, even an intermediate one, is trouble for me and that also goes for Maxi.

Natsu, Mitsurugi and Siegfried are, far and away, the characters I see the most online in general, let alone ranked. I get to see a huge range of skill levels with those three, and win/lose to them at any level of [non]scrubiness. Of those with a decent win record, I see a fair amount of Ezio and Pyrrha as well. Higher ranked Pyrrhas especially seem to snatch victories from me a lot. I may have to take her to the lab and better familiarise myself with her moveset to help me with that matchup.

Also, its hardly a brag, but I hit C3 yesterday. No harm in progressing.

I want to become Rank A1 so people will think I am as good as the steak sauce is delicious. Right now I'm Rank B5. So far I haven't gotten much hatemail, which is surprising as I play Siegfried. I'm amazed at how braindead I can play, though - the majority of my victories came from spamming 3(B) ~ SCH B. People will eat that shit all day regardless of rank, and it cements the idea that your rank is nothing but an indication of how delicious you are.

Back