Looking for help with Taki

A:6 to Punish, is its only use....after that, you're risking losing frames going for 35 dmg = 13%....

Taki Tech Traps are NOTHING like they used to be...but here is a short list of traps I use....

33K - The window is weird on this one, you kind of have to delay, but you can land 33B, or stuff like that..

CH A6 - Part of her PO K mixup is hitting a Mid mix-up, since they may think you're going to throw or do bombs. For those who Shake n duck,A6 is good for that. If they didnt Shake, CH A6 leads to a bomb tech trap.

CH 22K~WR - IF you land the 22K off axis, WR BKB will be gauranteed. The Same would apply if you land CH3KK of axis, WR BKB will pick them up.

22B - Not a Tech trap, fc1A+B combos, or you can AB PO mixup, instead of going for the A:6 combo

A:6 can be used for more than just punishing, it also leads to alot more damage after a 22~88B that A6 is too slow to connect. It can lead to possible ring outs with 4 A+B B, A+B, and 22~88B that normal A6 Cannot do. Also if you're risky like me, A:6 into last frame wind roll BKB is excellent TT tool, but is not to be spammed as it catches on pretty quick. I don't recommend this against Soph/Cass players as they can punish this fairly easy. Players like Asta are pretty limited to do some of their more unsafe move and question the idea because Taki can usually punish them if she is on block (Asta's 66K for example can be punished by Taki's A:6)

Stun Conunter hit A6 leads to 6A+B TT only I believe, cause there is no such thing as an A+B tech trap on this game, just frame advantage bombs. But even then I believe they get enough frames to just jump on a Stun CH A6. I'll have to test again to be sure but iirc there isn't any A+B TT's on this game, just frame advantaged bombs (I think there's one 6 A+B B tech trap on the game but not single A+B).

@ Tha_Shogun:
CH A6 - Part of her PO K mixup is hitting a Mid mix-up, since they may think you're going to throw or do bombs. For those who Shake n duck,A6 is good for that. If they didnt Shake, CH A6 leads to a bomb tech trap.

This^^, the Tech Trap DINO posted works really good but you need the shakable stun counter hit from PO K.
In that Bomb tech trap(PO K, A6, A+B) the Bomb tracks all tech directions(tested on yoshi, ivy, Amy and sophi)
6A+B doesn't.
But keep in mind that when they tech wrong for you (to Taki's right), weird launch from off axis Bomb can make usual bomb followups (air grab/A6) whiff.
Try 33B instead.

@DINO:
22B - Not a Tech trap, fc1A+B combos, or you can AB PO mixup, instead of going for the A:6 combo

I know a Trap for 22B
HO B FC 2A+KK FC 1A+B, 22B

22B launch results may vary depending on character and maybe teching. Fuzzy A:6 hit is good for RO.
Some characters can Tech 22B to one side, some not at all.
Opponent staying down leaves you a bit unsafe (Amy WS B eew)

Does it have to be 22B and not 88B?
I abuse 88B alot, but got punished by good players. 88/22B is heaven on hit, but very unsafe if blocked.

Don't forget the shuriken trap. It's really good for landing one more attack. If you wanna play fun with new players, drop some shuriken after 88B it will stun them on ground; then you do your way.

22B means 22_88B

FC 1A+B (the shurikens/caltrops) is good for some guaranteed 1A techtraps but it's very situational what you can do after ground stunning your opponent. Depending on the move that grounded the opponent in the first place.

And what most people don't know FC 1A+B is quite unsafe (Taki A6 unsafe) but somehow noone ever punishes it. I guess because it's looks safe and has a short duration i.e. is hard to react to.

Tha_Shogun, proof from real battles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMB42fgU6c4&feature=channel_video_title

Here's alittle bit of proof. During double bomb if you A:6 you can get an automatic ring out. I did a little bit to early so he could've attempted an Air Control to try and not get ringed out, but it's pretty hard too. Other than that, if you do it while they hit the ground they can't shake and it's garunteed RO. I was gonna show this in my Taki Tutorial, but I guess this came first......

It happens at the end of the fight.

lol, Shogun, you did A:6 after bombs(it's realy hard), but you didn't punish Mitsu 3B with it, something is wrong here)

Lol, yea cause of the distance, you have to be fairly close for every hit of A:6 to connect. I just wasn't risking it in situations like that. I thought about it, but I didn't. Since I know you can't AC out of double bomb I know that it can connect with no attempt of missing any hits unless I attack to early. In that case of the video I did do it a little to early but I dunno if he could've Air Controlled out of it anyways.

THere are angles of A:6 where you can't AC out of it and you will RO, but the bomb kinda connected in an angle so there was a small chance that he could've possible AC'd away from screen, but I dunno, I didn't see it.

Hawkeye is the bestest Taki ever; I will get him to tell you all how to get on his level.

heard a lot about Hawkeye) can anybody give some links from the last tournaments with him?

Rufus, Im going to Dev... FSAK was my first ever tourny.. i did ok..
Im a decent Taki player.. BUT IMA SHOW MY ASS @ DEV. TAKI FTW.

To learn A:6
Go into training mode against Nightmare. Set him to guard all. Turn the volume up (enough that the sound effects 'stand out' for you).
I honestly don't know whether the :6: is frame 9 or frame 10. But do it once, and associate the timing with the sound of Nightmare's guard ping sound effect. Do it seven or eight times in a row. Then turn the volume down and repeat until you can do it with no sound.

Nightmare's ping worked for me. The characters have slightly different block sounds - one may be more 'stimulating' for you. When you do A:6, you'll hear three of them quickly. I thought of my :6: input as 'causing that sound effect'. Good luck.

Back