Looking for New RPGs to Play!

LP

Premium Member
Really feel like playing a new RPG! Something with compelling characters or a nice story. I really want something that'll bring me to tears! I usually go out and buy games at random and never end up playing them, but, especially with school around the corner, I'm in an RPG type of mood! Help me!

Valkyria Chronicles is a must play.

Resonance of Fate is also really good, although the learning curve for that game is pretty steep.

Nier is also pretty good and will probably make you cry like a bitch. Game is VERY depressing but the story is really good and tragic. Have to play through the game at least twice to get the full enjoyment from the story.

Valkyria Chronicles is a must play.

Resonance of Fate is also really good, although the learning curve for that game is pretty steep.

Nier is also pretty good and will probably make you cry like a bitch. Game is VERY depressing but the story is really good and tragic. Have to play through the game at least twice to get the full enjoyment from the story.
I heard people were bashing Neir like crazy. RoF seems solid. And we all know VC is a must play. I suggest play VC1. Avoid VC2 at all cost. the improve gameplay isn't enough for possible one of the worst and laziest storyline known to man.

Mass Effect 1 & 2. Great Story. Great Characters. Great Gameplay. Great Game. Some of the best games out to date.

Not any really great RPGs on the next gen systems yet. If you got a PS3 I recommend Drake's Uncharted 2. The story is filled with twists and turns you never see coming. Graphics are also amazing.

They stopped making good rpgs in general a while ago. Now they place too much emphasis on graphics and creating awful battle systems for the sake of being "new." Play some classic ones like Star Ocean: The Second Story, Dragon Warrior 3, or Vagrant Story.

Ps2
Shadowhearts covenant
Tales of the abyss
Final fantasy xii

Resonance of fate
Tales of vesperia
Eternal sonata

Srry don't know of ps3, don't own one

Huh forget that shit and go buy Demon's Souls.
You will die. But you will live. Then you will struggle. Struggle against evil. There will be no end to your despair. Day and Night. You will be haunted. You will be cornered. Surrounded. Alone and against all odds. You will fight. And forge ahead. Against the unyielding foes. The grotesque, the giants, the dragons, and dead men. You will love. The Maiden in Black. For she's your only hope. And you will die. To Live is to inevitably die. And you will die...again and again. But eventually you will conquer, and obtain the Demon's Souls...you will save the world.

Really feel like playing a new RPG! Something with compelling characters or a nice story. I really want something that'll bring me to tears! I usually go out and buy games at random and never end up playing them, but, especially with school around the corner, I'm in an RPG type of mood! Help me!
Typical RPGs consume a lot of your time. I never finished Oblivion and probably won't buy Skyrim for the same reason.
If you want something challenging and addicting that will put your SC skills to the test, with some of the best combat an RPG can have. Also with really good pacing, that compels you to the play the game, without it become tedious and a chore.

I am assuming you play station 3, so Demon's Souls is where you want to be.

If you want an RPG that plays like a game: Any RPG made before 2000 is a good place to begin.

If you want an RPG that plays like a complicated math problem 2000-now in jrpgs is about where you want to be.

If you want a game that plays itself, 2008+ is the place to be in some jrpg series.

If you want an rpg with strong characterization, stay away from Square/Enix after about 2000. Also stay away from any rpg with a nonsensical smattering of english words that the japanese think sound cool. Does the box art have characters with insane amounts of big eyes/small mouth syndrome? Stay away.

I don't give specific examples, because taste is highly subjective.

-Idle

Grandia 2 was a great game. Granted it was on the dream cast XD but if you have access to one that is probably one of my favorite games of all time.

believe it or not eternal sonata was pretty engaging also.

there is always skyrim thats coming out in November.

Have you tried Dynasty Warriors 7? It's not an RPG as such; but it is rather enjoyable.

I heard people were bashing Neir like crazy. RoF seems solid. And we all know VC is a must play. I suggest play VC1. Avoid VC2 at all cost. the improve gameplay isn't enough for possible one of the worst and laziest storyline known to man.

...CY, you just suggested Hyperdimension Neptune and Trinity Universe yet you comment about Nier getting "bashed like crazy"? Are you unaware that Hyperdimension Neptune and Trinity Universe have nothing appealing unless you're a typical weeaboo moron.

Story? Trash
Gameplay? Trash
Characters? Trash
Music? Trash
Graphics? Trash

Nier was FAR from perfect, that's easy to admit. However, it's great story-telling, characters, and music makes it rather easy to forgive it's few shortcomings in terms of gameplay (in the fact that the game overall was way too easy).

Resonance of Fate is a total go for me.

Star Ocean too, any of them. (Preferably, the Last Hope, since Arumat is there~)

but if you're just dicking with us right now, I'd say pick up that Final Fantasy VII in your lap and continue playing with it

(jk lol)

Back