Lost Swords

2- LOL, do you really believe that?
Even if was the case, this will just double bad. They bet on the wrong side and the result is anyway pathetic and by far the worse thing that ever SC ever got
Instead waste money for this shit, they had the chance to bet on true SC players and do suppa DLC with veterans for SCV... but no, better bet on retards, because -point 3-
There's no chance they would have made DLC for for SC5. It's quite simply too old. The only times you see DLC for games older than a year are games which are ridiculously successful, and even then it's pretty rare.

As I see it, Lost Swords is just part of Namco's overall free to play experiment. It's in the same bowl as Tekken Revolution and the free to play Ace Combat game.

3- ...because as Hoshino said "SC players are different from TK players, and they like eat this kind of horrible shit :)"
Now, probably the words were not these, but the meaning was that
I don't want even consider Lost Shits the future of SC, but as one that was hoping to see Hoshino "save SC"... well, is not exactly the best start
Lost Shit will pass and a new SC will arrive, but if that is theyr vision of SC players (not LS players, SC players) don't be surprised to see the brand get fucked by Namco again and again
It could just be nonsensical PR speak. Looking at his comic con appearance, it's pretty obvious Hoshino has had extensive PR training. It was a lot easier to tell what Daishi's opinion was as he spoke on his own accord a lot, but the only times we've seen Hoshino speak, he's just been a PR machine. I'll be shocked if the next proper SC games ends up having no or superficial versus and online play.

Yeah, now this is where I lay my 2 cents, yes, its already getting off-topic, you guys aren't even posting any beneficial info about the game itself or any more impressions on it, all this is just complaining and talking about other peoples business which is not necessary, and since I'm being OT on this matter, already tried it, fair enough f2p game within its style, but the execution is bland overall with its stupid AP (time) system and its notorious difficulty and grinding for better gear. So yeah, I just played it for the fun of it (and trophies too), after that's all done, I was done with it. And if anything, I'll just wait for the English release of it, if that ever happens anytime soon.

TL;DR: Stop complaining guys! / LS is good in certain ways, bad in other certain ways too.

i mean. there ain't much to complain about. IT'S FREE TO PLAY. if you don't like it then just don't download. it didn't take your money or anything.

i mean. there ain't much to complain about. IT'S FREE TO PLAY. if you don't like it then just don't download. it didn't take your money or anything.

Fair enough, though the complaining on LS is more of a symptom of disappointment with PS. After SCV, we were hoping that PS would learn from their mistakes with that game in future projects. In fact, the internal reorganization of producers and directors seemed like a hope spot. But now that Lost Swords has failed to deliver, some of our hopes for the series are a bit more jaded.

In fact, LS doesn't even have a story mode when the story is actually one of the main draws of the series! (I know it's a fighting game and normally some would be right to say that story doesn't matter in a fighting game. But there's always an exception to the norm as both Mortal Kombat and the Soul series have demonstrated.)

How hard would that had been? You don't even need cutscenes, just do it arcade style and have some character ending after it's done.

As I said before though, it's not as though LS completely sucked as it did some good stuff (Sophitia's back, Guard Impact is no longer useless and needlessly complicated) that some like me hope will stick around in future projects.

It's just going to take more than a FTP game to put the series back on it's stride.

gatsu had it right when he said that the only thing that will get this series on its feet is proper attention from Namco. They are too in love with their tekken series that they are ignoring SC's potential and how well it's actually doing. i think someone needs to go up to Japan, go to their office, and slap them while taking off those blinders that horses normally wear. then maybe they will see.

This game is just a free weapon master mode (that people have always asked for) mixed with create a soul. If you liked weapon master mode, then you should enjoy lost swords. That or you can say it has failed to deliver without the English version being released yet.

Fair enough, though the complaining on LS is more of a symptom of disappointment with PS. After SCV, we were hoping that PS would learn from their mistakes with that game in future projects. In fact, the internal reorganization of producers and directors seemed like a hope spot. But now that Lost Swords has failed to deliver, some of our hopes for the series are a bit more jaded.

In fact, LS doesn't even have a story mode when the story is actually one of the main draws of the series! (I know it's a fighting game and normally some would be right to say that story doesn't matter in a fighting game. But there's always an exception to the norm as both Mortal Kombat and the Soul series have demonstrated.)

How hard would that had been? You don't even need cutscenes, just do it arcade style and have some character ending after it's done.

As I said before though, it's not as though LS completely sucked as it did some good stuff (Sophitia's back, Guard Impact is no longer useless and needlessly complicated) that some like me hope will stick around in future projects.

It's just going to take more than a FTP game to put the series back on it's stride.
But it's free lol why would they include a story? And there is some text before you start the mission but I've no clue what it says.

Actually, it's helping SCVI. Why would they make a F2P? Because they need funds to create new things/other F2Ps have been successful. LS is giving them some money already from JP I'm sure.
thank you!
Uh, theres a lot to complain about when this is getting in the way of SCVI....
and what good is complaining anyway? it's gonna happen the way PS wants it to happen anyway. that's like you shouting at that horror movie for the guy not to walk into the house. he's gonna do it no matter how much you scream your head off. the directors already have it scripted. PS already will do what they planned to do. if you are a SC fan you mind as well support it. either that or just don't pay any attention. either way you should accept it and not complain. i get voicing things you don't agree with or voicing an opinion but outright saying PS should or should not do this, isn't helping.

thank you!

and what good is complaining anyway? it's gonna happen the way PS wants it to happen anyway. that's like you shouting at that horror movie for the guy not to walk into the house. he's gonna do it no matter how much you scream your head off. the directors already have it scripted. PS already will do what they planned to do. if you are a SC fan you mind as well support it. either that or just don't pay any attention. either way you should accept it and not complain. i get voicing things you don't agree with or voicing an opinion but outright saying PS should or should not do this, isn't helping.
What? No, complaining is GOOD when you are supporting a product. How are they supposed to know that the fans will not accept trash unless we speak about it and make our thoughts heard? I dont know about you but if im a fan of what a company does, and they mess it up, I refuse to just lay down and accept anything similar to this. I will let them know. They do check these forums from what ive heard.

What? No, complaining is GOOD when you are supporting a product. How are they supposed to know that the fans will not accept trash unless we speak about it and make our thoughts heard? I dont know about you but if im a fan of what a company does, and they mess it up, I refuse to just lay down and accept anything similar to this. I will let them know. They do check these forums from what ive heard.
THIS

Also i don't get the sheep fan mentality of say nice things or be quiet and shut up

I'm fan of SC? Fuck yeah
I'm fan of peoples-that-currently-do-SC and will blind support them no matter what shit they do? Lol, no

THIS

Also i don't get the sheep fan mentality of say nice things or be quiet and shut up

I'm fan of SC? Fuck yeah
I'm fan of peoples-that-currently-do-SC and will blind support them no matter what shit they do? Lol, no
Exactly, look at the Xbox One for example. Their original plan when it was announced was terrible, but then people complained and what did they do? They took everything right back and now people have what they want

1- There's no chance they would have made DLC for for SC5. It's quite simply too old. The only times you see DLC for games older than a year are games which are ridiculously successful, and even then it's pretty rare.

2- As I see it, Lost Swords is just part of Namco's overall free to play experiment. It's in the same bowl as Tekken Revolution and the free to play Ace Combat game.

3- It could just be nonsensical PR speak. Looking at his comic con appearance, it's pretty obvious Hoshino has had extensive PR training. It was a lot easier to tell what Daishi's opinion was as he spoke on his own accord a lot, but the only times we've seen Hoshino speak, he's just been a PR machine. I'll be shocked if the next proper SC games ends up having no or superficial versus and online play.

1- Is too old NOW. It was'nt too old back then
SCV sold well, a huge DLC with new characters 3-4 months later was probably decent money for them, and good for SC.
Problem is Namco don't give too much fuck about what is good for SC, and in comparision with Harada not even Daishi seem care too much.

2- Too bad TK Revolution is a total different concept. TKrev is made to attract casual to TK. Is about gain new players.
SC is a bullshit made to give casual a distort perception of what SC is. Is about douchebag's money.
Wich is more or less what Hoshino explained: TK players are FG gamers, SC players are wierdos.
"F2p" is just the brown color, but one group get chocolate the other get shit

3- I'm used to PR speaking. Problem is PR speaking is not by default "nonsensical".
Sometime it is, sometime is about lies, sometime is about find a nice way to tell a shit ugly truth.
Hoshino's explanation of because we don't get a SCrev sound legit, because it fit with actual facts (Lost Shits kind of product)
It was a nice way to explain how Namco see SC as brand, SC community, and on what kind of consumer is better bet

I was hoping that Hoshino was going to be "our Harada", if all his attitude will be about explain why shit is shit defending Namco's perspective instead try fix it, SC is more fucked than ever

To recover prestige SC need a strong director willing to defend his product, respect SC brand, bet on fight game players
Dashi covered just the last point
Hoshino start his journey giving us the worst thing SC brand ever seen and explain us that is what we SC fans want. PR speak or not, sorry if i can't be optimistic with that premise

Hoshino posted this picture 2 days ago. It's the SCV collector's edition bonus. Ivy and Sophitia's faces look really beautiful in this pic imo.
1393634308898.jpg

@Norik that's what I meant.

Last edited:
Back