Lost Swords

^wat

Collector's Edition was a special version of SCV released on day one that sold out pretty quickly. The armor was exclusive to that version of the game. What ninjaguy showed is a promo of the same armor being added to Lost Swords.

Until they remember what Soul Calibur really is about, the ditch is just gonna get deeper. But at least we're not at Final Fantasy XIII lows...yet...

FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns are the best game of all history, way better than other FFs or any videogame, no doubt of that, so I don´t see the point in what you´re saying.

Lightning was done to fit also in SC, she must not be another guest character, she must be a regular character from now on.

FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns are the best game of all history, way better than other FFs or any videogame, no doubt of that, so I don´t see the point in what you´re saying.

Lightning was done to fit also in SC, she must not be another guest character, she must be a regular character from now on.

Whatever, I'm not gonna stop you from liking the games, but history will and already has spoken for itself.

Here's a question for Lost Swords, why did it have four trailers for characters that aren't even in the game yet? I've yet to see a gameplay video featuring Pyrrha, Ivy or Nightmare and it just screams of false advertisement. I thought PS had learned its lesson about false advertisment.

Whatever, I'm not gonna stop you from liking the games, but history will and already has spoken for itself.

Here's a question for Lost Swords, why did it have four trailers for characters that aren't even in the game yet? I've yet to see a gameplay video featuring Pyrrha, Ivy or Nightmare and it just screams of false advertisement. I thought PS had learned its lesson about false advertisment.

Maybe you have to unlock them...

^wat

Collector's Edition was a special version of SCV released on day one that sold out pretty quickly. The armor was exclusive to that version of the game.

Sold out? GameStop still has them in their stores. I picked one up for PS3 last June(a year and a half after release day), and the unlock code for the armor still worked. They want you to call the actual store before you pick it up, but they're still there. And if they have them in stores around a place as populated as Atlanta there's probably plenty to go around.

Ivy is released. You just have to unlock them when they come out, just like Tekken Revolution.

So I dug up Hoshino's quote a couple of days ago; this was at

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-tekken-fans-s-why-lost-swords-single-player/

though pretty much the same quote was spread around a lot of news sites , so this must be the "official" version. Since this is a translation, I can grant that some of the nuances are altered, though it is PR-speak, so it's no doubt Namco-approved (spoilered for length):

"This was done intentionally because as we said people do enjoy fighting other people, but one thing we noticed with the Soul Calibur fanbase is that a lot of people really enjoyed the game for its story, setting and atmosphere," Hoshino said. "They didn't like playing against other people - when you lose it's not exactly a great feeling. So we decided to tailor something to this player base."

"This might seem unusual, but we've done a lot of research and noticed the Soul Calibur group was different to Tekken. That group like fighting against each other, whereas Soul Calibur fans really want to look at the characters and enjoy the atmosphere, and we had an overwhelming response in that direction, so that's why we chose that."

How can you not feel dissed?

So we like to look at the characters, and this is what they come up with???????

If I want to fight against stupid looking creations, that's what CAS-only rooms are for, and I already have that.

No, it's been too long since SCV was released and I don't think most people even want an updated version of a disappointing game.

I'll have to agree and disagree with this...agree because yes, it probably has been too long, but completely disagree that "most people" don't want an updated version.

The reason the game was disappointing was that it was rushed/incomplete......possibly the best SC ever in so many ways. If there was ever a game that deserved an expansion, it's this one.

I'm curious to know where they get their facts from, but ok.

I don't know either, and I'm suspicious of this "market research"....maybe this is the perception of the game in Japan? I would definitely believe that they would give priority to the Japanese market, but........

I couldn't find sales figures I would consider reliable that break down sales between JPN, the EU and US, though it would seem that EU and US sales were much stronger than in Japan. Is LS what Japanese SC players want, and the rest of us can suck it?

The overuse of the bright color effects, the marketing materials (sure, only released in Japan so far so I guess you can't find that much fault)....looks very much geared to a Japanese audience.

Last edited:
No, it's been too long since SCV was released and I don't think most people even want an updated version of a disappointing game.
If you found the game disappointing, it's because it was rushed. Point the blame at the developers, not at the game. The game didn't create itself. Anyway, there are 4 Street fighter games and like 2 or 3 versions of dead or alive 5 floating around. A super soulcalibur game isn't a bad thing. I'd rather have that then just straight up wait an eternity for 6.

P.S. That PR quote is old news, most people know (or should know) that already.

"Y'all shouldn't blame the casuals for this."
"Why does everyone say LS is the casuals fault?"

Under the same train of thought that says, "Casuals aren't real gamers and don't matter" or some crap like that.

In fact, what generally makes someone a casual or a hardcore gamer? My little bit of research led me to believe that there were at least 8 different types of player methods and mindsets. But I guess reducing everything to 2 types makes things easy right?

Back