[MATCH-UP] Ivy

kPc

[09] Warrior
I remember in 4 we had a sieg vs thread to help out with match ups. We have extremely knowledgeable Siegfried players in here and I think this will help out a lot, so I'll start with this bitch.
Now I don't see a lot of ivy players nowadays and if you let her do whatever the hell she wants, she gets away with murder and now have a sad face. Sure to sieg's long range and decent speed 3B, sieg narrows down her move set quite a bit.

Ivy's move/sieg's punish
6[A] - 3B
66A- safe
66[A]- B6 but I highly recommend you SBH the second A
22_88B delay BBB (no jf)- WS B
Fc 1B- safe
6B8K- safe but you can 8B the K. Do not jg the K cuz even then she can block the ws B
8B- 6A, really fast input, realistically its a K but this is if the ivy player didn't jump back.
8A+B B or - 3B our for the second one forward then 3B
44[A]- 3B
3B- safe
bK- ws K
1K- ws B

Overall you want to stay in mid range against and nothing more. She likes to be at range and had no problem up close, keep her at mid and bait her to do an unsafe move. Just keep in mind a smart ivy can still give us a fucked up time so play your game, play solid

Solid stuff; a note on 22_88B and either the regular or the JF follow up can be stepped between the initial 22_88B and start of the whips to Sieg's Right, make sure to take a bit of a step and punish with 22BB/22BB4 SCH B/ 22BB4 SCHkA+B+K. If you just buffer Sieg's 22_88BB you can be caught out of step.

I find SBH works wonders in this match up, I'm not familiar with Ivy notation but she has a number of telegraphed horizontals (My guess says 3[A]) that can be baited with SBH for free SBH B launcher goodness. Ivy's 66[A] also looks different from 66A, during the first hit of 66[A] her weapon will plainly go into whip animation, indicating you should hit B+K and netting you a wonderful SBH aGI.

Yea I noted above that you should B+K the second A in 66[A], as for 3[A], if you can bait it, then def get sbh, if not then just block and 3B

WS A+BA / 3B the 3rd hit -- this move of Ivy comes in either 1 hit or 3 hits. So after blocking the 2nd hit, you can simply 3B to TC. Funny!

Back