Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Aeon

Alrighty.

I have two matchups I need help with.

The first is Aeon. I know he out spaces us, out damages us, and has spectacular step kill. What are some do's and don'ts against this guy? Are there any particular weaknesses to exploit?

Second up is Astaroth. I feel like I get owned by any Astaroth that's defensive and smart enough to know that if he's patient and waits, he can guess right once and outpace my damage even if I guessed right 3 times before he was right.

How do I up the damage against him? How do I deal with 4B shenanigans?

Asking about that here kinda make all these matchup threads useless, really. Not saying it's a bad thing.

Fair enough. I just was hoping for a quicker response by asking here - I have a matchup against an Aeon player on Friday.

Fair enough. I just was hoping for a quicker response by asking here - I have a matchup against an Aeon player on Friday.

I'd just say know your punishes. Know which moves transition into SW (flying stance). You can step the dive and 3B him for a combo everytime with some practice. There's really no need to duck vs him either, but if you do block a low, I think most are FC 3B punishable. 6KK at the worst.

I'm not sure if his WS game is very strong at all. If it's not, feel free to abuse 6B+K if you don't know what else to use. That's all I got.

I'd just say know your punishes. Know which moves transition into SW (flying stance). You can step the dive and 3B him for a combo everytime with some practice. There's really no need to duck vs him either, but if you do block a low, I think most are FC 3B punishable. 6KK at the worst.

I'm not sure if his WS game is very strong at all. If it's not, feel free to abuse 6B+K if you don't know what else to use. That's all I got.

Thanks to you both.

I notice that many of his strongest mid-range moves are horizontal. I may have to spend some lab time countering them with 4A+B for maximum anti-step-kill.

EDIT: It looks like 4A is quite useful against Aeon after blocking his safe mids. It places Leixia at a desirable distance that gives her lots of options for reverse mixups.

EDIT: It looks like 4A is quite useful against Aeon after blocking his safe mids. It places Leixia at a desirable distance that gives her lots of options for reverse mixups.

So last night I played an extensive set vs Silentwall online. And I have to say this matchup is a lot tougher than I previously thought. It might 6/4 in Aeon's favor, but not really sure. I'll have some videos up shortly.

And 4A is only ok in this match. On an infinite stage forget about it...

SW K and SW BE is step punishable by 2B+K. Depending on the distance you may actually hit Aeon with it instead of getting the quake stun.

2B+K huh. Well I'll have to test that to figure out the distance. I would rather the quake happen than actually hitting him with it.

Yeah he can delay the time spent in air or cancel out of the fire breath to avoid it though. This is the only use I have found for Aeon's BE cancel. If he dives however prepare for a hefty punish.

Even with that though, the main problem I saw with Aeon is his hitbox when he attacks or backdashes. Felt like nothing could hit him at times that would easily hit other characters.

Even with that though, the main problem I saw with Aeon is his hitbox when he attacks or backdashes. Felt like nothing could hit him at times that would easily hit other characters.

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WHEN YOU HAVE A MOVE IN YOUR MOVE LIST CALLED THE 66BB AND IT IS COMPLETELY COUNTER HIT CONFIRMABLE OH MY GOD

This is a joke.

AlphaKEG got the best of me in the online tournent. I actually stomped his Aeon pretty good, but then he switched to Astaroth and I got owned.

I wish they'd increase the hitstun on 3A, 6K, and 66B so the second hits could be confirmed more easily. 6K K is doable, but it's a stretch when you're online with less than a 5-bar.

Back