Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Aeon

You act as if Aeon's 66A is godlike. Just block punish it.

P.S. Aeon hates you.
not sure if you're serious but it's pretty good move. a long ranged horizontal mid that's -12 and pushes out and advantage on hit I thinks. and that's an advancing mid too so you can go in w/ it w/o much worry. it's pretty good. especially against leixia who has a hard enough time getting in imo.

if 66A were 1 frame more unsafe I wouldn't mind so much :(. as it is, nothing she has really punishes it unless I block it point blank range. but then at -13, it wouldn't be as good as it is now.

I think Aeon-Leixia 7-3 or maybe 6-4, because space and Damages.

Leixia have to punish 66A Aeon abusers with CE and I think its difficult with the pressure.

+Aeon's RO game have no sens and put the match up more complicated for Leixia.
Sorry for my english.

Off course but all zonings moves are easy to JG if they are predictably, 66A its an invisible move I think ( I don't know the frame data ).

Not JG on reaction--on prediction. I used to use 66A after 2A on hit a lot because it covers so many options at +8 and it sets up great OS JG opportunities on block, but the people I train against started to JG it and launch me so now I have to mix it up and use it situationally like any other move. Leixia can even get creative and 4A+B it if she reads it.

I'm agree with you two, Slade, ok that's a really good option select if you don't want to let an easy priority to Aeon after is 2A.
Personally I prefer just block but I understand this choice.

But the 66A problem for Leixia in this match up is not a force block for Aeon, the problem is spacing.
Leixia havn't got a longue range and she have to be at close range espécially against the lizard because the backdash mind game is in Aeon favor with the reward ( 3B or 1B BE ).

+ Aeon's 66A and 4B+K give him a real control of the map, he can choose / control the placement.
When you have a good char like patroklos or Cervantes for exemple you can " compense" that with other think ( damage/punish ect...) but in this match up Leixia have nothing to compense that.

Auto Gi with 4A+B is an option select, it work in spacing but its luck if the Aeon know this option.
JG work but its not rentable I think cause if you wait for JG, Aeon can come and grab you easy.

I work on this but I think the best option select you can do is confirme Aeon grab distance and AAB in reaction/mind game when he's comming at this distance.
I try it, sometime its work, sometime I'm not as réactif but with that you can make him to do a delay 66A and not a 66A ( i don't know if I'm clear, sorry for the english ).

Aeon have the match up that sure but I really trust its 7-3 I'd like to have the opinion of the others Leixia's players, if they find solutions...

Aeon have the match up that sure but I really trust its 7-3 I'd like to have the opinion of the others Leixia's players, if they find solutions...

It is surely in Aeon's favor. To me it feels like the Talim/Mina match in SC4, where, as long as you have to get in, the matchup is terribly in Aeon's favor. If you can corner him with not a lot of space behind him, the match is even or possibly in leixia's favor. For no walled/no ring out stage, this matchup really sucks, lol. Aeon's 2A also has good reach.

At the end of the day it's how the Aeon is approaching the matchup that determines how hard it is. 66A has to be predicted. You can easily CE punish it if you predict it, or 4A+B or even use 22B+K if you want. (Not sure if Aeon has problems stepping 66K, I'll have to test that)

Becareful of placing matchups that are 7-3, that means your character is at a severe disadvantage when 6-4 is only slight disadvantage. For the most part im not a skilled aeon or leixia player by far but i know this much that there aren't alot of matchups in this game that are 7-3 if u compare it to sc4, which quite a few of the cast had some really bad ones.

Becareful of placing matchups that are 7-3, that means your character is at a severe disadvantage when 6-4 is only slight disadvantage. For the most part im not a skilled aeon or leixia player by far but i know this much that there aren't alot of matchups in this game that are 7-3 if u compare it to sc4, which quite a few of the cast had some really bad ones.

I agree with this. Leixia is at disadvantage most of the time, but I don't see every matchup as being that badly skewed. There are a few, but it is still a more balanced game than SC4.

Ah maybe we don't play the same game ><'

ZeroEffect, when you fight a real Aeon with a real spacing game you can't predict 66A... Sure the colosseo Aeon or classement Aeon use predictable 66A cause they have a robot timming.

But When your opponent think about "when" use 66A its more difficult.
You can use 4A+B in réaction when you see Aeon run on you but you can't react on his 66A so if you see Aeon run on you and also you use 4A+B, if Aeon not do anything ( the most of the time ) he can backdash your 4A+B and punish you with a 3B or a RO if you are in somes map ( 1B BE ).
Same for 22/88B+K, JG is a good option select, its the better.

So when you fight a good Aeon, its really really difficult to come in close range.
+Broken RO.
+More damage.
+Better grab game.
+Better backdash/frame trap game.

Maybe just a 6-4 but...I don't trust I give my opinion, you will decide.

Ah maybe we don't play the same game ><'

ZeroEffect, when you fight a real Aeon with a real spacing game you can't predict 66A... Sure the colosseo Aeon or classement Aeon use predictable 66A cause they have a robot timming.

Look, I'm ok with you having a different opinion. But saying something like that is basically saying "Zero you only base your experiences on random scrubs" which is a rather large assumption on your part. If we disagree we disagree, but if you're going to ask for Leixia players opinions, why bother if you're going to insult them and their competition?

Maybe we just approach the matchups differently? Maybe you're not as comfortable in certain matchups? or maybe the players you're up against are using stronger play in combination with the bad matchup that makes you see it differently?

Just because I don't play France, doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to simply base everything on some colosseum scrub player. If this is your opinion on this matchup (as well as the Natsu matchup) that Leixia can't really do anything, then nothing anyone else says will change your mind, lol. We agree that's it's in Aeon's favor. Maybe that's as close as you're going to get.

I'm sorry if I hurt you it was not my objectif.

I said that because on my experience I wasn't played a good Aeon since lot lot time and I trusted I knowed this character ( Sorry for the english ><' ).

But if you talk me about a predictably 66A, who can be auto GI with 4A+B I imédiatly think about a robot 66A ect...
So maybe my explain was don't clear ( I don't know how to explain it ) and you trust I'm a show off or something like that but I have a very bad english so I can't do formality.

I don't want to injure you, but some argument like Agi Aeon's 66A or use 44B against Natsu are not really rentable.
Risk/reward is really bad Agi 66A can be ok but 44B against Natsu is just a risk to take 7X damage or more ( 66B/66B BE ) so its why I said did we play the same game?

For Leixia's MU, I know there is not desesperate, we can do something but are you agree with me, Leixia as nothing stronger than Aeon I think in this MU and Aeon have lot of very strong points against leixia.
+ risk/reward is alway in a big disavantage so I don't think its just 6-4.

Its possible to do something but I think Leixia's player have to play better than the Aeon player.

Ok, if that's what you meant then we're cool. Maybe you're right in that 4A+B agi against 66A is not a good solution, but even if you just GI it or JG it works the same. There is a measure of adaptation that needs to happen on both sides. You know the range 66A covers, so you can start to watch for it at the ranges your opponent uses it. That's what I mean by prediction vs reaction. They won't do it every time, but even if you punish it once or twice, you put that possibility in your opponents head to ease up on it.

Even so, it's true that Leixia is not in favor here. But it's not too difficult to ease your way in. The trouble is making the most of the opportunity once you get past his zoning. But yes, you do have to play better than the Aeon. Leixia is better in close than Aeon, in my opinion. But you must be wary of 1B BE. Outside of that, she can still run pressure pretty effectively.

Not agree!! JG in prediction just make Aeon's player to think when he use 66A.
Its not a so bad option because its "safe " but you don't resolve 66A problem.

66A problem is to make Aeon's opponent freeze ( stay in gard ) + when Aeon use 66A there is 2 possibility ;

1. touch in gard at close range, also Leixia can kill all of is option with 66K ( he can just GI/JG or step 66K, maybe 4B+K ).
2. touch in gard at mid range, the more rentable option for Leixia is backdash, stay in gard ( for wiff punish ) or use 66BB as an antibackdash.
That is the problem, when Aeon player use it at this distance is very riskly for Leixia to attack, in this match up, on some maps she can't wiff ( 1B BE ) so there is some situation who Leixia have to backdash when she block a move.
If she do, Aeon continu to space her.
Also she must do dash 2K ( to be safe ) or dash grab or dash delay grab/3B+K to kill fuzzy gard.
If she try to attack in a lot of Aeon's option she will hit in space, in somes maps she can't.

Its a problem for a lot of characters, its an Aeon force!
But the others characters have options/damage to compense that.

Leixia is better than Aeon at close range? I don't understand, they have the same mix up, Leixia have a safe launcher but that enought... she don't have really good low; 11A not invisible, no priority, WSA+B not invisible ( priority ok but when opponent see it its useless, if I remember Aeon punish it with WSB -> 99dmg or something like that I'm not sure, 22K not bad, often hit in space because opponent step ( can be wiff punish with 1B BE ) so he can be used only in spécifique maps at spécifique moment against Aeon ).

leixia's better low stay 2K, she have a good grab range but I don't think its better than Aeon.

Leixia is better than Aeon in frame trap, but Aeon have some easy crush on them ( 1B BE TC, 4B+K, 66A for example ).

Aeon is better in this MU to punish opponent who stay on the ground or roll ( 66B ), Leixia can't really use 33BB because Aeon punish it at all the range ( its not punished at max max range ).

Aeon have a better grab game, more damage and better grab punish ( WSB ).

Also leixia's advantage at close range are ;

-Safe launcher ( FC3B ).
-She can safely kill fuzzy gard ( BB, 3B+K ) and unsafely with 3B for good damage if you have a CE.
-Better frame trap but I dont think its a good idea against the lizard.
-Wall combos, but I'm not sure, I don't really know the lizard's wall game.

All im going to say is...guys 66A is not the end of the world. Most aeon players I played let alone the good ones have NEVER ever beaten me mainly because of 66A....no they beaten me because 1. I got outplayed and 2. They did a good job as an aeon player such as mixing it up with his mid and throws and baiting out whiffs with 3B or controlling spacing with 66A. Just glad his 66A is not on the scale like alpha's 33B lol

I don't know what the matchup is like so im not going to say anything about that. But 6-4 matchups in my book are "Perfectly" playable. It's just a disadvantage you gotta work with.

Back