Maxi Frame Data Research

CH as in counter hit? If so, like 99% of the moves have the same frames on hit and counter.
If you get me the speed of one of each move of the stances ill complete the rest ;p

True that...anyway one can never be too sure.

i15: RO A, LI A
i18: RC A, BL K

Big time update.
Thx mantis2k for the help.

There are some stuff left, like what the frames are if you try to block after a transition etc. Also if you notice anything missing or being fake and gay let me know.

22/88A: i37, -6, 14, stun

66B: i22, -5, kd, kd

How exactly 22A is more unsafe than 66B on block? I mean, when they block 22A, they can't interrupt LI A. But when they block 66B, they easily can interrupt LI A, right? Am I missing something?

How did you test the speed for 22A. 37 seems really slow. I know it's slow, but that much?

Apparently i meant +6 for the 22/88A, good catch, keep it coming :P. The 66B is correct.

I should put the note again. The 11/22/33/77/88/99 moves get +10 frames because of the step, so 22/88A would be i27 without the step.

Edit: waaaait a minute. I had noted the thing about the step already, so, Y U NO READ IT? :P

Edit: waaaait a minute. I had noted the thing about the step already, so, Y U NO READ IT? :P

You should take out the step frames, because you can buffer 8WR moves, it's just kinda hard. I've done it many times without the step. Just leave a side note saying, 8WR moves MAY induce a 10 frame step.

You should take out the step frames, because you can buffer 8WR moves, it's just kinda hard. I've done it many times without the step. Just leave a side note saying, 8WR moves MAY induce a 10 frame step.

and how can that be done? oO I seriously doubt you can get the normal 8wr move speed without any additional frames. If its possible then i will ofc ;p

I can't say honestly, but i know that I've done it several times as I use 33K and 33B a fair bit. It's buffered in the recovery of some moves, but not as cleanly as in previous games. Play around with it and see what you come up with. I'm still trying to work the mechanics out myself

Well i thought before that in theory you could do sth like 663B so you can avoid the step, but i dont think theres a way to avoid getting extra startup frames.
Its the biggest BS in the game atm imo :P

it's positive into LO stance, not into guard. it's actually horribly unsafe if you try to guard because you can't block directly from LO.

"BL A: i15, -18, -8, -8"
Really? I always thought that BL A was a safe "get me out of here" move when they guard something you don't want them guarding. -8 on hit still sounds pretty bad, and -18 sounds punishable, even with the backstep. This move looks terrible on paper.

"BL A: i15, -18, -8, -8"
Really? I always thought that BL A was a safe "get me out of here" move when they guard something you don't want them guarding. -8 on hit still sounds pretty bad, and -18 sounds punishable, even with the backstep. This move looks terrible on paper.
Yeah, I agree with you there, this move is not safe enough for a reatreating move, I must get rid the habbit throwing it out and use BL K_B more often instead, since the game speed is faster, you can actually mix up with those two now :p.

Well, I think only CEs could punish BL A. Maxi takes a big step back. -18 is not enough to easily punish at that range. Most of the launchers start at 17~21 frames.

I still like this move. It's important, IMHO.

I agree, on paper it's always been horrible. But it's much harder to punish than it seems. Some of those long range CEs will punish...iirc Pyrrha's might JUST make it, might.

What about Patsuka? I don't know his inputs (haven't played with him) but IIRC he had what I called the "barrel roll" that TC and had crazy range. If BL A were mid or something I'd like it a whole lot better, or if it was -0 on block/hit, that would make a lot more sense. That would be a "get me out of here" move that resets the situation, not putting you at a disadvantage.

BL A is one of those options I use when opponent guards 33_99B, it out ranges most AAs when they stop using AA post 33B and start using BBs, that's where B+K would be so so sweet~

Back