Maxi General Discussion

Sooo...I'm finally going 2 EVO..

k thanks guys, i'll do my best. but I'm just thankful i'm not in pool Hilde (C) lol

arrrrgh.... I got knocked out guys. I was too nervous and didn't play smart enough.
I have dishonored you all. ::Performs Hara-Kiri::

Edit: If it helps, I beasted in casuals lol...

How far did you get?

Don't worry, we know you did your best. =) I think you were the only Maxi in the Evo.

maxi help

That's a bit vague dude. Theres an awful lot of info in the top 6 threads I suggest you check them out. What in particular do you need help with?

maxi help

mash on all the buttons really hard

like, take a brick and glue it to your hand so you can hit all the buttons at once

maxi help

mash harder thats it.

reallly.

if your not wining its cos your not mashing hard enough.

so mash harder

mash faster

mash better.

and as for real tips same as what i said in your cervy one

learn frame data, learn combos, practice and watch vids

PSL weirdness.

Say you do 6A (RO), and do PSL1, u get BL.

But if you do 2A+K/PSL5 (RO) then press 6 for PSL1, u get eh... PSL 3 into LO instead of BL??
(Not that i actually have any application for PSL5 > PSL1... just wondering)

Am I missing something here?

PSL weirdness.

yeah you can in theroy impact with PSL5~PSL1 but its near useless so i wouldnt try. i think youll find its mentioned somewhere in the general discussion thread.

PSL weirdness.

Say you do 6A (RO), and do PSL1, u get BL.

But if you do 2A+K/PSL5 (RO) then press 6 for PSL1, u get eh... PSL 3 into LO instead of BL??
(Not that i actually have any application for PSL5 > PSL1... just wondering)

Am I missing something here?

there are a few exceptions for PSL rules

1) Moves that lands in LI (less A+K) PSL you get RO instead.
2) 1st loop from PSL2 after RC is RO, 2nd one onwards lands you in LO instead
3) From PSL3 LO<>RO 2nd LO onwards, will be LO > BL on neutral instead of RC

that's all i can think of for now

anyone else notice that certain moves seem to randomly wiff when playing against voldo, (not tested on others yet)

examples. have voldo walk around maxi and try 22_88A try both ways and it seems to wiff straight through. and this one annoys me 66K w! A+B will normaly do good damage but on voldo it seems that the 2nd hit of A+B wiffs

22A is a flaky move in general, i've had it whiff everyone i play from time to time. Dunno about the 66K wallsplat though, i never really get that situation enough to say

Ive also had 22A whiff against mits at times to!! I cant pin point the situation when it happens but watch out for that to!!

speaking of whiffing....

B+K B : B : B : A...I have had that A whiff not only on X (like everytime I use it on her) but on Amy (not that suprising) but also Yun!! And it was almost as bad as using it agaisnt X.

22A, and 88A each only hit on one side of Maxi consistently, the animation is just misleading. Are you guys sure the whiffs are character specific, and not caused by your opponent being on the opposite side as the direction of your input?

As far as B+K's A whiffing... Well sorry, Dave, but I find that hard to believe. As I explained in my B+K topic all whiffs I've seen have been B's caused by push-out, or starting at tip range. I've never seen the A whiff. I fight X often, and never see any unexpected whiffs. And I've already thoroughly tested B+K on Amy, and posted the results.

well i was playing zombear and had him walk around me at close range with voldo and tested both deirections and both inputs. try it and see what happens

Back