Maxi General Q&A

Because they are not both i21. B+K is i20

Well someone should fix that in the Wiki...

And Reave, B+k is one frame faster than 3b. 3b is pretty much worse than b+k in all ways. Slower, less range, less damage, easier to punish hard. All 3b had going for it is the TC and an unreliable ability to hit grounded.
I use it to test whether or not my opponent knows how to tech out of the 6A+B BE, PsL2 BL K BE because it's great for forward RO post JG since 3B doesn't move Maxi forward at all which reduces the risk of RO yourself.

i've recently been developing a CH-baiting style with pretty much all my characters. i just love doing BB then CHCE!

anywho, what are some good maxi CH-bait?

Managed to land 6B4G Li K B+K:B:B:B:A BT B+K 1K against Asta for 117 meterless damage! I wish that B+K hit all the time.

I hate how Li K works with making people fall weirdly. If you hit them with it while you're to their right it seems like it makes them fall in such a way to make things like B+K (and now that I think of it maybe A+B G?) whiff. That's why I can't seem to land them after 22A Li K since they spin around and the kick likes to land on that side. I tested that trap (6B4 G Li K) against Pyrrah and she's so small she falls right under the B+K. We need to fatten that woman up so my combos hit her.

so i've been a maxi player since the launch of SC5 but i never got down the names of his stances. i mean, if i can see a stance in person i can tell ya what it is since the names are just positions. the problem is when i come here or when i try to explain things to friends i have a hard time saying what i'm trying to say (if that long sentence makes sense).

what are some good ways to get it down? the old-fashioned way by going into training for hours on end? or memorize the stances like i'm preparing for college finals?

(i think this has also affected my game since if i get "lost" in a stance, i don't know exactly where i am in the Loops.)

I recognize the stances by his nunchaku placement. Ex. Left Outer=Nunchaku in Left hand over Left shoulder and Left inner=Nunchaku in Left hand under Left Arm.

After learning that I check to see what the first transition of 4 and 6 is out of each stance and memorize that. Once you know that it makes getting what you want when you want it much easier.

For me the easiest way is to remember which commonly used move puts you in which stance, I rarely even look at my character. Like: "from 4B I can press 4 for Left Inner or 6 for Right Cross" - in most cases you won't be able to loop more than one stance forward/backward anyway. The order of stances is always the same, so once you know that you can go to Right Outer from Right Cross by pressing 6, then you can easily deduce that by pressing 4 in Right Outer you go into Right Cross.

When it comes to stances themselves, not the transitions it's easier (for me) to associate stance's popular moves with the stance itself. The first stance I've learned was Right Cross with the reasoning behind this being - "this is the shitty stance with two options that work only on stunned opponents and A is pretty good for fishing for damage, I can confirm A to get damage with B afterwards. Most people go into RC by mashing A like apes".

Remember that stances are there to solve your problems, not to create new ones.

I like looping. It's a weakness that can be used as a strength if done well.

It's usually best to keep it short and sweet. When you've got your opponent conditioned on that, you can start looping a little to confuse them.

im wondering if I'm the only one that figured this out but did you know 33B PSL1 LIA tech traps all directions except 8( or maxi's Left on 1P side) it is kinda risky and a little stupid to use seeing as LIA is -9000 on block and all but it seems to be reliable. But I've calculated dmg seeing as 33B BLK gets 67dmg and the BE gets 77 doing this tech trap nets you about 72 dmg collectively and if BE LI A gets 92dmg on Clean hit and 87 w/o Clean Hit it may be interesting to use in match. just wanted to share my discovery pick at it as you please IRM OUT!!!!!!

Hey, dude, how exactly are you producing a tech trap after 33B? 33B launches the enemy and doesn't allow them to tech roll. For that matter, they can either stay on the ground or stand up and block.

If you are talking about 33B after a ground hit (like 4A+B, 33B), not even BL K at proper range is guaranteed if they tech roll, let alone PS1 LI A.

Cheers. =)

I see where he gets it. Its not a tech trap though. You get the shift to LI right as they bounce off the ground. Its ok for a RO atempt but it whiffs on smaller characters quite bad and it can be blocked. BL K is better for the garaunteed damage. Kinda funny though.

Back