Maxi General Q&A

why no JG?? or 9B to get over 1k and 2a XD

Holy crap....youve never played Uber huh? Maybe its me but homedude doesnt give you time to think. And if you whiff, your eating a B+K BBBA JF to the face. I came close a few matches but only cause I think he was experimenting with things and I caught him.

All joking aside I always like playing Uber, I just cant think as fast as he does, and when I play him my mind is just all over the place.

I would like to know from Uber1337 himself what he thinks I can improve on and where I do well.

Not Uber but the last time we played HRD, I did notice you almost never use 66b. Also, the one time I decided to press the attack rather than try my usual watch and counter approach was the match I might have won.

I dont like 66B at all, its to risky for my taste. But I was floored when Uber does 44K~66B for a tech trap!! So 66B will start to make its way on my list.

Other than that I cant buy into using 66B all that much aside from the start of a match where I notice the opp likes to backdash or step to my right. Then Ill run up and smack em with it. But I love the 44K, 66B tech trap. I used to be 44K, 1K, WS B+K (if I miss the WS B+K I could always BL A after it to avoid any retaliation with few exceptions). But now.....

To me Udber is just to overwhelming for me to keep up. He is constantly in my face toying with my emotions and is really keeping me on my toes. It was ony a matter of time before I guessed wrong and lost half my life. Homeboy is SICK with the B+K BBBA jf punish tho. DAYYYUUUMMM!!!

I dont like 66B at all, its to risky for my taste. But I was floored when Uber does 44K~66B for a tech trap!! So 66B will start to make its way on my list.
I blew it off for a long time too. It's great vs back dash, and LI catches a ton of people if they try to retaliate.

Other than that I cant buy into using 66B all that much aside from the start of a match where I notice the opp likes to backdash or step to my right. Then Ill run up and smack em with it. But I love the 44K, 66B tech trap. I used to be 44K, 1K, WS B+K (if I miss the WS B+K I could always BL A after it to avoid any retaliation with few exceptions). But now.....

To me Udber is just to overwhelming for me to keep up. He is constantly in my face toying with my emotions and is really keeping me on my toes. It was ony a matter of time before I guessed wrong and lost half my life. Homeboy is SICK with the B+K BBBA jf punish tho. DAYYYUUUMMM!!!
he could possibly have Turbo stick XD but 66B is something to be fucked with 66B to LI B catches people all the time if they try to attack. plus you can use WL to make it safe.

WS A on 66B block stops LI A & LI B. then on occasion you can get that weird sidethrow ~BL K BE goodness.
aGI doesnt make it semi safe at all.

I know it doesn't which is why I wished it would make 66B semi safe. Unless you weren't directing that at me.

HRD: Switch to Mitsu. Uber1337 will be finished after that lol.

Lol. Mitsu actually doesn't scare me so much anymore, only your Mitsu does. A good poke game and some smart stepping can keep him somrwhat in check. Im starting to think the Cervy matchup is the worst for Maxi. Stupid aB.

@HRD: I think you need to work more on your poke game. Watch krayzie play, he is the self proclaimed "king of the pickies". Also, work on not following 6a up on block, it leads to bad things. In fact, start pulling up on a lot of your attacks on block. Its safer and it makes the followups more dangerous when you actually do use them.

I find it funny that so many maxis are afraid to throw 66b, but they are willing to throw 22b. 66b makes the opponent take a risk to get real damage, 22b gives a free punish against a lot of characters. 66b is his best long range whiff punisher and backstep killer. It does great damage allows for ring outs and wall splatts. Just try to be smart with it.

quick question: which is usually safer for Maxi after a stance transition, a B+K (aGI) or just letting it finish on its own?
at certain times i try to bait a CH so i can land the B+K (aGI), mostly after a blocked 33_99B.

i've been trying to get a little more aggressive with Maxi but i'm not really sure how. So far, i've been punishing things a lot better (like Natsu's PO or Viola's orb-return). i'm also throwing a bit more lows when i see people block the highs/mids. any more tips/tricks i should do?

The safest thing to do is g cancel in RO, BL, RC. In LO I throw out any attack I think will hit. In LI I attack because B+K never comes out fast enough.

if you want to work B+K into your game more then I would suggest doing it out of RO, BL and RC. That's where I get my most successful aGI.

Back