Maxi just frame help

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
ok so this is probily a really noobie question to ask but you guys seem to be the most informed.

i really struggle to pull off just frames. i dont get it. i can do them sometimes in practice but not every time and cant work out where i have to input, it just seems a bit of a guess untill it happens and then a struggle to replicate.

i can play maxi pretty well and can use his stance transitions and people have said i use him well but i feel that the just frames would really help in bringing my play to a new level.

so im asking for your advice on how to time the just frames, also any other tips and tricks would really be useful.

thanks in advance

Well, for his 6B;B;B and his RC K,K:K, the input for the JF should be done pretty much JUST as the previous hit connects with the opponent.

The final JF hit of the 6B... string seems a bit off on the timing, but the others above are done essentially at the time of impact.

I've also heard someone say that you press the JF at the last possible frame for the move to continue. Basically, you try to do the JF and if the mvoe continues in the NON JF version, you've done it too fast, and if the move doesn't continue at all, then you've done it too slow.

As for B+K:B;B;B;BLAH BLAH, I don't have much of an idea on the timing and feel it's definitely not even worth trying since it'll make you use this move more than you should.

thanks this helped i can now preform it a reasonable %age of the time meaning i will add it to standard play ( the RC K,K: K one that is the others i dont seem to use that as the 6B: B: B i find always risky even if just and B+K: B: B: B: A isnt nearly as useful as the GI version.)

anyway just wanted to say thanks :D

No prob. Until I figured out that about 90% of the JFs in the game are at the moment of impact I could hardly do any of them.

I'm working on getting the 6B;B;B one consistently as it makes it a natural combo without needing a CH. The last hit is tricky though and I might never get to the point where I can get the JF version at a high enough percentage to make it viable.

describing timings with words can be a bit abstract but anyway I'll try describe my timings based on personal experience and observations

RC KK:K
average JF press K on impact, medium strict timing

B+K :B :B :B :A
-first B: press during second hit's impact, loose timing
-try to memorize a delay after the first B after which press second B and see if you nailed the JF
-with that memorized use the second B as a timing basis for the last three button presses, which is best described as counting 1-2-3.... or saying cha-cha-cha :P

6B :B :B
-second B just before impact, almost strict timing
-last B on impact, strict timing... hell yeah it is

again thank you very much for the tips. i an finding the 6B,B,B one hardest but the RC K,K.K has saved my bacon a couple of times. lol

any other tips for more advance maxi play

Yea I feel that 6B : B : B is the hardest JF in the game...
That's the only one I can't pull off consecutively.
:^(

Yea I feel that 6B : B : B is the hardest JF in the game...
That's the only one I can't pull off consecutively.
:^(

hell yeah that is a tough one. yoshis imcf took me forever to able to even get it once. But like i said to someone (cant remember who) 6b : B : B: B is nice for the flashy "wow" "wtf?" but its not unreliable. I still debate rather ( if done correctly) that you are in BT B+K range. I have never had it land like that for me. I will go with WL 6BBB BT B+K. You get the auto GI factor in there and goes for i think 65 or so damage.

U're mixing up the moves hotrod. Sounds like you're thinking of the B+K just frame. R3DD is talking about the Backfists 6B B B that end in GB and sends u really away

BT B+K is not applicable here. This jf is harder than the B+K one, by far.
WL BBB is more like B+K but also different, it's reliable though, once u get the timing.

hahaha nah, just get the notations down already and it'll be all good ;)
I don't like jumping on your nuts seriously haha.

i know...had a bad week last week. I thought we were talkin bout B+K bbba. I just straight wasnt paying atten.

So i wanna get this straight, going back to the B+K BBBA. I personally have never done the JF version of that where the oppenet was within BT B+K range. So there for I dont use it. I use the WL version, I like the auto GI in there and looks all flashy and shit.

I must be doing it wrong then. In the JF version how many flashes are there? and is it possible to have your opp within BT B+K range or is that your sacrafice for being flashy! Cause Im pretty sure the WL version with the BT B+K is around the 70 or so damage. as to where the JF version that I used to do training with (and then threw out cause i didnt like that fact that i wouldnt get the BT B+K) does less damage.

Actually i think it depends on the situation. Just doing the B+K JF, I still can't hit the BT B+K. But when I do a combo against the wall, and do it, it works.

I'm still not clear of the details of the B+K jf either.

Let's ignore WL BBA for a bit cuz that's straightfoward and we all use that (it's that important) and very easy, and BT B+K always combos. 65 dmg.

B+K series regular version, can give BT B+K as well, but ONLY after stuns it seems

B+K series jf version is 3 or 4 flashes. This gives BT B+K as well after stuns and also without stuns as well but i'm not sure in what kind of situation, i've done it in the open and got T B+K, it may be character specific.

The jf version does way more damage than the regular version.
jf version 67 dmg
normal version 55 dmg

This is WITHOUT BT B+K followup.

I'm still not clear on landing the BT B+K but i know you can for both versions however, more for the jf version than the regular version

Just would like to add that B+K jf version is the STRONGEST option postGI that maxi has and among one of the strongest in the game, it is guaranteed if they do not reGI. If u can get to land BT B+K the damage goes near 80 or more iirc

Just a thought... regarding 6B:B:B ... If you where to hold 6 during the whole thing, would you still be able to get the JF?
Is it only obtainable if you return the stick to neutral?

I just noticed that when I do it, sometime I actually hold the 6 for longer than is required, and I NEVER get it.

Back