Maxi just frame help

Does anyone know if there is a damage difference between the wavering light version and the regular B+K version?

so my resoning for doing the regular version over the JF version seems to pay off for me. REASON: If the JF version does 67 damage, I see it to be for the "show off factor" only. Where as the WL or regular version will give you 55 damage and put you in range for BT B+K for a grand total of *drum roll please* 72 damage. I see it more beneficial FOR ME to do it like I have. Unless someone can figure out if it is possible to do the JF version and still be in BT B+K. So far I personally have been unsuccesful

They're used differently though. You can do B+K on call, whenever. The other requires you to go into WL first.

Does anyone know if there is a damage difference between the wavering light version and the regular B+K version?

so my resoning for doing the regular version over the JF version seems to pay off for me. REASON: If the JF version does 67 damage, I see it to be for the "show off factor" only. Where as the WL or regular version will give you 55 damage and put you in range for BT B+K for a grand total of *drum roll please* 72 damage. I see it more beneficial FOR ME to do it like I have. Unless someone can figure out if it is possible to do the JF version and still be in BT B+K. So far I personally have been unsuccesful

I get 65 damage for that combo. Never had it reach 70. Did you test with full armor? that might have made the difference.

You can't compare the 2 and evaluate whether or not you can replace one with the other, one is done from neutral the other is done from stance. You can't use the WL version to punish whiffs after you stepped an attack for instance. you can with B+K. You also can't do B+K from WL.

The jf version of B+K always does more base damage though (67) and can give you BT B+K sometimes.

i see what your saying bout when is proper to use each version. Im more of a RO A type when I step something. Didnt really consider B+K. But I will now. Ill have to do more testing on that stuff when I get home. I couldve sworn the damage was more than 67. but your right the armor thing mightve had something to do with it.

you say you cant do B+K from WL? In fact you can but its not a "B+K" input. its simply BBB,A. The WL I use in the sense of the mind game. When someone sees that WL come out they usually start blocking. Its rare that someone will try to attack me when they see it. So at that point out comes BBBA. But if someone is used to that and blocks the whole thing theres always the A and K options from that as well. maybe i misunderstood what you said bout not being able to do that from WL

you say you cant do B+K from WL? In fact you can but its not a "B+K" input. its simply BBB,A. The WL I use in the sense of the mind game. When someone sees that WL come out they usually start blocking. Its rare that someone will try to attack me when they see it. So at that point out comes BBBA. But if someone is used to that and blocks the whole thing theres always the A and K options from that as well. maybe i misunderstood what you said bout not being able to do that from WL
All they're saying is that B+KBBBA doesn't need a stance to initiate. It comes out from neutral. You can't use WL in the same situations 'cause it takes a stance transition first. WL BBBA looks similar but they're not interchangeable.

yeah what marginal said
B+KBBBA
is no WL BBBA
they just look similar, but not the same move
And aobut whiffed attacks, i'd love to use RO A on whiffs as well, but again you need to bein stance for that. What if you just step an attack while in neutral, you need something heavy to remind them don't whiff. This is where B+KBBBA comes in also.
Post GI, B+KBBBA again. Very strong

oh thats pretty sweet. step punishing is something i felt maxi wasnt to strong in (or at least I wasnt) cause like you said, you have to be in a stance to do anything rewarding. Im such a 6A RO A slut that im getting really predictable now with the people i play. They are almost in the habit of ducking instead of blocking. But I see what you guys are saying. Its like a new "maxi" door just opened up. I like that idea a lot!!! going straight into training mode when i get home!!

ok been playing around with the B+K BBBA the last couple of days. Figured out if you do it from a stun hit such as 3A. you will get the BT B+K within range. or if you have your opponent near a wall it will work also, those are the only 2 times i found them to be within BT B+K range.

the WL version Im used to I can get the A to come out everytime by using the default setting on the right trigger. But that way does NOT work for the B+K version. I am having trouble with 2 things. 1. getting the timing down to make that A come out. any tips I could get would help me tremendously. 2. the timing on the JF's. I know lots of people have trouble with that timing and it may be hard to explain with words. But getting that A to come out every time is driving me nuts. anyone got any timing tips for that?

^ Yeah, B+K seems to only leave people within BT B+K if you begin it off of a stun. Not sure how it began that the JF version would lead to this spacing.

One thing to note though, the stun off of 3A is gona be too shallow of a stun to do B+K unless they just aren't shaking.

^ One thing to note though, the stun off of 3A is gona be too shallow of a stun to do B+K unless they just aren't shaking.

True those who like to shake stuns are gonna be outta 3A real quick. I was just using it as an example. I was flipping through you tube and thats what some guy was using just for an example. But any stun initiator will get you in range of the BT B+K.

im dyeing to figure out that timing in the BBBA part. I cant get that A to come out everytime. JF or not!! I feel like a noob. someone help!!!

Don't feel like that, it's a pretty tough jf to me too. R3dd seems to get it often damn him :)
6B :B :B is even tougher though haha. I would prefer to do that one vs whiffs cuz it's more manly but it's so hard to do either...practice practice practice.

there's the timing.

Don't feel like that, it's a pretty tough jf to me too. R3dd seems to get it often damn him :)
6B :B :B is even tougher though haha. I would prefer to do that one vs whiffs cuz it's more manly but it's so hard to do either...practice practice practice.

there's the timing.

I try, I try... lol

As for the timing of the B+K : B: B: B: A
It's hard 2 explain as u said Dave...
ugh...let's see...only way I can put it is that it's a rhythm you have to follow. it's like...

If that made any sense

As for 6B: B: B that shit pisses me off so much. the window is so fuckin small

BTW: 6A > RO B cant be interrupted right?

I think I figured it out. towards the end where you hear the chucks moving at its fastest is where you mash on that A. cant figure out the exact timing. Ive tried looking at his feet, Ive tried the "cha cha cha", but r3dds 1........2.....3..4.5 is what help the most I think. Full JF isnt 100% yet but im getting close. I can at least get a few flashes in there most the time!! thanx guys for all your help!! I havent even tried the 6B:B:B yet, not a big fan of that move. to easily wiffable on the last B and range is to strict for my playstyle. But will work on it eventually!!

I think I figured it out. towards the end where you hear the chucks moving at its fastest is where you mash on that A. cant figure out the exact timing. Ive tried looking at his feet, Ive tried the "cha cha cha", but r3dds 1........2.....3..4.5 is what help the most I think. Full JF isnt 100% yet but im getting close. I can at least get a few flashes in there most the time!! thanx guys for all your help!! I havent even tried the 6B:B:B yet, not a big fan of that move. to easily wiffable on the last B and range is to strict for my playstyle. But will work on it eventually!!

Look at the vid in the link i posted above. It really helps.

yeah i'm starting to not like 6B jf too much either as well as 3B!! surprisingly :(

i have a quick one for you i know that if you guard the WLBB you can impact the A, so i assume (i dont know if its true) that if you guard the B+K BBB you can impact the A, is this the same with the JF version or is that uninterupitble. what kind of frames are you left at with JF and non JF versions.

i would test but i cant seem to consitently pull off either lol (unless im having a good day and as im going to the pub shortly that wont be the case later :P)

They're both absolutely horrible on block. It's not worth GIing...it's a bit tricky if not impossible. Blocking and punish is the opponents best best.

yeah, you really don't want to risk GI'ing the last hit... if you fail, you get launched. Just block and punish at your leisure.

yeah that video help a lot. I wish that you could just loop videos without having to hit reply....however.........

Played my offline buddy last night, and whooped the fuck out of him with B+K BBBA step punish. It was flashy JF's all night long. Took him awhile to realize I was using it as a punish and not out of my WL strings. Even on block that combo is great. Its a new staple of mine now. Thanx to those that helped me out.

now if we can figure out some kind of magic formula for 6B:B:B.......we'd be good. Tried that shit all night last night to with NO success!!

yeah that video help a lot. I wish that you could just loop videos without having to hit reply....however.........

Played my offline buddy last night, and whooped the fuck out of him with B+K BBBA step punish. It was flashy JF's all night long. Took him awhile to realize I was using it as a punish and not out of my WL strings. Even on block that combo is great. Its a new staple of mine now. Thanx to those that helped me out.

now if we can figure out some kind of magic formula for 6B:B:B.......we'd be good. Tried that shit all night last night to with NO success!!

Good shit my friend!

As for the 6B JF, that shit is greatness for that combo I posted with the W! GREATNESS

Back