Maxi's Loop Shifts

hotnikkelz

johNNy blaZe
Maxi's loops no longer require to hold 6_4 to loop. He automatically cycles through the stances unless you attack or guard.

PSL1 (tap 6 while in stance)
RO>BL>LI>LO>RC>RO

PSL2 (tap 4 while in stance)
RO>RC>LO>LI>BL>RO

Natural shifts
LO>RC
LI>LO

ps. This makes LI the slowest cancelling stance, as it cycles first to LO which then goes to RC before you have the ability to guard. Use wisely

oh, is that why LI takes so goddamn long to cancel? It has to go through 3 stance, lol. I don't really like LI now outside of combos.

I apologize for asking:

PSL1
PSL2
LI
LO
RC

What do these mean? I'm familiar with some things like FC = Full Crouch or Technically Crouching and WR = While Rising, WS = While Standing etc etc. But I don't thing I've seen these notations before

I apologize for asking:

What do these mean? I'm familiar with some things like FC = Full Crouch or Technically Crouching and WR = While Rising, WS = While Standing etc etc. But I don't thing I've seen these notations before

PSL1....Pure Soul Loop 1 (moving forward)
PSL2....Pure Soul Loop 2 (Moving backwards)
LI....Left Inner
LO....Left Outer
RC....Right Cross

Might be a good idea to put maxi notations in the frame data thread. There are a lot more notations for maxi there Alternate275, and it always confuses people. Ima try and straighten that out for all yall

Ah, I'll take a look. Sorry for asking entry level questions. I'm not incompetent or completely alienated from the SC series, though I'm new to the SC competition. But what is a Natural Shift?

I'm assuming it's the transition from an attack string shifting into his LO/LI cycles?

yeah, maxi can't directly guard cancel out of LI and LO, he automatically transitions from them into another stance first. those transitions are what were being referred to by the "natural shift" term.

Yeah ive been getting knocked out of my RC AB mix ups a lot.
If it werent for the damage hea dealing now.....

Too many strings get you interrupted. Gotta keep them brief and clean, focus on basics. Forget doing simple things like 1B RO A and the sorts. IN thsi game there are many ways to deal with strings, and PAINFULLY so as well. Focus on the uninterruptable setups

yeah, pretty much the only time i go into RC AB aside from in combos is after i get the opp to block a 22(B). if you can use maxi's uninterruptable pressure strings to train the opp to overblock, i've also had some success with 4B>LO>PSL1>RC AB, although that setup probably can get OS'd by some characters if they have an attack that can step the LO B threat.

i think, though, that 1B>RO A is still decent even though it loses to some things, because most of the things that beat out the RO A lose to either RO B or K, which both hit for pretty big damage even without spending meter. i'm sure some characters can just beat the whole mixup, but i'd be surprised if a majority of the characters could.

After 1B most characters could 'walk away' and make everything miss basically. Unless the 1B hits. RO B is sooo iffy to me, anyone else see how much this whiffs? RO K is too slow and linear to catch them too. Back dashing is strong in this game and Maxi doesn't advance in his strings now that old RC A is gone. I wish I had old RC B

yeah RO B definitely has whiffing issues, the hitbox is really weird. and yeah, you're right about the backdash post-1B. i didn't test every character, but it looks like most characters can backdash out of RO A after blocking 1B, although only a few characters can avoid the followup K. the only characters i found who could escape it very consistently were raph and cerv, although they both needed 1B to be blocked from mid-far range (for 1B) or have the 1B start from slightly off-axis (i think; it seemed inconsistent). probably characters with A-tier backsteps can escape it fairly reliably :/

im missing the A+K and 8_2 loop changes... T_T me and maxi are feeling lonely... NAMCO!!! BRING THEN BACK!!!!

Honestly I'm missing the old RC A more than anything. Advancing while in stance is pretty much impossible.

Well i had prepared for the loss of old RC A, because I thought I had other options, turns out I don't. Very troublesome, this Maxi is a very picky and choosey Maxi, gotta be super careful with my shifts because the movement system is the game is amped up

Honestly I'm missing the old RC A more than anything. Advancing while in stance is pretty much impossible.

another great loss for Maxi's player were 66Ag_RCAg and LOBKg, without those moves, Maxi barely can feint... T_T . Namco we want the best of SC2's Maxi back!!!!!!!.

If I had Maxi's SC2 66A and 236B back (NOT from stance) I would have to change my pants every time that I played him because I would be so excited.

Back