[May 19, 2012] TORYUKEN: Toronto's Road To EVO - May 19th-20th (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

neorussell

[10] Knight
TorontoTopTiers is proud to bring you TORYUKEN. Toronto's very first EVO sanctioned tournament. Toronto has come a long way to prove that we are one of the most formidable cities in Canada when it comes to fighting games. The stakes are higher this time around. There will be a lot of EVO Point hungry players coming to take over our beloved city. Canadians, time to step up your game and keep the EVO Points in Canada.

_______
TRAILERS:

TORYUKEN Trailer #2

____
DATE:

May 19th-20th 2012

________
Hyatt Regency Toronto
http://torontoregency.hyatt.com
370 King Street West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1J9
Tel: +1 416 343 1234

http://torontoregency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/maps/index.jsp?icamp=propMapDirections

HYATT Reservations – Contact lyndsey.wright@hyatt.com and reserve with her. Limited.
Recommended

Grange Hotel – $89 per night from when I checked. It’s a bit far but the price is good. Reserve as soon as possible.

-5 Min Walk-

SoHo Metro Hotel – Contact To Reserve.

-International Players-

Global Village Backpackers – Real cheap Hostel. $37 a night but they only allow Internationals. If you are not from Toronto, give them a shout.

Canadian Lodging – Real Cheap Hostel. $37 a night. They only allow Internationals. If you are not from Toronto, give them a shout.

Lots of Hotels in University and Queen area. Drive would be 5mins and walk would be 15mins. As long as your are willing to walk or drive, you have options.

__
I’m sure all over Toronto, players are willing to house as well so start asking.
You have options, just have to ask. Check respected community threads.

_________
VENUE FEE:

$30 - Pre-Registered
$35 - At the door during the event

$20 for the weekend - You will get a wristband to show you are a spectator

SPECTATORS CANNOT COMPETE IN ANY OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS

There are two ways to Pre-Register for TORYUKEN:

1) Pay via Paypal or Credit Card by following this link. Ends May 12th @7p.
2) Pay Russell via TTT x A&C World Casuals. Check out these gatherings on Mondays and Wednesdays. Ends May. 16th.

IMPORTANT
Door Registration Closes at 10:30a for participants.
Please Pre-Register to not be excluded. Spectators can pay anytime.
NO EXCEPTIONS IF YOU ARE LATE.

____
FOOD:

The hotel does not allow food inside. Lots of places to eat around the area. Especially on Queen St. There will be NO ALCOHOL allowed in this tournament. You will get thrown out of the event with no refund if you are caught with Alcohol in the venue. Fair Warning.

________
PARKING:

Please keep in mind that this hotel is in the Downtown Core. I will look for the best parking in the area but don’t be smart and think you can break the system. Read the signs carefully and make sure you check your car or get towed. This is a warning to everyone who is driving. TTT will not be held responsible for parking or tow tickets.

Parking in the Area right beside the Hotel:
Saturday: $25 from 6a-11:59p
Sunday: $10 for the whole day

I do suggest that players uses TTC.
Osgoode Station is 2 blocks away.

_______
STREAM:

Stream will be provided by our very own TTT_RXS and TTT_Kellfire

-Stream 1-
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers

-Stream 2-
www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2

Sponsors can be found here.

_________
SCHEDULE:

It would be ideal for you to Pre-Register so that you do not have to come early in the morning to sign up for your respective game.

9:00a-10:30a – Registration

IMPORTANT
Door Registration Closes at 10:30a for participants.
Please Pre-Register to not be excluded. Spectators can pay anytime.
NO EXCEPTIONS IF YOU ARE LATE.

-Capcom Games-
12:00p-4:00p – SSFIV Singles
2:00p-8:00p – UMvC3 Singles
7:00p-12:00p – SFxT 2v2
We will be doing 16-man Brackets Pools for Capcom Games.
Pre-Registration helps balance the bracket a night before. Help us by Pre-Registering.

The Following Games Starts at 2:00p
-Mortal Kombat
-Soul Calibur V
-SkullGirls
-King Of Fighters
-BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
-Tekken 6

Depending on the tournament of these Non-Capcom games, we will do 16-man bracket pools. Tournaments that do not finish by 11p will continue the next day.

Note: Subject to changes

-Saturday Stream 1-
12:00p-4:00p – SSFIV Singles
4:00p-8:00p – UMvC3 Singles
8:00p-12a – SFxT Singles

-Saturday Stream 2-
1:00p-3:00p – King Of Fighters XIII
3:00p-5:00p – Soul Calibur V
5:00p-8:00p – Mortal Kombat

-Sunday Stream 1-
11:00a-12:00p – Tekken 6 Top 3
12:00p-1:00p – BlazBlue Top 3
1:00p-2:00p – King Of Fighters Top 2
2:00p-3:00p – Soul Calibur V Top 4
3:00-4:00 – SkullGirls Top 4
4:00-6:00 – Mortal Kombat Top 8
6:00p-8:00p – SSFIV Top 8
8:00p-10:00p – SFxT Top 4
10:00p-12:00a – UMvC3 Top 8

-Sunday Stream 2-
12:00p-3:00p – SSFIV Top 16 to Top 8
3:00p-6:00p – UMvC3 Top 16 to Top 8

Strict Rules will be followed for disappearing. Nobody is special and you will be disqualified if you are not there when called. Warnings will be given before proceeding with Disqualification.

Strict Rules will be followed for disappearing. Nobody is special and you will be disqualified if you are not there when called. Warnings will be given before proceeding with Disqualification.

Street Fighter x Tekken (360)+$500 Bonus
$10 entry per person, $20 per Team
2v2 Team Tournament
Double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per Winners and Losers Finals
3 out of 5 games grand finals

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (360)+$500 Bonus
$10 entry

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (360)+$200 Bonus
$10 entry

Mortal Kombat (PS3)+$200 Bonus
$10 entry

SkullGirls (PS3)+$300 Bonus
$10 entry
3 out of 5 games per semi final match

Soul Calibur V (PS3)+$200 Bonus
$10 entry

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (PS3)+$100 Bonus
$10 entry

King Of Fighters XIII (PS3)+$100 Bonus
$10 entry

Tekken 6 BR (PS3)+$100 Bonus
$10 entry
3 out of 5 games per semi final match

All tournaments will have the following pot split:

Singles
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

TORYUKEN is part of Road To EVO. We are certainly honoured to be able to provide EVO Seed points for the following games:
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Version 2012
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
  • Soul Calibur 5
  • King of Fighters 13
  • Mortal Kombat 9
EVO Point Distribution:

1st - 50 points
2nd - 25 points
3rd - 10 points
4th-16th placers - 1 point

If you are planning to go to EVO, the points will help you get seeded in the bracket.

The console equipment will be labeled and registered to ensure its safety. However, please be careful with your sticks. Furthermore, if you know you're attending and you do not have a stick to use, make sure you have a friend who can donate. All singles matches will enforce a 5 minute rule and if you can't find a stick within that time you will be disqualified. This is advance warning and will not be brought up again.

If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform the director. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.

What kind of TTT tournament would it be without a raffle. More info about raffle prizes in the coming weeks.

As I mentioned above, this is the first ever EVO Qualifier in Toronto. You do not have to be an Official Sponsor to help out. If you would like to donate, please contact neorussell@torontotoptiers.com. You will get free Swag for your helping.

If you would like to volunteer at TORYUKEN please contact neorussell@torontotoptiers.com.

TORYUKEN Group Rate

Keep in mind that we are in the Entertainment District of Downtown Toronto.
If you are gonna call the hotel, mention either TORYUKEN or Canada East Group.

I’m sure all over Toronto, players are willing to house as well so start asking.
You have options, just have to ask. Check respected community threads.

NeoRussell

Y'know I might not be attending this but I'm looking forward to the results... despite oofmatic being a douche I think he has a big advantage. I mean really how much experience can you really get against danpierre? a stupid ass character with hard to read moves that no one really plays as online. If he's maining him and people have little to no experience against him it's gonna be a bitch to beat him. best of luck to everyone (cept oofmatic lol)

EDIT: actually this is in may...lol apparently anything that starts with an "M" I immediately assume March..haha.. ok maybe I can attend this. derp.. :D

If not for any random sickness, I'll be there ! Additionally, we have some other persons from Montreal that should be coming (I'm talking here in regards to SC5).

Don't worry, they always rig the bracket so we have to eliminate each other without playing many candians :) it's been a long time since i went more than 1 match without running into another Buffalo player.

I'm going for sure, dunno if we're getting a hotel room or what though. My goal is to still be playing on Sunday, so I need to figure that out.

Buffalo should have a large contingent of people coming up, at least 12 or so I'd say. If I can make top 8, I'll find a way to crash somewhere.

Any idea at what time the finals will be done on Sunday ? I probably would take my trip back on Sunday to avoid an additionnal night at the hotel !

EDIT: Well the Toryuken website told me the answer... Either way, me and Ekkaia will be there 100% sure (pre-registration done, bus tickets paid, hotel room reserved). Sadly, we are only 2 people from Montréal coming for SC5, but we will make sure to make a good impression so you will all reckon Montréal force !

I updated the 1st post. OK peeps, I need your help. I can only go so far to advertise this event.
I ask the community to get more SC or other game players.

Playing Online is nowhere close to playing real people you can have fun with.
Please let people know of the event and for the love of greatness, Pre-Register.

NeoRussell

TORYUKEN Trailer #2

JWong is confirmed for SCV. Who will get mocked for losing to him?
Nah, just kidding. He knows what he is doing.

NeoRussell

pretty pumped for all the action going down. Where are all the toronto calibur heads??? this thread has WAAYYYYY too little shittalk to be a Toronto thread.

can someone from toronto even win ONE of their tournaments this year? please?

Back