Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

my friend hasn't figured out that you can zandatsu people after you assassinate them...and he just beat the game lol. think it's about time i tell him XD

Just completed the game today. Felt like posting my top 5 favorite boss fights.

5.) Sundowner: The music and the atmosphere are what made this boss fight for me. Fighting the climactic battle against the leader of the Nebulous Evil Organization on a stormy heliport. It reminded me of that Tekken 6 stage.
4.) Metal Gear RAY: You get to cut a giant fucking mech to pieces, then in half. Also, the running sequence to complete the battle.
3.) Senator Armstrong: Quite an awesome climactic battle. The only reason he's not higher on this list is because I think he's a cheap motherfucker with his lava eruption shit and ridiculous damage.
2.) Monsoon: The first boss in the game that can give you a good thrashing if you don't know what you're doing. This whole fight was just one big ball of awesomeness, from becoming Jack the Ripper, to Monsoon's illusions and separating his body with magnetism, to him throwing things at you.
1.) Sam: The age old cliche, with that PlatinumGames touch to make it even more awesome than every other instance. At last, you've almost made it to the end, but your rival, who had only months ago humiliated and nearly destroyed you, stands in the way of you and your destiny. But this time is different. You've unlocked your true potential, your killer instinct. There is only one option: he must die. Your arena? A beautiful field in the outskirts of the desert beneath the majestic sunset. You both draw your cyber-katanas. Two men enter, one man leaves. Heaven or Hell? Let's rock.

i was surprised how short it was when their other games have been quite long like bayonetta.

*also super-hyped for Bayonetta 2, bummed it's wiiU exclusive though.

Tip of the day:

Inputting Konami's code before selecting storage device (that means don't press start) will grant you access to ALL difficulties from the get-go.

That being said, Revengance mode is a pain in the arse. Harder than Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC combined.

I might be over exaggerating.

Tip of the day:

Inputting Konami's code before selecting storage device (that means don't press start) will grant you access to ALL difficulties from the get-go.

That being said, Revengance mode is a pain in the arse. Harder than Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC combined.

I might be over exaggerating.
No you're not imo. Because in Revengance mode nearly everything one shots you ofc the bosses too. In devil may cry and ninja gaiden 2 on the highest difficulty i don't think any of the enemies one shotted you just did large amounts of damage.

No you're not imo. Because in Revengance mode nearly everything one shots you ofc the bosses too. In devil may cry and ninja gaiden 2 on the highest difficulty i don't think any of the enemies one shotted you just did large amounts of damage.

In DMC, there is a mode called Hell and Hell which is essentially the endgame difficulty. In that mode, anything that hits you -big or small- is a guaranteed one shot kill. The AI is much more intellegent, of course.

In Ninja Gaiden 2, Masters mode, (I think thats what its called,) the enemies become so insane, that they can cause hits similar to a 1HKO. BUT WHO AM I KIDDING, JUST IZUMA DROP EVERYTHING

Check those modes out! I guarantee you that you will tear some hairs out.

In Ninja Gaiden 2, Masters mode, (I think thats what its called,) the enemies become so insane, that they can cause hits similar to a 1HKO. BUT WHO AM I KIDDING, JUST IZUMA DROP EVERYTHING
i was about to say what's so hard, just izuna drop all the things, but then i noticed that you said it!

i don't mind DmC's difficulty since it feels less cheap, but i hated NG2's "difficulty". made it up to master and then gave up, one can only tolerate so many rockets to the face for so long.

In DMC, there is a mode called Hell and Hell which is essentially the endgame difficulty. In that mode, anything that hits you -big or small- is a guaranteed one shot kill. The AI is much more intellegent, of course.
Hell or Hell is a bit of a cop out. You still get three gold orbs per level, which revive you on the spot, so technically it takes four hits to kill you. Also, it's only on the game's "hard" mode, so the enemies actually aren't much tougher.

I have a hard time believing that Revengance mode is harder than Dante Must Die mode in DMC3 though, where every single room is full of nearly invincible devil trigger enemies that tear you apart.

Hell or Hell is a bit of a cop out. You still get three gold orbs per level, which revive you on the spot, so technically it takes four hits to kill you. Also, it's only on the game's "hard" mode, so the enemies actually aren't much tougher.

I have a hard time believing that Revengance mode is harder than Dante Must Die mode in DMC3 though, where every single room is full of nearly invincible devil trigger enemies that tear you apart.

Revengance is a unique game in that there is no block button. I've not fully mastered parries yet, but thats only cause I've gotten the game like 4 days ago. So im getting smacked harder than DMC 3.

You might be right later on, because once you obtain Sam's Katana, it pretty much breaks the game. It has a move that evades and has invincibility frames throughout the ENTIRE animation. Forgot the name, but ive seen it on YT

Revengance is a unique game in that there is no block button. I've not fully mastered parries yet, but thats only cause I've gotten the game like 4 days ago. So im getting smacked harder than DMC 3.

You might be right later on, because once you obtain Sam's Katana, it pretty much breaks the game. It has a move that evades and has invincibility frames throughout the ENTIRE animation. Forgot the name, but ive seen it on YT
There isn't a block button in DMC either. Royal Guard doesn't count, it's like a parry as well.

Picked up the game a few days back. Up to R-02 now.

It felt... off playing the prologue. I actually felt significantly weaker than I did in the demo. All was fixed in R-01, though. Started to get used to parrying. Also, for R-01, buy Defensive Offense ASAP. It makes Mistral feel kinda lolzy, being able to actually evade the minion grab attacks without Ninja Run and keep up the offensive.

defensive offense is one of the best moves in the game because it has full body invincibility for a pretty big window

defensive offense is one of the best moves in the game because it has full body invincibility for a pretty big window

Yeah. I saw a final boss fight on Revengeance difficulty with no damage, and he was using DO significantly more than parrying.

Honestly, DO and Aerial Parry are probably the only skills you need to buy, especially for Parrymaster- er, I mean Monsoon.

Back