Meter Management Discussion.

And here I thought we were talking about Meter Management, not doing the same move until you run out of meter. That's not practical and doesn't do anything for anyone. I can say "HUR HUR HUR I can do Nightmare's CE twice before I run out of meter!". Same thing, it's not practical usage of the meter. Sure he can do 33B BE 12 times, going from 60 to fully stopped before he has to do another move, if he lands every one of them, but it's not practical meter management.

I'd rather do 33B BE, GS K BE anyways, especially near a wall. Maximize the amount of damage you can get out of the meter that you currently have available.

I believe you've missed the point of saying that it can be done 12 times before you run out. It's the same reason someone who advertises a car would say that with a 3.5 gallon tank you can travel 140 miles before you run out of fuel. They say this to express that the car gets 40mpg and that it's very fuel efficient, not to say that you should drive it till it runs out.

Mentioning that the CE can be done twice before it runs out is very very common knowledge in the world of soul calibur V. So common that people who haven't even played the game and have little to no interest in ever playing it know this.

Mentioning that 33B BE, 2A+B can be done twelve times in a row before it runs out is to show that this is the most meter efficient course of action after landing 33B BE if there is no wall to wall combo off.

BTW, does 33B BE, GS K BE actually combo? I'll have to look into this.

That would do more damage at the cost of 50% [if it does combo].
The former uses 25% and gives back roughly 21%. net loss of %4. 100-25+21 done 12 times ends up below 25 after the 12th time. Meaning you aren't using very much meter and thus you're managing it.

Personally if it's the first round and I see an opening for 33B BE I'll almost always follow it up with 2A+B because it's a use of only 4% and I want to conserve my meter for the next round. If this is the final round or a situation where I can kill my opponent if I use meter I'll almost always take the option that favors me winning over getting more meter.

Speaking of GSK BE
GSB, GSB. GSKBE, w!, 4KK, w!, 4KK w!, 2A+B is a combo that leaves you with more meter than when you started. It uses 25% for the BE and gives back a number greater than that [I wish practice mode let you know how much meter you had, instead of only a close estimate].

Back to 33B BE, GS K BE. How is this effective meter management?

Tiamat beat me to it =P

IE, situational. Just like all of SCV's moves with every character. Just because two BE's chew through 100 of the meter doesn't mean it's not worth it if done at the right time.

Tiamat beat me to it =P

IE, situational. Just like all of SCV's moves with every character. Just because two BE's chew through 100 of the meter doesn't mean it's not worth it if done at the right time.
Never said it wasn't. Just wanted to know what IS useful about it.
33B BE, 2A+B is pretty useless if it's the final round and swapping the 2A+B with GSK BE will kill the opponent. Personally I use the latter more in the first two rounds and less after than [unless I've wasted away too much meter].

All this talk about meter... I'm going back to playing SCV now to look at more meter building combo's.

I believe 33B BE 66B is guaranteed, possibly the same with 4 A+B. I would need to test both though, not entirely sure.

Is 33B BE 66B a tech trap? And is 33B BE 4A+B a stay down trap?

33B BE 4A+B doesn't catch left roll (NM size) or right roll for smaller characters (pyrrha), and it has some weird off axis issues where it will whiff if the opponent doesn't roll at all. I've found you need to do a bit of a delay for 4A+B but it makes it a very finicky anti-techtrap.

33B BE 4A+B doesn't catch left roll (NM size) or right roll for smaller characters (pyrrha), and it has some weird off axis issues where it will whiff if the opponent doesn't roll at all. I've found you need to do a bit of a delay for 4A+B but it makes it a very finicky anti-techtrap.

So basically just go for the maxed out damage.

Work in progress, I tried to be as accurate as possible.

Nightmare Meter Study
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQJG3mzXDiadDJEUWdTZzZyM3pEQ3NtblU2ZW9XOHc

No agA FI as I am unable to pull it off by itself.

If you play on pad try setting LI/LB to A and sliding your thumb from square/X to X/A then using your left index finger to hit LI/LB.

I've seen people on sticks set three button's in a row as AGA [for nightmare] and AGB [for aPat] and so on for moves like that and then pressing the buttons like you would play grace notes on a piano.

Back