Missing character discussion

The problem with Rock was that he was TOO similar to Astaroth, but performed worse (which makes him being the OG less relevant). He was more grab-heavy than Astaroth but I'd say they should've stuck to that and expanded on it. Make him completely grab-based and based around using it to play mind games and turn him into a mix-up character and he would've been better. Basically, centering his style around grabbing, but giving him skills that don't make grabbing his only option. I wouldn't mind seeing them make changes like that to make his style more unique and viable, then putting Bangoo in with the style.

Could be some more changes they could make, which I wouldn't mind brainstorming. Instead of a two handed mace (which would almost force his style to be similar to Astaroth's), they could make him weaponless. But having said weaponlessness be based on grappling and different than Devil Jin's style. More of a brute force wrestling style. Or maybe give him a single handaxe and have a lot of it based around using the handaxe and his bare hands both, so it's still a powerhouse style despite only having a handaxe. Could even give him a skill to throw it at the enemy and then pull out a new one. Or maybe a one handed club, rather than a two handed weapon. As I'm pretty sure they want to keep his weapon and style seemingly prehistoric in nature.

Gonna go off topic for a bit, but one weapon I would love to see (it might actually better suit Bangoo, depending on how they want to design him) is the bow. Granted, I know that projectiles are typically avoided in 3d fighters, but having a bow user would definitely be a unique style. Make it a special kind of strong metal bow or something, and give them skills to use it as a blunt weapon at close range (or even make the sides of the bow into blades), and design it so they don't want to only stay at a distance. Used more as a blunt/slashing weapon than a bow, but hey, would be an interesting style. Force the player to determine when it's better to be up close and when it's better to be at range. Their air combos would look sick, that's for sure.

The problem with Rock was that he was TOO similar to Astaroth, but performed worse (which makes him being the OG less relevant). He was more grab-heavy than Astaroth but I'd say they should've stuck to that and expanded on it. Make him completely grab-based and based around using it to play mind games and turn him into a mix-up character and he would've been better. Basically, centering his style around grabbing, but giving him skills that don't make grabbing his only option. I wouldn't mind seeing them make changes like that to make his style more unique and viable, then putting Bangoo in with the style.

Could be some more changes they could make, which I wouldn't mind brainstorming. Instead of a two handed mace (which would almost force his style to be similar to Astaroth's), they could make him weaponless. But having said weaponlessness be based on grappling and different than Devil Jin's style. More of a brute force wrestling style. Or maybe give him a single handaxe and have a lot of it based around using the handaxe and his bare hands both, so it's still a powerhouse style despite only having a handaxe. Could even give him a skill to throw it at the enemy and then pull out a new one. Or maybe a one handed club, rather than a two handed weapon. As I'm pretty sure they want to keep his weapon and style seemingly prehistoric in nature.

Gonna go off topic for a bit, but one weapon I would love to see (it might actually better suit Bangoo, depending on how they want to design him) is the bow. Granted, I know that projectiles are typically avoided in 3d fighters, but having a bow user would definitely be a unique style. Make it a special kind of strong metal bow or something, and give them skills to use it as a blunt weapon at close range (or even make the sides of the bow into blades), and design it so they don't want to only stay at a distance. Used more as a blunt/slashing weapon than a bow, but hey, would be an interesting style. Force the player to determine when it's better to be up close and when it's better to be at range. Their air combos would look sick, that's for sure.

ss :/... when do you guys finaly get it its not rock whos the copie he was first so astaroth is TOO similar too rock .
and his moveset was fine allready

Yeah, I'm sre we all understand that Astaroth's the copycat. However, from the time that he was introduced, Astaroth is the one that's consistently been in the games, the one that's been involved the most. Yes, Rock came first, but look how many of us here had started with Soul Calibur II.

And again, if I was to see Bangoo, I'd love to see him basically be Nightmare with an axe, hitting hard and fast, but not exactly a good defensive player. It would help emphasize his origins as someone who's lived in the wild, as well as his youth, where he's less calculated in his movcments and more on the wily side.

Yeah, I'm sre we all understand that Astaroth's the copycat. However, from the time that he was introduced, Astaroth is the one that's consistently been in the games, the one that's been involved the most. Yes, Rock came first, but look how many of us here had started with Soul Calibur II.
Ha, too many it seems.

And again, if I was to see Bangoo, I'd love to see him basically be Nightmare with an axe, hitting hard and fast, but not exactly a good defensive player. It would help emphasize his origins as someone who's lived in the wild, as well as his youth, where he's less calculated in his movcments and more on the wily side.
Bangoo just being in is what would satisfy me.

Astaroth, as much as he has overstayed his welcome, isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.

ss :/... when do you guys finaly get it its not rock whos the copie he was first so astaroth is TOO similar too rock .
and his moveset was fine allready
I made mention of that fact by saying: "(which makes him being the OG less relevant)". So I already know who the copy is.

His move set wasn't fine as it was, he was way too underpowered and therefore almost completely nonviable in competitive play. That's why I'm thinking to change him around to emphasis his strengths and separate his style from Astaroth's. Even if Rock was the original, Astaroth was the one to take it to a competitive level. So Astaroth is more deserving of keeping the style, while Rock needs the change.

The suggestions I made (apart from the bow one) would fit ManlyMan's idea of a strong, quick, offensive, rush down character while still keeping it similar to Rock's style. Grappling being the staple for how he played.

Umm... Excuse me I have a question, is Kilik really gone or not? Because I just got Kilik in SCV a moment ago but I read a lot of websites that said Kilik is gone already, so is that someone else? Or it is really Kilik?

Kilik is still there but he's a BS mimic character now. I just hate what they've done to him. He's supposed to be the guy with the bo staff, not trying to be the next Edge Master. And speaking of Edge Master, if they brought him back for SCV, why have Kilik and Sophitia Elysium as mimic characters also. It doesn't make any damn sense. Everyone wants the Kali Yuga wielding Kilik back, not this phoenix helmet wearing luchador wannabe.

Kilik is still there but he's a BS mimic character now. I just hate what they've done to him. He's supposed to be the guy with the bo staff, not trying to be the next Edge Master. And speaking of Edge Master, if they brought him back for SCV, why have Kilik and Sophitia Elysium as mimic characters also. It doesn't make any damn sense. Everyone wants the Kali Yuga wielding Kilik back, not this phoenix helmet wearing luchador wannabe.
Looks like what they've done to Kilik had pissed you off, I did not enjoy the Characters in SCV, the only reason I play this game is because of the online fight, or else I won't even want to toch this game.

I was glad that Kilik came back for SCV but to pass him off as an Edge Master wannabe/mimic was just pitiful. How does PS expect us to accept Kilik as the new Edge Master when there's an Edge Master already there! It doesn't make any sense. Project Soul needs to fix that.

Kilik definitely earned the title of 'ill-fated' by Daishi.
Which is messed up because of how Kilik is supposedly a tragic hero and how he had to leave behind the ones he love so that he can protect them from dangers and even himself. I know Kilik wanted to be a martyr and having to put his soul on the line and all that stuff but seeing him as a mimic and acting like he's reached "enlightenment" is such a cop out. Yes, I know he's a monk but even monks don't act so self-possessive and nonchalant like he does...unless they went through what he did but even from that you move on and learn from it. Daishi really wanted to throw a curve ball to the series and Kilik unfortunately was the first casualty.

Which is messed up because of how Kilik is supposedly a tragic hero and how he had to leave behind the ones he love so that he can protect them from dangers and even himself. I know Kilik wanted to be a martyr and having to put his soul on the line and all that stuff but seeing him as a mimic and acting like he's reached "enlightenment" is such a cop out. Yes, I know he's a monk but even monks don't act so self-possessive and nonchalant like he does...unless they went through what he did but even from that you move on and learn from it. Daishi really wanted to throw a curve ball to the series and Kilik unfortunately was the first casualty.

Oh believe me... if kilik and some of the characters came to life, they'd be bringing their weapons over to Japan to see Daishi.

Oh believe me... if kilik and some of the characters came to life, they'd be bringing their weapons over to Japan to see Daishi.
I can already envision the damage they will do. Kilik would've used his Tricky Bo attack and Asura Dance to kick things off, followed by Maxi with a Wing Sobat attack, Xianghua with her Lian Hua Cannon 1 & 2, Ivy using her Critical Edge, Cervantes' Geo De Ray, Yun-Seong and Talim ganging up on him, and finishing it off with Zasalamel's Critical Finish!

I can already envision the damage they will do. Kilik would've used his Tricky Bo attack and Asura Dance to kick things off, followed by Maxi with a Wing Sobat attack, Xianghua with her Lian Hua Cannon 1 & 2, Ivy using her Critical Edge, Cervantes' Geo De Ray, Yun-Seong and Talim ganging up on him, and finishing it off with Zasalamel's Critical Finish!
Where's Mitsu 4B in the list? :P

Where's Mitsu 4B in the list? :P
How could I forget about Mitsu's 4B. And why not throw in Taki throwing Daishi around followed by Seong Mi-Na's Opening Treasure, Raphael's Mermet De Vec (he won't bite him since he's not female), Amy's Soaring Dance, and finish it off with Cassandra's Critical Finish--no, he's not deserving of that one, we should just finish it off with Astaroth/Rock's Critical Finish which leads to Hilde throwing her lance while Daishi is in midair.

Back