Missing character discussion

Look at you.

You have a wall of text crying about inequality in your sig.

Do us a favor and stop pretending to be on a moral high horse, or better yet, stop posting.

Look at you.

You have a wall of text crying about inequality in your sig.

Do us a favor and stop pretending to be on a moral high horse, or better yet, stop posting.
Assumptions, Assumptions, Assumptions. I don't pretend to be on a moral high horse.

And yea, I was glad to add all of that as my signature. It underscores a general attitude of the people on this site, including yourself. Do you have a problem with it or something?

speaking as someone living in bumblefuck northern new mexico, who will probably never enter an off-line tourney, who doesn't even have access to high speed internet and who is well past the target age demographic for SC, i think everyone should take my opinions seriously... really really seriously. Video game quality is largely relative. If you're going to say SCV isn't any good or the scene is dead then i'm guessing you think there's a better game you're comparing it to. I tried to play some tekken last night and comparing tekken to SC isn't fair to tekken. SC is on a totally different/higher level. I, like many others, don't think SCV lived up to its potential but is there a more pleasing fighting game out there?

It underscores a general attitude of the people on this site, including yourself. Do you have a problem with it or something?

I do have a problem with it because there is nothing wrong with this attitude.

The context of the sig you quoted is in a thread where we state a cold-hard fact: what you *do* matters. In case you hadn't noticed, the "persecuted" party in that thread has been pretty much dismantled, so all this whining about equality of opinion is pointless. You will also notice who took the argument apart: respected people who *do* things. I wonder why that is?

speaking as someone living in bumblefuck northern new mexico, who will probably never enter an off-line tourney, who doesn't even have access to high speed internet and who is well past the target age demographic for SC, i think everyone should take my opinions seriously... really really seriously.

This guy gets it.

In case you hadn't noticed, the "persecuted" party in that thread has been pretty much dismantled

This thread isn't for us to discuss this, so I'll keep it brief. In the thread about JG (and in many more threads), popular opinion held that offline tourney players' opinions trump that of online players and players of lower notoriety. This is a logical fallacy known as an appeal to authority. The Great "IdleMind" says X, therefore X is true. Because of the fallacious nature of this argument, such arguments "dismantle" themselves. It's perfectly legitimate to pay more attention to an expert's opinion than to a non-expert's, but it doesn't fly in actual argumentation. Put short, you can't construct valid arguments with such lines of reasoning.

I do have a problem with it because there is nothing wrong with this attitude.

I thought it was obvious you had a problem with it, but I don't care if you do. I'm sure you can accept that. In your own words:
"Stop being such a crybaby." -Idle

This thread isn't for us to discuss this,

Who cares? The mods don't even have the power to ban people.

so I'll keep it brief. In the thread about JG (and in many more threads), popular opinion held that offline tourney players' opinions trump that of online players and players of lower notoriety. This is a logical fallacy known as an appeal to authority. The Great "IdleMind" says X, therefore X is true. Because of the fallacious nature of this argument, such arguments "dismantle" themselves.

This is true, however you will notice none of the expert players are actually using this line of reasoning.

It's perfectly legitimate to pay more attention to an expert's opinion than to a non-expert's, but it doesn't fly in actual argumentation. Put short, you can't construct valid arguments with such lines of reasoning.

I wish we lived in a world of pure logic, but we do not. Ipso facto, accomplishment has weight and merit.

I thought it was obvious you had a problem with it, but I don't care if you do. I'm sure you can accept that. In your own words:
"Stop being such a crybaby." -Idle

I actually appreciate the hint of maliciousness. At least it isn't appeal to equality. Good post.

As it says on my sign, i really would like a character that had the movesets of all the guests that have been in the series (obviously im not talking about angol fear and does guests, but like ezio, yoda, Link, etc.). In my opinion the character would be really good for the players because it would allow people to main guests without having the fear of their character not appearing in the next game, he would be called the guest master.

Of all the things I miss from the earlier games, it's not an entire character so much as it is a very serious aspect of the character; the one I speak of is Ivy.

Whether she's an eccentric, bitchy alchemist or not, she's still a noblewoman, and I kind of feel cheated. Since Soul Calibur III, every single one of her costumes makes her look like a slut. What happened to the other side of her, the one that was less distracting with her anatomy than she was imposing with a cold stare? Where her mere presence was enough to make someone shiver in their boots? An aura of dominance was so much more apparent when she was dressed in velvet, and when she kicked someone's ass, it was as someone with, most of all, taste. There's not much worse than being slaughtered by a woman who dresses as though she was just a helpless, inexperienced snob.

That, and I thought she was umpteen times hotter when she was wearing what you could actually call clothes, but that's beside the point.

i totally agree with everything you said but i wouldn't hold my breath for a more conservatively attired Ivy. Ivy's design was tied into the marketing of this game and sluttiness always trumps demureness when it comes to sales. Always. if Ivy makes it into future installments I would bet her outfits get even skimpier. I can just see some nob in a marketing meeting screaming at the design team for covering Ivy's ass with coattails.

Big lemon-shaped tits and round ass

that-post-gave-me-cancer.jpg

im playing soul calibur 3 just to see some old character faces, and it makes me sad )x
how could they give up so much personality in one game, i just don't understand. screw the story,
i want my characters.
cassie > patrok/pyr
seon-mina/kilik/yunseong > xiba
taki > natsu
talim <3
zasalamel <3
come on, time to impress us :{ make 6 good

im playing soul calibur 3 just to see some old character faces, and it makes me sad )x
how could they give up so much personality in one game, i just don't understand. screw the story,
i want my characters.
cassie > patrok/pyr
seon-mina/kilik/yunseong > xiba Approved
taki > natsu Approved.
talim <3
zasalamel <3 Approved.
come on, time to impress us :{ make 6 good

Back