MIST mixups

Hey can someone tell me what is the CH in "CH 44B6, (go to MST) B, B+K, 1A".

I was referring to the CH as "on counter hit"

Basically, this combo that I posted earlier will only connect with an opponent on counter hit because of 44B's attack property on the opponent when they get hit with this move, they slowly crumple to the ground and if you press 6 (forward) after landing a successful 44B, you will automatically transition into MST stance and from there you get a free combo that varies from 80-120 Damage, depending if you use Brave Edge and what not

EDIT: Why doesn't this Soul Arena have a combo DISCUSSION thread? I wonder so we could discuss combos and what not like wall, ring out combos, Critical Edge, that stuff.

If your opponent likes to roll left a lot, and they're a small character, Mitsu can't really do anything about it other than 2K which is a bad if they get up. But, if you transition to MST right away when you get a KND, MST A+B will track rolling very well, along with MST K.

Most of the time they get up for some reason, though. This usually just leads to a MST A+B getting blocked, which isn't so bad.

Actually trying to mix up with MST is pretty jank but I've been thinking about B+K. Sure, blocking low and standing for mids beats everything, but not B+K. Problem is, NH B+K is -1 on hit into MST, and they can just 2A and beat everything or just duck again. But MST Jumping can beat 2A and MST B+K will beat most slow TCs and MST B everything else...

Anyway, if they're really committed to ducking you can try charging B+K. If they block, you're at +15 so that's a free 6B8. If they try and step on reaction to the charging, well, it'll probably work. But, you may be able to release at just the right time so they get hit right before they step or try to interrupt. It's the same as a chargeable unblockable mixup.

You really do need to make very specific predictions to make MST work... for me, using it is a bad habit as it almost always ends badly.

4A6 BB+K will frame trap everybody until they just 2A. That's when you MST Jump! but then what lol... B+K will beat a 2A here... but it just seems so risky for what little reward you can get if your opponent refuses to get CH'd.

You said it best. The biggest issue with mist is the lack of a quick reliable safe mid. b+k on NH leaves mitsu at a disadvantage and to make matters worst he remains in mist stance. The opponents that I have encounter online are AWARE that I remain in mist after b+k on NH. So lets just say that are ready and prepare to counter. lol. (However, occasionally I have been able to bait ch mist bb+k or mist bA+B+K for massive damage but that is all situational.) It would be nice if a future update could patch mist b+k so that it pushes back far enough on both NH and block. Or as I have said before please DAISHI GIVE US BACK MIST 6b. Why the hell did they remove that? Such bs.

I dont see what is the problem with Mitsu having mist 6b. Assuming same properties as regular 66b, it would leave mitsu with a semi safe quick mid. (Its -13 but the pushback and threat of the second hit might prevent opponents from retaliating.)

From what i saw, mist is just f****** useless. i still dont understant why they removed a good stance and let the one remaining with no mid.
So u just duck.... get a mist B+K in your face and dont care cause its -1 in hit.....
So i use it only at the end of the round to make the final mix up....

Anyway, if they're really committed to ducking you can try charging B+K. If they block, you're at +15 so that's a free 6B8. If they try and step on reaction to the charging, well, it'll probably work. But, you may be able to release at just the right time so they get hit right before they step or try to interrupt. It's the same as a chargeable unblockable mixup.

Just so people know, this charge can't be cancelled. If you hold it long enough to begin the charge animation, you're commited to the full thing. Just one more pointless negative to add to the pile...

Also, I've been using mst as a counter to highs more then anything else, dash in, kick it and ride the TC to a B throw or B BE depending on the situation, but it's pretty character specific stuff. Also, I tend to go into mist as 2KB6, and then do the high low thing again, it tends to catch people out. But yeah, I use it mainly to hand out a throw. I am quite fond of scoring a knock down, dashing straight into MST and then hitting A+B to keep on the pounding, and it does alright guard break damage.

But overall, the longer I play in the B ranks the more I dislike MST...

I am quite fond of scoring a knock down, dashing straight into MST and then hitting A+B to keep on the pounding, and it does alright guard break damage.
I do this often. It might not be the most mathematically sound thing to do, but it feels right. A+B has revenge so you have a little insurance against while rising moves. Huge payoff if it actually does hit.

MST is situational. But, hasn't it always been? Considering A+B breaks in 8, if they block it instead of evading it, that's a good thing. I want them to block it.

Plus, A+B has some freaky tracking of rolls to Mitsu's left...

MST KB is a crazy move. Tracks. Lots of dmge. Crazy range.
Any disadvantages of it pale in comparision to how good it is.
If you use it as a bait, not as a mixup, you get them ducking alot of time.
Once they fear you can bait some strong CH.
MST is a bit random stance. See it like this : MST strength are its great low and powerful CH tools.
Scare them with KB then try to set up your CH. It works more often than not.
If you try to use it for regular 50/50 mixups MST is not that good though

Reactions: LAU
I've come to learn Mitsu's whole game is revolved around the mist stance. It's very important to incorporate it into your strategy. The majority of the time I enter mist off a connected BB. After that I have a few options...

If my opponent is offense happy and always attacks after BB, I'll immediately go into mist and attack with BBB. Once he has been conditioned is when the fun starts. Once he starts blocking BBB you can either go for a mixup(6KB) or attempt a grab. If your opponent starts crouch blocking I would use B,B+K to get a mid attack in...even if B,B+K connects you will still be in mist allowing you to keep the opponent guessing. I wouldn't abuse mist however because Mitsu has other moves that are useful.

slowly trying to incorporate MST into some situations, got a few (probably useful) things to share:

I'm not really liking the stance so much standing. MST transitions to CH fish are sorta gimmicky, revenge frames on A+B is very unreliable, and 66B+K seems to take forever. it's probably best in long sets where offensive options slowly get exhausted.

anyway, I like Belial's example of the stance use as bait. my example goes:

Mitsu scores a knockdown, and goes into MST. obvious options that hit them pesky rollers here are A+B and KB. the mixup here goes in the way of conditioning to your preference. once conditioned, you can keep MST on oki in your back pocket in order to force a mixup to your advantage.

after a while, it gets easy for the opponent to just block MST A+B for the umpteenth time to pressure a guard burst, then use the stance's strong low/throw options for a chunk of damage.

Back