Mitsu vs. _____

Mitsu Matchups Ranking Project

Musashi: About Amy - It may seem so, but in fact though while her tools hurt a few aspects of your game, your tools are enough to cripple her entire game. Generally she have to take more risks than you, although most amy players are very agressive, maybe careful turtling strategy can turn the tables, but since her best options come from wake-ups and turtling wouldnt let her have it enough to win, especially if you can just ukemi often enough. About basic - I dont think so, yes you are very limited in your stance usage, but you have to react to a lot of things very quickly, GI, just ukemi and mindgames are an important part of dealing with her, games like this are very flashy and fun!

About youshi I'm not really sure what you mean. He can RO from afar but I dont think his RO game is very strong. but his oki is very good! and 3B is not big part of my mitsu game anyway, though It gets punished VERY rare.

Sophitia keeps giving me a headache, it seems the only way to win against her is to be ahead of your opponent in skill.
I can't really keep my offence up against her well, and my keep away is very much crippled by her AS and ability to punish.
Are there any advantages I should look for in this matchup?

Here is a tournament match from Chelles (our last big tournament in France) between C-Dric and Dina (they're brothers), basically the best Mitsu and best Sophie we have in Paris, maybe France.

Mind you, they know each others very well, but still to me it's the tutorial of "how to beat Sophitia with Mitsu, even if it's a bad match up in theory"

I really encourage all of you mitsu player to check it :)

It's not that the Mitsu player is good, the sophitia player just sucks and is very predictable. Not to be harsh, but Sophitia is only good online where there is lag.

It's not that the Mitsu player is good, the sophitia player just sucks and is very predictable. Not to be harsh, but Sophitia is only good online where there is lag.

oh yeah i agree %100

forget how offline how she can punish easier shes trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

sarcasm aside

anyone know the match up mitsu vs algol?

who has the advantage?

whats the ratio?

the sophitia player just sucks and is very predictable. Not to be harsh
ahahaha, is everybody at ATL like this, or is it another Sword Lord account?

Saitoh: That's the first thing I checked out when I first played a good sophie. ^_^ thank you for help anyway.

ahahaha, is everybody at ATL like this, or is it another Sword Lord account?

First of all I'm not really from atl, I just go to school here - I dont know who Sword Lord is.

If a mitsurugi player has a problem with sophitia off line, then they're just not good.

... are you seriously saying that Mitsu destroy Sophie?

She steps well and punishes brutally. Those two things alone spell trouble for Mitsu.

nah, step isnt much of a problem. Maybe its not such a bad matchup afterall, but her ability to punish so well from such a long distance, paired with powerful aGI is something that makes your mixups a little inferior given the actual difficulty to set it up in the first place. but anyway, I used to think about amy the same way and it turned out to be exatcly the opposite. I will be doing a lot of Sophitia research and maybe post an answer to my own question later.

As on C-dric vs Dina vid I think they are both very skilled players, but from my point of view they both missed quite a few opportunities to deal damage, which really hurt sophitia. If sophitia plays agressively against mitsurugi it severely limits his options, if you let mitsu take the initiative it is a very big advantage for him, b/c his strength lies in offencive mindgames, while his defence is somewhat limited to poking and keep away, which sophitia AS is too strong of a counter. The good example of how offencive style can cripple mitsurugi's game is the game of C-dric against Kayane later in same tournament, although X would've have a lot of trouble with defencive mitsu playstyle, unlike sophie.

First of all I'm not really from atl, I just go to school here - I dont know who Sword Lord is.

If a mitsurugi player has a problem with sophitia off line, then they're just not good.

wow lol

this is funny

ok first of all mitsu has to do 50/50's to win if your opponent guesses right your gonna get punished and what does sophie do well?

also she has TAS B:4 which shuts down mitsu stances

how does mitsu win in this match up?

i think sophies WR B would be a pain in the ass for mitsu

if she blocks 66BB 1A or 11A your in real trouble

BTW Belial, what are you using when playing defensively with Mitsu ? I feel he's pretty crippled compared to his SC1 or SC2 version in this domain (loss of 6B9 and going from i10 AA to i15 AA, for example)

Saitoh: oh dont even bring up 6B9 it pains me to remember what he once had. T_T old 6B9, 33B, 66K, FC 1B 2KB all are a painful losses. The biggest problem to me is loss of tracking on 2KB which makes turtling ineffective with Mitsu.

for keep away I rely primarily on b6 and tip range b:A. both of this are extremely good pokes, if you can space correctly it can be very painful for opp to get in. he will start trying to bait your wiff, that is when you get an opportunity to set up your offence, or create distance for b:A tip hit. This is a very strong stategy if a character has less reach than mitsu.

on tip range block of RLC B and b:A its a great setup for b6 counter or b:A again, but a little risky.
Also as you see I use a lot of k:B to punish wiffs, it has deceptingly huge reach (just a little less than b:A) and creates best wakeup setup mitsu has (probably) with 22B hitting all rolls, and once you keep them in place go for MST mixups that are not interruptible/steppable here as well.

I use stance game shifts RLC in defence, like shown in the vids. B/c RLC and MST are steppable in different directions your opp will have a hard time switching (impossible really), AND the best part of stance shift is RLC B far block. Once your backdash in RLC to its max the range you opp will really have no choice from there you can either release RLC B which will hit step right and be safe against 90% of characters on block at this range, or shift back to MST which covers everything else. You can also reset the mix up here or go for MST A for GI-trap on block.

Another obvious ranged moves are 66A+B, 22_88B b/c they are safe and FC on block. but i dont really use them a lot.
33A is good but hard to set up, b/c its slow.
4A is steppable but good if your opp loves evasive moves like 44B or backdash, for it works now vs backdash unlike SC2/3 C-dric uses it very well.

Another move I encourage you to look in is 236B (no delay) it 100% tracks left step (3A covers right step) and creates distance on block. its not really a poke, but very good buffered into block stun if you'd like to get opponent of you. it still good as a mix up with 2KB and great on block.

I will try to make a turtling mitsu vid in the future ))

anyone know the match up mitsu vs algol?

Algol is really disadvantaged in that he can't step 2KB/3B mixup reliably, so once Mitsu establishes a close-range exchange, he can push his offense with lesser consequence than against other characters. Algol backstep can still avoid the B&B mixup, but they're risking a CH b6 in the face.

As far as bubbles are concerned, Mitsu can go under AND over normal (4A+B/6A+B) bubbles. 9A+B jumps over with little to moderate risk, and a well-timed MST dash (difficult) can duck under. Mitsu also has b6, b:A, etc. to interrupt Algol's slow shots within range. Close-range GI of a bubble (w/o hit) can force a 2KB/3B mixup for Mitsu.

Mitsu has the options to get inside a bubble shield, it's all up to the player to exercise patience and well-timed aggressiveness.

Another move I encourage you to look in is 236B (no delay) it 100% tracks left step (3A covers right step) and creates distance on block. its not really a poke, but very good buffered into block stun if you'd like to get opponent of you. it still good as a mix up with 2KB and great on block.

I didn't know 236B covered left step, good to know. Mitsu needs any step-killers he can get, lol.

wow lol

this is funny

ok first of all mitsu has to do 50/50's to win if your opponent guesses right your gonna get punished and what does sophie do well?

also she has TAS B:4 which shuts down mitsu stances

how does mitsu win in this match up?

i think sophies WR B would be a pain in the ass for mitsu

if she blocks 66BB 1A or 11A your in real trouble

Im sorry but I really cant take what you are saying seriously being that you dont Main Mitsurugi, nor is he your second or third player of choice.

I am not saying that sophitia sucks, she hits hard as hell, but when it comes to mind games and being tricky, she just isn't. My opinion the only good thing she has about her is her quick stab - and that's only because she can hit you before you gaurd.

Im sorry but I really cant take what you are saying seriously being that you dont Main Mitsurugi, nor is he your second or third player of choice.

A person's "mains" aren't, and should definitely not be, the extent of said person's character knowledge. Personalized character avatars in a fighting game forum does not determine the extent of one's character knowledge. Every fighting game requires at least a basic understanding of the cast to even be remotely competitive.

I am not saying that sophitia sucks, she hits hard as hell, but when it comes to mind games and being tricky, she just isn't. My opinion the only good thing she has about her is her quick stab - and that's only because she can hit you before you gaurd.

Sophie's gameplay centers on punishing blocked/whiffed moves, she doesn't need to force mixups to be effective. When you say "that's only because she can hit you before you gaurd," that means that she's punishing you. I can understand why you don't understand this concept, being that your primary method of playing is online... unsafe moves are seldom punished by most online players.

The reason why Sophie can be a bad matchup for Mitsu is that her "quick stab" can discourage a Mitsu player from using his B&B moves, for fear of being blocked and punished.

If you would like to elaborate on your opinion of Sophitia further, I'm pretty sure the Mitsurugi forums should not be the medium to express your opinion through, lol.

im no mitsu pro but i know the match up and each characters strengths and weaknesses. im starting mitsu but i pay attention to frame data
example:
mitsu 1A is -15 sophie blocks and punishes with WR B 66A+B you eat the DMG then start over and if sophie guesses your 50/50 mix up you get hurt again

she doesnt need to be tricky

she makes you have to think about what moves you wanna risk,my main raphael is a way harder fight against sophie then mitsu vs sophie so i "know the match up"

Mitsu vs. Ground Rollers

Sophitia is a damn good character and I don't care what any of the scrubs who've been saying otherwise think. Every character has potential depending on the user (though I don't see much potential with Yoda I won't say it's not there).

That video of the 2 brothers in France or whatever though didn't really show anything worth while, both of them used the same strategy almost consistently.

This part is regarding ground rolling Kiliks which I see as a trend giving Mits players problems. Everybody knows :1::A: if they're rolling but some have been guarding that :(6)::A+B:; :(3): or :(9)::B:; and :(6)::B:,:B: and still rolling if you don't.
So here's the new strategy for you:
Get up on them and use :(1): or :(7)::B:,:(A):... the A misses which will have these Kiliks wanting to abuse their while grounded moves, roll some more, or stand up and block finally but you're at advantage nonetheless. If they stand up to block you back to the basics but if they still want to use their while grounded moves (:A:+:B: unblockable/UBmixup or :A:+:K: low sweep) you can use :B:,:B: or :(B):,:B:.
I recommend the :(B):~relic, the difference being you may miss the second part of the mist :6::B::B:...and I just think the stance switching version looks cooler :)

does mitsu have anything to get around the 2(A+B) 4(A+B) bubble shield ?

because i cant get through

he cant go under the 4A+B when there are low bubbles

and 9A+B is far from moderate risk.........

your risking 100+ dmg if you get hit by 4A+B

Bubbles following moves will go through bubbles inconsistantly
66B and 33B goes under if close or far to a bubbles. will get hit out of at mid range. but I dont think juggle is possible. Also often trades but still deals more damage than bubble (15 or 30 if two bubles CH, opposed to around 35~40 on 33B)
33B is better at far range and 66B at closer, although their properties are different slighly.
6B+K, MST KB at medium range , unreliable, often second hit gets interrupted by a buble.
4B+K RLC A+B any level. well. ITS HARD to set this up, BUT it will go under nearly everytime at medium range and trade hit with bubble. 3rd level deals like 70+ dmg but will not really work more than once or twice.

Main trouble with algol aside from bubles is his completely ridiculous range on 1A (low poke) and his ridiculous backdash.
So if you go at him you have to struggle through both bubles, great range of pokes and backdash. ALSO Algol can ABUSE 66B,A+B against Mitsu, for the best punishment you will get most of the time is b6 for 20 dmg. and you cannot step the second part and it will hit your stances etc.

So strategy against algol with mitsu is poke with 66B, 33B, b6. and stay away, b/c bubles are weak at range. if he hits you with 1A remember he's disadvantaged. and his stuff can be stepped to the left if you notice some predictable. pattern. If hes in your face you must learn to GI bubles it takes a lot of practice b/c you will need to know at which range it will be gi'ed and at which it will not be. Its not a great advantage for something as difficult, but every penny counts in this matchup. sometimes you can use 4 maybe to get away, b/c it has great step back. but make sure not to get hit by 66B,A+B then. Overall it takes a lot of practice vs Algol to learn how to deal with spam and even then its hard, b/c of how much range and damage Algol has.

Back