Mitsurugi General Discussion and Q&A

There's Mist B BE if they try to immediately duck & counter (Mitsu gains armor aka any single hit will be absorbed), but other than that Mist is pretty useless against those who are aware of it's weakness. I still use it, but I try to pull it out on rare occasions so they don't grow accustomed to dealing with it.

MST might not be the offencive stance it was before, however, it has no weaknesses aside from low damage on normal hit.
You always can punsh opponent for guessing wrong, even if MST B+K gets blocked, for example
MST b,B+K and MST B+K with small delay will track sidestepping hits
MST A punishes them for running too long
MST B,B+K interrupts everything
MST B+K interrupts TC moves
MST KB -crazy damage and _good _tracking (especially to the left)

Movement in MST is greatly improved, jumps and ducks now recover fast. 2As no longer stuff stance transitions
At mid range MST is very threatening it seems.
Also its great when you have advantage as it will duck mids. It might not be useful in most normal situations, but invaluable in stance-battles (i.e vs Maxi, NM etc)

This is probably known by now, but took me awhile to figure out,lol
If you're KD backturned to opp (after many throws) you can get off the ground in BT by pressing A+B+K, thus, having access to i10 BT B+K.

Does anyone know if 4B is getting nerfed in the patch? Because unless my opponent is Alpha, it feels like I have a safe dragon punch at mid range. If it stays as it is, I may just pick him up as a permanent secondary.

I think it is as fine as it is for now.
And do pick up Mitsu~

P.S. Partisan, I never thought of using Mitsu's CE like that during Natsu 8B+K BBB, lol!

4B has too much tracking to my liking. It should track to only one side, like X 44B.
Also, why is it safe, when other evades are unsafe - I dont get it.

Belial, care to elaborate?
4B tracks to both sides and its safe. Of course you can still step it with long 8wring or timed steps, but overall its dumb.
X 44B is unsafe
Raph 44B is unsafe etc

I also think FC 1BB is just gay. 90 dmg + wakeup + crazy meter build (40 pts total) out of nowhere. wtf is this?

Stuff that is clarly lame:
MST A - need moar dmg
MST B+K only BB on block? really?
44A -2 on hit?

Consistancy problems:
3A sometimes still wiff vs step
ch 22_88A combo into CE consistantly or never combo - randomness here is stupid
Either make FC1BB an NC or remove it. Or make it consistant against some type of character. Randomness is just dumb.
2KB* shouldnt be blockable if it hits opponent back. Random once again.

Take that as a patch note suggestions.
As for nerfs idk.
33K seems a bit too good
4B is not a big issue at high level, but still fix
2KB builds a lot of meter, dunno if its ok or no yet.
Maybe damage nerf of 5-10% to all moves above 20pts?

Typically, I don't mind 4B if I'm using Alpha because it can be punished by JFT, JFT easily, but he is the only character that can deal with it at midrange. In a lot of matchups its a total get out of jail free card in so many situations and makes zoning against Mitsurugi absolute hell to do in certain matchups.

I love the move for this, but is clearly stupidly OP - I wouldn't even mind the two way tracking if it was at least universally punishable, say -15/16 or so.

I see what you mean now by 4B being a bit crazy.

MST A does 28 by default. Maybe raise it to 30+?
FC1BB can do 90+ damage?!

Back