Mitsurugi Video Thread

Someone said, mist sucks, so don´t use it to much. I try to use it in this way:

4A - on Hit:4A6 B.K or 4A6 B.B+K

The Usage of Mist, out of 6B wasn´t that clear for me. I'll try, to use it more often as Trap for my Enemies.
Oh, no I'm not talking about mist, I rarely use it myself; from everything I've read it sucks in this installment I'm still trying to make use of it. I'm referring to the 6B overhead/low; 6B makes it hit overhead, 6B~2 hits low and can be combo'ed (if you do it very quickly). Give it a shot though, you can get a CE out of the low combo or the 2AB (I believe that's the right notation, the R1 on PS3) his downward stab.

Ah ok, i misunderstood this one xD

I think, what i want to say was 4B6 xD Good, thanks for this advice, I know, that i don´t use this one to often, but is it this good?

Ah ok, i misunderstood this one xD

I think, what i want to say was 4B6 xD Good, thanks for this advice, I know, that i don´t use this one to often, but is it this good?
Haven't tried 4B6, I'll give that a shot a little later though!

Oh, no I'm not talking about mist, I rarely use it myself; from everything I've read it sucks in this installment I'm still trying to make use of it. I'm referring to the 6B overhead/low; 6B makes it hit overhead, 6B~2 hits low and can be combo'ed (if you do it very quickly). Give it a shot though, you can get a CE out of the low combo or the 2AB (I believe that's the right notation, the R1 on PS3) his downward stab.

6B is a mid. 6B8/6B9 is a high. 6B2 and its JF version are lows. Going for CE after a 6B:2 however is kinda a waste of meter imo. You got better options at your disposal.

You all know, the Second hit from "FC 1B.B" is blockable?

The follow up on FC 1BB is not confirmed unless its CH.

So on CH the second hit is not blockable? Good to know :D I allways thought, it is blockable because of Trainingsmode xD I didn´t test it with CH Settings on.

Going for CE after a 6B:2 however is kinda a waste of meter imo. You got better options at your disposal.
Yeah, it's not the best use of meter, but it's won me a round or two in some close situations but I don't really recommend it. It's an option though!

Some footage of my noobie Mitsu, too much 66 BB on my part I'd say but other than that I felt I played pretty well. Constructive criticism welcome!

You all know, the Second hit from "FC 1B.B" is blockable?

FC 1bb natural combo against:
Algol
Alpha Patroklos
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Tira
Aeon
Ivy
Hilde
Raphael
Ezio
ZWEI

Seems to be random against:
Maxi

Works off axis against:
Algol

Works on crouch against:
Astaroth
Voldo
Nightmare
Aeon

Additionally it seems to be guaranteed in some other situations after ducking certain highs.

I need some advise on my Mitsu, as I'm not sure if i'm playing him correctly. I think I was playing well, but it could also just be my opponent being awful at Soul Calibur. Belial, Akire, Tsubasa, RTD, Hyenmu - thoughts?

All help is strongly appreciated.

it could also just be my opponent being awful at Soul Calibur.
You are right, your opponent was utter and complete scrub. It seemed to me as if he was randomly mashing D-pad at times. I bet if someone like him qualified for some major tournament in UK he'd just lose to Mitsurugi quickly and go back to playing online.

I get the feeling that whoever is playing Ivy is throwing out random moves. Your Mitsu isn't too bad for starters. =)

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Back