Mitsu's best moves

Jago

[08] Mercenary
What's your opinion of Mitsu's best moves? If you have any suggestions and recommendations please post them here. I'm still a beginner with him but so far I think these moves are pretty nice:

1A Strong sweep and mixups afterwards

2A Fast low hit

1BB_ Kinda have a bit of trouble doing this under pressure but it seems good to get people off of you

2KB Sweep then a slash that knocks down, mixups afterwards

2A+B Downward stab best to do after something like 2KB

66BB Two strong charging mid hits

1_7 BA Nice evasive move or could do [A] and MST mixups

3B Nice popup but it seems a bit slow and unsafe

A+B possibly for combos, probably shouldn't throw this out regularly

A+G6 could be good for ring-outs

4B Nice evasive move that steps out of the way then comes back with a thrust

4KB Mitsu leans back out of danger some and this attack covers a large distance....4K also has potential for some nasty wall stun combos

BTW is there any situation where 7_8_9 A+B could prove useful? Against a wall it gives a stun and a free 66BB afterwards I think. You're probably better off doing other moves though, I guess.

7_8_9A+B has no place in the game, at least not in any applicable way. It's slow with no added properties; I don't know who would get hit by it, or hell, block it as it's easy to step. As for your top ten I more or less disagree with all of them... Although in my head I can't even really think of ten moves that make the top of his attacks. In terms of opening attacks Mitsurugi is lacking because he lost pokes. You can't use 4KB or even 1A in high level play outside of a stun/combo. 2A+B is blockable on wake unless your opponent is willing to take it. I don't see 11_77 BA is useful for evading, as he doesn't even tech crouch. It is fast(ish) though, and is safe of block. You're missing B6 and 3A, both of which are the most important moves for starting up combos and the FMD tech traps. 2A is important, but make sure you aren't expecting it to be a true low, as all 2As can be blocked high in SC4. 66A+B~G fakes for oki are important too. MST mixups are also on the list of important, but they belong together as a whole.

Hope that gives you a little of my insight. IMO I don't really like top-10 lists because they don't really make much sense to me. You really need all your moves, even if they aren't using all the time.

All MST moves
All RLC moves
2KB
2A
BB
8B (enought adv on hit for uninterruptible 2KB)
4[A]
b6
k:B (CH fish, wiff punishment, techtraps)
66BB
6K (punishment)
A+B6 (best post-GI)

top 20
44B
22_88B
b:A
1A (great against asta)
66A
FC 1B
A+K
B+K
3B

His best options come from stances. Actually the way game is made makes you use so many options it's very cool. In previous games I could stick to 5-7 options per character and feel fine, but that just won't do in SC4.

Belial, how are you doing your k:B's? I can't seem to land it consistently; what I usually do is put both my fingers on B and K, then just push down at as close to the same time as possible. Is it a JF or an instant? 'cause if it's a JF then it's no wonder I've been doing it wrong -_-;;

It's slide input, much like b:A just frame, you have to slide really fast. I do k:B much the same as b:A just use another finger. you place a fingertip at an edge of K , then really fast throw your finger towards B button. For the first few days your finger will hurt, but then you'll probably master this malicious technique =)))

x_X I can't really imagine how doing that is faster than what I'm doing now, especially on stick, but I'll sacrifice my hand to try :P It's not like I've been able to do it anyway.

1BB_ Kinda have a bit of trouble doing this under pressure but it seems good to get people off of you

Doesn't exist.
FC 1BB works though.

1_7 BA Nice evasive move or could do [A] and MST mixups
11_77 BA ?

A+G6 could be good for ring-outs
Does the 6 actually do something?

BTW is there any situation where 7_8_9 A+B could prove useful? Against a wall it gives a stun and a free 66BB afterwards I think. You're probably better off doing other moves though, I guess.
no

doesn't exist.
Fc 1bb works though.

Yea sorry that's what i meant

11_77 ba ?

Sorry that's what i meant too lol

does the 6 actually do something?

Well the a+g then hold 6 he stabs with the sword then kicks them off so could be good if you have em near edge of ring but i dunno so yea its probably a+g[6] then?

No

I'd drop his 6B if I were you dastrn... too unsafe :/ As cool as it is to go right into a throw it's not even guaranteed, so if your opponent knows about it all it takes is an AA out.

4a sucks 66bb is only for punishment

I personally think 4a is a great move:

1) It have long range that cut stepper from all direction
2) ring out the the right after 3B (3B>44AA ring out to the left)
3) Great transition move into mist. (4[A] -> B,6B) beat pretty much all non-tc attacks
4) 4A on block will make your opponent position to off-axis, making vertical attacks more difficult to hit and come out slower...(he need to move back to original position before the move can come out), normally your opponent will to a horizontal attack instead, so this could side your up for a A+K auto-gi bait.

as for 66B,B. Is not a bad move, but certainly not something a mitsu player should abuse. If you mix-up 66B and 66B,B well, the move is actually quite hard to punish.

lol just started playing mitsu properly so may as well post here:

1a As a seig player im not used to having such an amazing low outside off stance. Furthermore its a tech trap after a few moves it has a tech trap after its landed and if they dont tech then A+B or 44 for some crazy ground punishment. At only -15 on block namco must have been on drugs.

RLC A. When its well times it beats out Anything as you all know. When my opponent is scared of it and conditioned to block i either hit them with RLC K spam or change to Mist for a throw attempt.

2kb

8wayrun A+B Crazy damage potential and the cancel to it is uba.

11_99[k] very solid low i use it alot

Back