MLG Spring Arena & Spring Championship Details

On Wednesday, MLG shared some some details on their next two upcoming events for fighting games. The first event which is the Spring Arena, will take place in their studio in New York City on April 28th and is an expansion on their Winter Arena event for Starcraft 2. At this event, the top 8 placers in Soulcalibur V and Mortal Kombat at MLG Columbus are being flown to New York to compete in a $3400 prize pool for each respective game.

The second upcoming event which is the Spring Championship, takes place on June 8-10th in Anaheim, California and will feature SCV, MK, and KOFXIII. Spectator passes are already available for sale where as competitor passes go on sale May 1st.

The Fighting game community came out in force to the MLG Winter Championship in Columbus, and we’re incredibly pleased to announce that Fighters will be a huge part of the Spring Season as well.
Fighter Arena: April 28, featuring Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V Powered by PlayStation
For the first time, we are expanding our Arena offerings beyond StarCraft II, with our first-ever Fighter Arena on Saturday, April 28 at the MLG Studio in New York City. The event will feature popular games Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V on the PlayStation®3 (PS3™ system).
MLG will be flying in the Top 8 finishers for each game from the Winter Championship, all expenses paid.
The Spring Fighter Arena will be broadcast LIVE online – standard definition viewing will be free, and HD viewing passes will be available for $4.99. The full broadcast schedule and additional details will be released in the coming weeks.
$3,400 is on the line for each game:
  • 1st Place: $1,500
  • 2nd Place: $900
  • 3rd/4th Place: $500
  • 3rd/4th Place: $500
Arena format (format is the same for both Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V):
Pool Play
  • All Matches will be a Best of 5
  • 2 Pools of 4 Players
  • Top 2 Players from each Pool will advance into the Bracket
Bracket
  • Single Elimination
  • 2 Semifinal Matches
    • 1st Place of Pool A will play against 2nd Place of Pool B
    • 1st Place of Pool B will play against 2nd Place of Pool A
  • Winner from each Semifinal Match will play in the Finals
Spring Championship: June 8-10 featuring Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V, and KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Powered by PlayStation®

The Spring Championship in Anaheim, CA on June 8-10 will feature Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V, and KING OF FIGHTERS XIII on the PlayStation®3 (PS3™). We’re working on some changes to the floor stations and the general layout that will improve the live experience for competitors and spectators. We’ll release additional details on that, prizing, rules and competition formats for each game soon.

Venue spectator passes for the Spring Championship are available now and competitor passes will be available on May 1 at 7pm ET.
Stay tuned for more information regarding fighters and additional Spring games.

The Fighters Arenas details have been released:http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/spring-fighter-arena-details/

MLG’s first-ever Fighter Arena, featuring Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V on the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system, will take place on Saturday, April 28 from 2:00-9:45pm ET. The Top 8 finishers from the Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V tournaments at the MLG Winter Championship last month will compete for $3,400 in each game.

The Broadcast:

The Fighter Arena will be broadcast LIVE online via two streams, beginning Saturday, April 28 at 2:00pm ET.
  • Stream 1 will feature constant gameplay cast by Juicebox Abel, Tom Brady, and Bibulus. SD viewing will be free and HD viewing passes are available now for $4.99.
  • The Dr Pepper Ultimate Access stream, hosted by Gootecks, will be free all weekend long and will feature behind-the-scenes coverage, interviews and more.
Lineups:

The Top 8 Winter Championship finishers from each game will be competing in the Fighter Arena. Players will compete in Pool Play, followed by Semifinal matches and then the Finals. Here are the players for each game, divided into their Pools:

Mortal Kombat Pool A (Seed)
vVv_CDjr (1)
CURBOLICOUS (4)
riu48 (5)
kndetroitballn (8)

Mortal Kombat Pool B (Seed)
vVvREO (2)
VSM_Maxter (3)
KT_Smith (6)
KnCrazyDominican (7)

Soul Calibur V Pool A (Seed)
Keev (1)
Something-Unique (4)
wing_zero012 (5)
ilTokyoli (8)

Soul Calibur V Pool B (Seed)
rtd_atl (2)
Shin_RyuJin (3)
LostProvidence (6)
Kayane (7)

Schedule for Saturday, April 28 (all times ET):

SOUL CALIBUR V

2:00 PM Keev vs ilTokyoli
2:15 PM rtd_atl vs Kayane
2:30 PM Something-Unique vs wing_zero012
2:45 PM Shin_RyuJin vs LostProvidence
3:00 PM Keev vs wing_zero012
3:15 PM rtd_atl vs LostProvidence
3:30 PM Something-Unique vs ilTokyoli
3:45 PM Shin_RyuJin vs Kayane
4:00 PM Keev vs Something-Unique
4:15 PM rtd_atl vs Shin_RyuJin
4:30 PM wing_zero012 vs ilTokyoli
4:45 PM LostProvidence vs Kayane
5:00 PM 1st Place Pool A vs 2nd Place Pool B
5:15 PM 1st Place Pool B vs 2nd Place Pool A
5:30 PM FINALS

MORTAL KOMBAT

6:00 PM vVv_CDjr vs kndetroitballn
6:15 PM vVvREO vs KnCrazyDominican
6:30 PM CURBOLICOUS vs riu48
6:45 PM VSM_Maxter vs KT_Smith
7:00 PM vVv_CDjr vs riu48
7:15 PM vVvREO vs KT_Smith
7:30 PM CURBOLICOUS vs kndetroitballn
7:45 PM VSM_Maxter vs KnCrazyDominican
8:00 PM vVv_CDjr vs CURBOLICOUS
8:15 PM vVvREO vs VSM_Maxter
8:30 PM riu48 vs kndetroitballn
8:45 PM KT_Smith vs KnCrazyDominican
9:00 PM 1st Place Pool A vs 2nd Place Pool B
9:15 PM 1st Place Pool B vs 2nd Place Pool A
9:30 PM FINALS

Buy a pass to upgrade your experience to full HD, and tune in starting at 2:00 pm ET on April 28 as we take another step into the future of MLG Fighting Games!

I asked MLG to send me a mail once they had their schedule and stream details available for the Spring Arena which is in 2 weeks from now. Pool play should make things interesting.

Also, there should be 4 hours of SCV and 4 hours of MK that will be streamed for the Spring Arena.

I might go to this and meet you guys for the first time. Ya'll lucky they didn't let in this bitch. My Algolness would have been too much for ya'll...Well, maybe Kayane could handle it. :D

Since it is only 8 players I think each pool of 4 should have been done in a round robin format to make things more interesting, Then throw top 2 from each pool into a double elimination bracket.

Either way the match ups will be hype.

I'm pretty sure that its round robin, but instead the top 2 from each are put into a single elim bracket.

Can only compete in CA then? Boo, wanted to play in NY. Didn't know it was for placers of Ohio only...

Can only compete in CA then? Boo, wanted to play in NY. Didn't know it was for placers of Ohio only...

There's a couple more events after the one in Anaheim but those details have yet to be announced. This particular event is an expansion on what they did for Starcraft in February, but with fighting games where they're bringing people (top 8 from Columbus) out to compete in their studio.

If anybody has any questions about this, please do not hesitate to use this thread to ask them, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

If anybody has any questions about this, please do not hesitate to use this thread to ask them, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

How exactly is the pool play going to be structured? Not understanding how 1st and second will be determined. Also, it says single elimination for the top 4? Does this mean if the 1st place player loses to the 2nd place one, they're out?

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back