Modding SoulCalibur 3

Is there any way to transform a weapon into an invisible object?
I'm new to the SC3 modding although I already know the basics (Replace parts of CAS) I have a question
Is there any way to move the heihatchi movinientos and arms, link and spawn from SC2 to SC 3 to be as Character Creation classes? I would like to replace the nunchacus with the movements and weapons of Heihachi (Que Heihachi replaces Li Long and that Li Long is Maxi's suit 2), Replace the Chinese Saber with Spawn's movements and weapons (Have an impromptu Spawn replace Hwang and have Hwang as Yung Seong suit 2) and Replace the Sword and Shield Movements Link's

I would also like to know if you can change the order of the weapons in Character Creation classes
Example: That of the normal rapier is the soul of Raphael, that instead of the soul of Tira east that of Taki or that the back of the katana is the sikcle
PS: Translated in Google

Is there any way to transform a weapon into an invisible object?
I'm new to the SC3 modding although I already know the basics (Replace parts of CAS) I have a question
Is there any way to move the heihatchi movinientos and arms, link and spawn from SC2 to SC 3 to be as Character Creation classes? I would like to replace the nunchacus with the movements and weapons of Heihachi (Que Heihachi replaces Li Long and that Li Long is Maxi's suit 2), Replace the Chinese Saber with Spawn's movements and weapons (Have an impromptu Spawn replace Hwang and have Hwang as Yung Seong suit 2) and Replace the Sword and Shield Movements Link's

I would also like to know if you can change the order of the weapons in Character Creation classes
Example: That of the normal rapier is the soul of Raphael, that instead of the soul of Tira east that of Taki or that the back of the katana is the sikcle
PS: Translated in Google

Not that I am aware of, altough there must be a way to do so.

I didn't insult you, it's just a meme, relax.

The problem lies within the emulator settings. Tweak em and see what happensç

:V
f2a83f2bb87e98c1ab1813071791ec4b470fdfe4c92244da78c4faf688da753b.jpg

the problem is that the same thing happens in my ps2, although in the ps2 the part that changed was the Shishou Hakkei
although I think that if I change an undergarment I should replace the parts that do not have normal body parts, but I do not know which file is each part of the body

And the unevitable proof that Abyss's voice aren't pre-modulated.

Attachments

• unnamed_40151.zip
    48 KB · Views: 174
Topaz!

That's great mate!
How did you manage to open it with AFS Explorer?

The PS2 version of voices.afs usually gives out coherency errors, whereas the Arcade Edition Edition version of voices.afs can be opened with AFS Explorer v3.7

Voices.afs_original.png

I actually need voice.afs to pull it off again, and show it how. I need a memory refresh.

Thanks mate, as always when we hit a roadblock we can count on you to remove the obstacle, here's AFS Explorer 3.7 with the PS2 version of voices.asf properly loaded.

ps2_voices.png

Per Topaz Hacker's instructions & guidance the following fix is needed to enable AFS Explorer v3.7 to load PS2 voices.asf properly since the original version is and I quote Topaz: "A pseudo 32-bit AFS, and the aforementioned program only reads 16-bit AFS files correctly"

Use your hex-editor and make this change to voices.asf:

At Offset 0000 0000 change bytes 06 & 07 from FF FF to 00 00.
On the following image, the upper section is how it should look once modded, and the lower section is how the original file looks.

ps2_Voices_AFS_5.png

A man puts a dead thing in the ground, he expects it to stay there... Sometimes it comes back...
Edward Teach.

Inferno decides to strip away Night Terror's wings and puts them on to good use.

Inferno_wings_1.png

Inerno_wings_3.png

Inerno_wings_4.png

Inerno_wings_6.png

"A pseudo 32-bit AFS, and the aforementioned program only reads 16-bit AFS files correctly"

That is... not what I have said. I said:

"The aformentioned file is a psuedo 32-bit. And because the program is designed to read true 16-bit and true 32-bit files, it can't. Because the file seems to have 4294962827 instead of the true count of 61067, the aformentioned program, goes mad."

Weapon properties!

This is still a work in progress, but it seems that special weapon attributes can be modified through the following file:

ROOT.OLK > File3.OLK > File 6.pkg > File5.UNK.

If said file is swapped with the one I'm attaching below, most characters will lose their unique weapon attributes, in the example below Astaroth still keeps special attributes only for the first 3 weapon slots, while the rest are eliminated:

File 481 Astaroth's Weapon: Kulutues - Special attribute - Some counters will have no effect
File 482 Astaroth's Weapon: Kulutues -Special attributes - Recover health while attacking + attack power increase + weapon SE change
File 483 Astaroth's Weapon: Terror Moon - Special attributes - Recover health gradually + recover health while attacking + easier guard impacts + decrease weapon attack power

File 484 Astaroth's Weapon: Great Maul. - No special attributes enabled
File 485 Astaroth's Weapon: Nanbanfu. - No special attributes enabled
File 486 Astaroth's Weapon: Soul Edge. - No special attributes enabled
File 487 Astaroth's Weapon: Stone Slab. - No special attributes enabled
File 488 Astaroth's Weapon: The Ancient... - No special attributes enabled

WPN_1.png

Notice how the 4th weapon slot (Great Maul) has no special attributes enabled...

WPN_2.png

Attachments

• File5 MODDED.zip
    252 bytes · Views: 207
Last edited:
Weapon properties!

This is still a work in progress, but it seems that special weapon attributes can be modified through the following file:

ROOT.OLK > File3.OLK > File 6.pkg > File5.UNK.

If said file is swapped with the one I'm attaching below, most characters will lose their unique weapon attributes, in the example below Astaroth still keeps special attributes only for the first 3 weapon slots, while the rest are eliminated:

File 481 Astaroth's Weapon: Kulutues - Special attribute - Some counters will have no effect
File 482 Astaroth's Weapon: Kulutues -Special attributes - Recover health while attacking + attack power increase + weapon SE change
File 483 Astaroth's Weapon: Terror Moon - Special attributes - Recover health gradually + recover health while attacking + easier guard impacts + decrease weapon attack power

File 484 Astaroth's Weapon: Great Maul. - No special attributes enabled
File 485 Astaroth's Weapon: Nanbanfu. - No special attributes enabled
File 486 Astaroth's Weapon: Soul Edge. - No special attributes enabled
File 487 Astaroth's Weapon: Stone Slab. - No special attributes enabled
File 488 Astaroth's Weapon: The Ancient... - No special attributes enabled

WPN_1.png

Notice how the 4th weapon slot (Great Maul) has no special attributes enabled...

WPN_2.png

Great discovery! Will look more into it!

Hi guys, is it possible to extract characters models and textures from the game for use in 3D editors? I tried to use OLKexplorer and the BMS script "SC3CharacterTo3dsBeta_fixed", the imported 3ds models look like a mess.

As far as I know, some attempts have been made to extract and export models + textures directly from disc files, check the 1st link, you must register over there to view attached files and all images that were posted, unfortunately those who had full understanding of the scripts seem to have vanished, and attempts to contact them have been unsuccesful.

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5648

A lot of information in this thread by 3d format, this guy is absolutely fantastic, and he certainly tries to help everyone in need,
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong since my attempts at converting files from SC2 to SC3 have been unsuccesful, also it seems this site is about to go away in a few days:

http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Soul+Calibur+3

There's an alternate way of extracting models & textures from DirectX 9 memory, you can do that by using PCSX2 + texmod, checkout this thread and you will be able to do so with 3ds:

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-20541.html

Another thread discussing how to do it:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9398

In the end, what would be desired is a way to export to a 3D program, export back to disc and inject the modded files to ROOT.OLK to create better mods.

Check this file:
https://files.fm/u/s5jx4u2c

Another approach to modding Soulcalibur 3 is directly from memory, here you will find lot's of interesting information and things not yet possible using the disc method, check out this fantastic web page devoted to ScIII and CaS charatcers:

http://capa.wikidot.com/game:soulcalibur3

Last edited:
Back