Modding SoulCalibur 3

as now I took back the project, the rush will be pumped full speed.
wow I just showed up to this thread. Can somebody give me a neat summary of what's happened and what being worked on? Awhile back somebody posted a SC3AEv1 that barely works but now there appears to be a vC that I can't find.

So tell me if im not listing anything:

SC3AEvC exists somewhere (and works??)

There is currently a SC3 remade project going on (what is that?)

wow I just showed up to this thread. Can somebody give me a neat summary of what's happened and what being worked on? Awhile back somebody posted a SC3AEv1 that barely works but now there appears to be a vC that I can't find.

So tell me if im not listing anything:

SC3AEvC exists somewhere (and works??)

There is currently a SC3 remade project going on (what is that?)

Remade Edition, in it's new name the Tweaked Edition is a SC3 Version that is being developed my me. It's basically a fan-edited version of the game. The changelog of it as it follows:

+ Siegfried and Nightmare are now the same character. Their movesets, stories, voices and weapons now identical. Just like in Soulcalibur 2!

+ Inferno is now playable right from the start! He has his own story, moveset and weapons.

+ Unknown Soul is now unlockable! With his own moveset and weapons. His moveset is also known as "Mosdué". Also, he is now one of the bosses of Chronicles of the Sword!

+ Keres is now unlockable! He is the final boss of Chronicles of the Sword!

* Nightmare's Sword List:

Toggle Spoiler
-Soul Edge (Broken)
-Soul Edge (Broken)
-Requiem
-Soul Calibur
-Steel Paddle
-Soul Edge
-Galley Oar
-Giant Squid* Inferno's Sword List

Toggle Spoiler
-Useless
-Useless
-Jealousy
-Need
-Anger
-The Inferno
-The Unusual
-No Name "Doesn't show any name."* Unknown Soul Sword List:

Toggle Spoiler
-Brush
-The Two-Handed
-Kard
-Kokuenra
-Soul Calibur
-Soul Edge Will be REMOVED - Tagged as Game breaking....

- Removed Strife / Is now Keres.
- Removed Chester / Is now Unknown Soul.
* Due to moveset changes, CPU is mostly confused. That makes it surprisingly balanced.

Hi! I'm Vivi!
And I've been desperately searching for a way to rip the SC3 character creation models. Is this possible specially? Or can you only rip the main models?
I'm willing to do anything at this point.

Hi! I'm Vivi!
And I've been desperately searching for a way to rip the SC3 character creation models. Is this possible specially? Or can you only rip the main models?
I'm willing to do anything at this point.

Now you can rip CC models, But it can be a PITA to edit them. Someone (Byros) managed to swap them around. My friend (Venom 2002-2017, RIP) even managed to swap a barbarian hair with Cassandra XD. The problem is, tho, sometimes the game just says no. I will send you a modding archive trough PM soon which has a list of all SC3 models (Or most). Welcome to the modding community (Which is almost dead at this moment)

Hi! TopazHacker! Thanks for the welcome! Good to hear they're rippable! Is it a PITA to rip CC models, or only edit them? Not that it matters too much, I will go through it and anything to get SCIII CC models ripped! Literary. I'm determined!

I hate the fact that the modding community is heading to the deadland! No! it cannot die! I haven't even played the modded version of SCIII I feel in love with the first I seen it. One was with playable Nightterror and Colossus. Come on, I need that!

Anyways, I'm ready to start, any info, please tell me!

Hi, Ian "Hecox"! I kid now, I kid. Thanks for the reply!
I'm looking to only rip the character creation models only, no switching/injecting characters around like night terror/colossus.
Just a CC model rip with textures to have on file for both SCIII and SCIV.
Difficulty in doing this doesn't matter to me, I'll do anything needed to rip them only.
--
I remember in the past, I used a program "texmod" was it called...? On the ps2 emulator, and captured only some textures of the CC models body. Don't think I could DXripper on a ps2 emulator though...
I'm open for anything!

Anyone still working on this? I've ran into this bug, I wonder if anyone knows what went wrong.
The physics of blocking few moves is completely off as you can see in the link here.

This is the modifications I've done:
- Imported AE's File6.olk, File1-4.pkg into SC3's File7.olk, File1-4.pkg
- Imported AE title screen (File5.olk, 761.pkg)
- finally wrapped everything up into an iso.

Did I do anything wrong? Thanks!

I don't think so. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out, but it looks like the modding scene is indeed dead.
I'm always arriving late to the party!
It was more active years ago, but I saw posts around 2016 so I thought it was still up, but looks like it's not.

TopazHacker, have you sent the modding achieve through PM yet?
Now I honestly forgot, Will be sending right away...

In order for something to die, it had to be alive at some point. I kid, I kid, but the modding scene for this game has never been anything huge. Just a handful of folks tinkering with stuff. If you want to play as Night Terror and Colossus, you'd need to swap their files in the data (Moveset, Character Models, and Weapon Models) with another character's moveset and models. There are some issues in doing this, at least with other characters, such as weapons not sitting correctly in their hands or not being the appropriate scale. I'm not sure where they store weapon size and physical location on the character, but I ran into some issues placing Amy over characters with larger weapons as it caused her rapier to be huge. Having said that, if you wish to play as either of those characters, I'd recommend you overwrite an existing character who's weapon is quite large. There are a few other small issues that I'm hoping some day we can iron out, but unfortunately I'm not knowlegable enough on the subject to fix any of those things. I suspect that it's an issue within olk explorer not overwriting specific values correctly or something along those lines, but like I said, I really don't know much about that sort of thing. Anyway, good luck!

And Ian, you are right. I think why this modding scene is not big is because, well, it's no fun to mod this game. None of the modders are talking trough ANYTHING, some modders just leave the scene and some just give up. I gave up modding this game at this point. I am saying and trying to go back to mod SC3 (And continue the RE) but ever since Venom died, and Byros didn't came back, it's no fun anymore. I felt lonely and have no more motivation to mod this game. But I will come back with some hot fresh stuff. I promise.

I think, if all the modders could get together in one place, and actually talk to each other, I think that this modding scene will be bigger.
I am currently modding Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. As soon as I finish my projects, I will come back and continue the Remade Edition immediately.

And Vivi, do not lose hope. After all, I am and will be still here. I may have lost motivation, but with a spirit like yours, there is still hope. You remind me of myself when I first joined :D

Now I honestly forgot, Will be sending right away...

And Ian, you are right. I think why this modding scene is not big is because, well, it's no fun to mod this game. None of the modders are talking trough ANYTHING, some modders just leave the scene and some just give up. I gave up modding this game at this point. I am saying and trying to go back to mod SC3 (And continue the RE) but ever since Venom died, and Byros didn't came back, it's no fun anymore. I felt lonely and have no more motivation to mod this game. But I will come back with some hot fresh stuff. I promise.

I think, if all the modders could get together in one place, and actually talk to each other, I think that this modding scene will be bigger.
I am currently modding Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. As soon as I finish my projects, I will come back and continue the Remade Edition immediately.

And Vivi, do not lose hope. After all, I am and will be still here. I may have lost motivation, but with a spirit like yours, there is still hope. You remind me of myself when I first joined :D

Thanks TopazHacker and everyone.
If you don't mind me asking, how did Venom die?

If I could master white magic, I would cast "Arise" and bring him back, ...but I guess that's not possible. (Not even a Phoenix Down will do).
Sorry, for that.

What made it that people didn't find it fun to mod SC3?? I mean, it's great, right!? Right?
Is it really hard to tap into the files? I'm determine to make it all work. That's who I am. I put my mind to something and can't quit until I've succeeded.

Thanks TopazHacker and everyone.
If you don't mind me asking, how did Venom die?

If I could master white magic, I would cast "Arise" and bring him back, ...but I guess that's not possible. (Not even a Phoenix Down will do).
Sorry, for that.

What made it that people didn't find it fun to mod SC3?? I mean, it's great, right!? Right?
Is it really hard to tap into the files? I'm determine to make it all work. That's who I am. I put my mind to something and can't quit until I've succeeded.

The cause of death was Radioactive Infection. Tho, I believe this is untrue.

And, HOLY SHIT YES! Troughout the history of SC3 Modding, everyone tried to mod the character selection images, after 5 months of work (The others worked from 2009 - 2011 and basically gave up)I finally succeeded to do it. Turns out, all images are HEX'd out. So, in order to truly mod the game most of thee time, you must understand the HEX, be the HEX, embrace the HEX.

And, it's not great, certainly not better than KH2FM modding. BUT if some people ACTUALLY start talking to each other as a group, modding and casually, it can be great.

Well, whatever happens, I will return to mod once I am finished with my latest mod on KH2FM.

I know its untrue. Radioactive Infection isn't even venomous!
This sounds like a story straight out of a another game.
One last survivor remains the work of everyone else's. (FFIV TAY???) Maybe I don't know,
ANYWAYS,

Well then, allow me to be the base of the pyramid!

I know its untrue. Radioactive Infection isn't even venomous!
This sounds like a story straight out of a another game.
One last survivor remains the work of everyone else's. (FFIV TAY???) Maybe I don't know,
ANYWAYS,

Well then, allow me to be the base of the pyramid!
I am the base of the Pyramid. :P

I have officially started modding the game again. We can work together if you want to :P

Would someone help me extract the P1 Nightmare Model in OBJ format? Or help explain how to extract the model from the OLK? Thanks.

Whoever made that "Soulcalibur III Root olk Documentation.txt"
was that derogatory part really necessary? I doubt that was anything to do with what is inside the files.

Would someone help me extract the P1 Nightmare Model in OBJ format? Or help explain how to extract the model from the OLK? Thanks.

Better late than never...
Here's what you asked for, both SCII & SCIII versions within the archive with .obj & .gs using Texmod and PCSX2

Filenames ending in 717 are for Soul Calibur II
Filenames ending in 100 are for Soul Calibur III

Nightmare3.jpg

nig1280c.jpg

https://files.fm/f/pfksk5rt

Last edited:
Anyone know if olkexplorer will open the olk files from SCIV?

I don't know as I haven't extracted any content from that game yet, but if they haven't changed the format it probably should
at least be able to open any .OLK archive and display files within as .UNK

Back