Here are the results for the first bi-weekly rounds robin:

1. Charles (NaizakiNomac) – Mitsurugi/Voldo – 5 points
2. Gaël – Nightmare/Cervantes – 4 points
2. Ian (BOYSTYLE_sk8ter) – Ivy/Tira/Omega Pyrrah – 4 points
2. JF – Nightmare – 4 points
3. Nan (Dragonfall) –Lexia/Yoshimitsu/Viola - 3 points
4. Memo (SeraveeEkkaia) – Natsu – 1 point
5. Alex – Xiba – 0 point

Since Alex left earlier, a win was given to me, Ian and JF.

Charles wins: Memo, Alex(default), Nan, Ian, JF
Gaël wins: Memo, Alex, Charles, JF
Ian wins: Memo, Alex(default), Nan, Gaël
JF wins: Memo, Alex (default), Nan, Ian
Nan wins: Memo, Alex, Gaël
Memo win: Alex
I wanted to create a table but the forum prevent me from doing that...

Good games everyone and this round robins was a success and it was fun ! I was lucky with my Voldo counter pick, otherwise Ian would have won. Same thing for Gaël who lost with Cervantes against Nan, pick Nightmare next time, it would have caused to have a final ! And Memo... I was hoping for you to get more wins, you will have to get used to tournament pressure, bad commentary and peer pressure haha.

Remove all default wins. Gael and I had to actually beat Alex to get those points whereas you got them for free. Not fair.

According to any tournament rules, if a player is not present for a match, this player lost his match !

A round robins need every player to play against each other. If a player leave in the middle of the round robins, it`s either I remove the matches you won against him or I add a win to the players that did not play against him. I went with the option of adding a win which seems more closer to tournament rules.

Additionally, I have added a list of wins to indicate that those wins are obtained by default for a person leaving. I think I did my best to indicate it was not a legit win on that part. As for a result of a match against Alex, I could have win or lost and I would have accepted the result whatever it would have been.

So please be aware of the consquence of leaving during the round robins. If you need to leave earlier, let us know and we will make arrangements to do your matches sooner (which we could have done in that case, but I had no idea Alex had to leave that early).

We don't need to limit this to one gathering at a time. Just have a giant continuous scoreboard, and each time we decide to "rank match" we record the results. Exactly like online ranked. I'll find an app for it.

We can keep score of things like that using Tio Tournament Organizer...I think.

I'll test it out next time I come.

Charles, you don't have to list to Nan, he's only bitching. When are we doing the next one? I'm gonna have to develop some anti-Nightmare tech seeing as how we have 3 Nightmare players.

Up to your guys, we can keep the idea to a bi-weekly event or even every week. The difference is that round robins takes a while to do, so less time to play casuals and practice various character against people. I would suggest to keep it a bi-weekly event, so 1 week we setup 2 stations, practice various characters, learn matchup and strategy. And the second week we have the round robins ! In the event we have too many people, we can always go to a double elemination tournament.

As for the idea of ranked match, I don't mind, but again, if the point is to be fair, playing the same amount of match for everyone would make sense. Otherwise, someone can boost his score by playing more matches (which is the case with your scoreboard right now since 3 persons didn't have the chance to play against Alex). By doing this, your are boosting the score of 3 persons while I had not the chance to get this opportunity.

I think the round robins system is better in this case since it allows everyone to play against each other. A rank match system (unless restricted) would allow a person to win several times against the same person which would just kill the rank match system (for e.g.: I have 10 points but I won all my matches against the same person). Also, the round robins system is normally used to lower the number of person in a tournament. When I went to the WGC, the best 2 persons of each round robins were taken to the double elimination tournament.

Ok, in all seriousness I'm not antagonizing Nan (I think I do enough already :D ). I believe the rules are fair as is. Had we known Alex had to leave early we would've done his matches first. Kinda like what we did with Jf/Ian because they were not around when we started.

If you think putting some money in those would be good motivation let's do it (it can be a token fee like the marvel biweeklies, $5).

On the other hand, Toronto... the 5 vs 5 doesn't look like it's happening online. But I do feel like going to the May tourney. If we somehow get 5 people willing to travel we can do it there. So... anyone?

Ya either way works for me. But we should have a detailed record of each ranked battle. If air is right then there's software that does this.

Memo, go die in that fire you're gonna start in the game guide section of Chapters. But be sure to buy us guides before, haha

I'm always up for any tournament ! So go 5 vs 5 at Toryuken !

It`s pretty sad they are too scared to play us online though >_> the connection is not so bad with SC5 honestly. Oh well, we are not forcing anyone for this though. It will give us more time to prepare and get used to different matchup !

As for using an application to track records, that would save me some paper if we get something good ! Otherwise I can always code a program for that, but I am pretty sure something exist already for that...

There is no emoticon strong enough to describe my hatred of Voldo. DAMN YOU CHARLES. I'm gonna spend the next week in a Rocky-like montage learning anti-Voldo tech.

Hey, I want to play Voldo too! (and possibly hate him and end up in a different mountain developing anti-Voldo tech)... now, if only Charles wouldn't go on xbl so inhumanly late.

Also... Toryuken!!!! Who else is up!!!?

You on xbox or ps3. Cause depending on which console we might not make a 5v1. Im on ps3 but most of the people here in mtl seem to be on xbox.

If I remember correctly, D.I.N.O is a Voldo player... I would highly suggest that you all learn Voldo matchup before getting into any 5v1 online match ^^. Honestly, if you can't beat my Voldo, imagine his !

As for the online team matches, I was just joking about you are all too scared. For the console problem, I though a 5vs5 Online match would be done on each side with the best connection (like the team gather at someone place) and not everyone connecting online (there would be way too many connection problem at that point). But no worries, I'll be there in May (which I should not be sick this time...) and make sure to beat everyone hopefully XD

Back