Mortal Kombat (2011)

To be honest, I wasn't too overly impressed with the demo. It was exciting at first, but it quickly wore off. I don't think Johnny Cage is a joke character I've been playing with him since MK1. Who knows? Maybe I'll enjoy it more once the actual game comes out.

MK2 is hella broke. THink of it more like MK3 without a run button and better combo system. It made a big diffrence for me to play someone else who knew what they where doing to make this game fun. Yes I had fun with the demo.

After toying with it for several hours personaly, its easy for me to say that this game is a fairly deep fighting game. I encourage people to give it a chance and wait for the release of the full game, then you can play online against other people (which we have no idea will be god r not currently). Its like MK3 in the sense, its easy to pick up but difficult to master catogory.

Also, pro tip guys, Combo Breakers are the fucking shit in this game.

its not silly at all. both games are similar.
same 2D fighting
same fist/weapons fighting
same gore level
same "fatalities"
same combo breakers

its very do-able IMO.

Anyone know what site will end up being the 8wayrun/dustloop/srk for this game? That is, what site should I go to to look up combos and strats when the game comes out?

It it hilarious, but he used the old version of the song (and not even the full version of it FFS). Anyway, spreading the MK love and hype with this MK tribute from my faves list, AND custom made MK9 (and MKDC) fatalities from PIRANHASOLDIER!!

Note: You can ignore the first one, it's just Sub's Head rip with new sounds and blood effects.

Anyone know what site will end up being the 8wayrun/dustloop/srk for this game? That is, what site should I go to to look up combos and strats when the game comes out?

You can start with TotalMortalKombat or MortalKombatOnline.

Im not sure if I'm going to go pad or stick with this game. I'm normally 100% for my stick, but I was having issues finding a comfortable lay out. I look at the weird MK layouts and while they make sense for the left side of the buttons...still looks like a cluster fuck of ergonomics when you add in the right half of the lay out. Your hand wants to angle inward and these don't align for that making you tuck your fingers under your hand or spread.

Seems pad may be the way to go and there doesn't seem to be a huge need for a stick for execution like with most 2d fighters.

I already got an account on that testyourmight, its the real deal
I'm diggim human smoke tho, although I thought it was fujin when I first saw him

If you want casual scrubs which talk about costumes and story go for MKO, TMK, Kamidogu, TRMK. If you want depth/combos go for Testyourmight or MKunited.

Back