Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

brucege

[14] Master
Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and NONSTOP CASGASM eternally retold!
I present our longest running, most successful, and saltiest contest in 8WR...

The Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest!

I post a theme and a deadline.
Winner decides the theme of the next contest.
So on.
So forth.

Contest Rules:
1. Multiple entries permitted. Encouraged, even.
2. Votes are for creations, not for creators. Due to Rule 1.
3. For ideas on future themes, feel free to consult the SCV version here.

First up we have...
Libra of Soul MC Contest!
med.jpg

Let's start things off easy. Just post your Libra of Souls main character. Pretty much anything is fair game, but do try to make an outfit that you can picture your main character wearing for 15+ hours of gameplay. Something to express his/her/its identity as you roam the Libra universe gathering Soul Edge shards, making friends, and slaying punk-ass bitches.

Deadline: Monday, October 29. 11:49 PM Eastern Time.
*No one's real strict with deadlines, so if you need an extension, just ask.

Last edited:
Hazel

DqAvzoiU8AAJ0nr.jpg

DqAv4WJU8AECT5e.jpg

DqAv-V_V4AEzweN.jpg

Hazel is an Outcast who was orphaned before she could remember, and adopted in a small village by human parents. Facing racism and bigotry as part of everyday life, Hazel only had her surrogate family to keep her head up. When they fall ill, Hazel sets out to the world in search of a way to cure them... only to get afflicted of something far more dangerous. Still, she fights through it all, because to give up would be to let the people who discriminated her win.

My carácter is just my usual SC main CAS, that for some reason becomes more "barbarian" with each game. For the first time in the series I switched his style. Geralt gives him so nice profile.
As an anecdote, I created the carácter in CAS mode, when I started Libra I thought it would allow me to import a character or something, but NOPE, it makes you to créate it from scratch. I needed to go from LIBRA to CAS several times so I could copy him. Which was a pain in the ass cause the stickers not having numbers in the slides.
Not 4k for me, BTW, I'm still with the old good vanilla PS4

s175fAq.jpg

ojc5sV6.jpg

I just discovered the thread for SCV's One Shot Contests and thought it was an awesome idea. Glad it's returning for SCVI ^_^ I'm pretty terrible and uncreative at CaS and have great jealousy for you guys, lol.

But if my crappiness can be excused I'd still like to take part, just for fun, as I love CaS and maybe doing these challenges will help improve my ability and maybe even spark a new OC! ^_^

With that said, here's my Libra of Soul OC who is kind of my 'self' in that world from a visual standpoint. Sorry about the controls section. I didn't notice the 'press to hide controls' bit until after I uploaded the pics, lol.
Kai01-01.jpg

Kai01-02.jpg

His name is Kai. He was raised to be loving and compassionate by his mother in the wilderness, but her untimely death to illness found him cast out, wandering aimlessly and vulnerable in his grief. He was discovered by an aging man who offered to take him in and teach him to defend himself so that he would be better able to take care of himself. In return, Kai agreed to do menial chores for the man, who he was surprised to discover was a very powerful warrior despite his age. Kai's training proved difficult, as he had never picked up a weapon before and was not comfortable with a blade that could so easily take a life. Eventually, he picked up a staff and felt at home with it, his movements graceful, and his conscience more able to cope with bearing it as a weapon. From there on, he excelled in his training.
One night, the old man, who he knew only as 'Sensei' had a new kind of 'job' for him. He had received word that the villagers at the base of the mountain they trained on were engaging in some kind of cult activity that involved the sacrifice of children. Sensei ordered Kai to head to the village and kill everyone in sight to rid the area of their abominable act. Though horrified by the thought of what the villagers were doing, the thought of killing anyone made him uneasy, yet he could not knowingly allow innocents to suffer either, and so he proceeded to the village.
The first murder shook him to his core. So sickened by what he had done, his mind detached, his consciousness slipping away somewhere he wouldn't have to watch the massacre he was about to commit. One thing that managed to penetrate the wall in his mind, was this: not one of the people he killed looked capable of what they had been accused of.
Sensei congratulated Kai on a job well done. It seemed clear he had doubted Kai's ability to go through with it. He then stated that he planned to claim the village as his own to establish a point of power from which he would spread out, gathering powerful warriors together so that they could create an army, and he wanted Kai to lead a regiment of it. There was a look in Sensei's eye, a look that told Kai his intentions were impure.
"Those people... were innocent, weren't they?"
He didn't need an answer. The slow smile that spread across the man's face told him all he needed to know. He had been used. In a blind, emotional rage, Kai attacked the man he had once looked up to with honor and a fierce battle ensued, resulting in the death of Sensei, or so he thought...
Kai wandered aimlessly once more, horrified at what he had done. He vowed that from that point on, he would use his abilities only to protect the weak and suffering, as his mother would have wanted. Knowing he had prevented whatever evil acts Sensei had intended didn't make him feel any more at ease with himself, and one day, he knew he would have to pay for his sin...

That's it. Pretty lame and I improvised some bits on the fly 'cause I'd never really figured the full story in my head. Sensei lives, of course, and ends up seeking Soul Edge instead of an army. Kai gets wind of it, goes to stop him, and that's the final battle of Kai's Soul Chronicle I guess, lol
It's pretty shit but eh, lol.

He wore a Chang Bao in SCIII when he debuted but it's always so plain looking :( I still try to use it in each game though.

I just discovered the thread for SCV's One Shot Contests and thought it was an awesome idea. Glad it's returning for SCVI ^_^ I'm pretty terrible and uncreative at CaS and have great jealousy for you guys, lol.

But if my crappiness can be excused I'd still like to take part, just for fun, as I love CaS and maybe doing these challenges will help improve my ability and maybe even spark a new OC! ^_^

With that said, here's my Libra of Soul OC who is kind of my 'self' in that world from a visual standpoint. Sorry about the controls section. I didn't notice the 'press to hide controls' bit until after I uploaded the pics, lol.
View attachment 52343
View attachment 52344
His name is Kai. He was raised to be loving and compassionate by his mother in the wilderness, but her untimely death to illness found him cast out, wandering aimlessly and vulnerable in his grief. He was discovered by an aging man who offered to take him in and teach him to defend himself so that he would be better able to take care of himself. In return, Kai agreed to do menial chores for the man, who he was surprised to discover was a very powerful warrior despite his age. Kai's training proved difficult, as he had never picked up a weapon before and was not comfortable with a blade that could so easily take a life. Eventually, he picked up a staff and felt at home with it, his movements graceful, and his conscience more able to cope with bearing it as a weapon. From there on, he excelled in his training.
One night, the old man, who he knew only as 'Sensei' had a new kind of 'job' for him. He had received word that the villagers at the base of the mountain they trained on were engaging in some kind of cult activity that involved the sacrifice of children. Sensei ordered Kai to head to the village and kill everyone in sight to rid the area of their abominable act. Though horrified by the thought of what the villagers were doing, the thought of killing anyone made him uneasy, yet he could not knowingly allow innocents to suffer either, and so he proceeded to the village.
The first murder shook him to his core. So sickened by what he had done, his mind detached, his consciousness slipping away somewhere he wouldn't have to watch the massacre he was about to commit. One thing that managed to penetrate the wall in his mind, was this: not one of the people he killed looked capable of what they had been accused of.
Sensei congratulated Kai on a job well done. It seemed clear he had doubted Kai's ability to go through with it. He then stated that he planned to claim the village as his own to establish a point of power from which he would spread out, gathering powerful warriors together so that they could create an army, and he wanted Kai to lead a regiment of it. There was a look in Sensei's eye, a look that told Kai his intentions were impure.
"Those people... were innocent, weren't they?"
He didn't need an answer. The slow smile that spread across the man's face told him all he needed to know. He had been used. In a blind, emotional rage, Kai attacked the man he had once looked up to with honor and a fierce battle ensued, resulting in the death of Sensei, or so he thought...
Kai wandered aimlessly once more, horrified at what he had done. He vowed that from that point on, he would use his abilities only to protect the weak and suffering, as his mother would have wanted. Knowing he had prevented whatever evil acts Sensei had intended didn't make him feel any more at ease with himself, and one day, he knew he would have to pay for his sin...

That's it. Pretty lame and I improvised some bits on the fly 'cause I'd never really figured the full story in my head. Sensei lives, of course, and ends up seeking Soul Edge instead of an army. Kai gets wind of it, goes to stop him, and that's the final battle of Kai's Soul Chronicle I guess, lol
It's pretty shit but eh, lol.

He wore a Chang Bao in SCIII when he debuted but it's always so plain looking :( I still try to use it in each game though.
"Shit" story?? More like compelling!! It was a very good read actually, and well thought out!

As for Kai, i'm fond of his simplistic, not over-the-top look, really digging that simple yet practical design! :)

Last edited:
"Shit" story?? More like compelling!! It was a very good read actually, and well thought out!

As for Kai, i'm fond of his simplistic, not over-the-top look, really digging that simple yet practical design! :)
Thank you ^_^

I've never been a fan of armor but I like robes and that kind of thing so my character always wears stuff like that, but they always look plainer. I feel like he doesn't look like a character who could be on the main roster so I wanna try to improve him eventually. Such limitations at the moment though.

EDIT: Took @SpellcraftQuill 's advice and played with some motifs and I really love how they turned out :D
Kai01-Edit01.jpg

Last edited:
FINALLY got around to touching the creation mode and I came up with this (literal) bad boy:

44689209_2213687025321311_3316173111421829120_o.jpg

44532875_2213686891987991_6372232399123644416_o.jpg

44444880_2213686371988043_9100201651934855168_o.jpg

His name is Cullen, and he's a dark elf/drow, though you would never have guessed only because his ears are covered up by his bushy hair. He's a bit of a rebel and also a bit stupid, but he's got a real heart underneath that wild exterior.

Samira is an Eastern European hunting for Soul Edge and all she wants to do is complete vaguely plot-related sidequests and TAS B punk ass bitches. And she's all out of sidequests.
For those of you who know my personal style, you could pick this girl out of a police lineup as an Alexandra design. For those who don't, this is a pretty standard S&S-wielding wide-hip narrow-waist glamazon character for me.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181022235130.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181022235143.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181022235209.jpg

This is my Conduit Character. He's been through a few changes, but this design has stuck it out for me.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121443.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121443.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 244
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121524.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121524.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 227
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121553.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121553.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 235
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121627.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121627.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 227
  • SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121851.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181024121851.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 210
Just a reminder that the deadline to submit to the contest is coming up! Monday, October 29 at 11:59PM. Don't miss this chance for some free competition and feedback!

Back