Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

20220731180923_1.jpg

20220731180926_1.jpg

20220731180641_1.jpg

20220731180949_1.jpg

20220731181026_1.jpg

I love it, Tael: top notch pattern work and really pleasing color balance. Very polished and stylistically appropriate for Taki, while also being not quit like any of her actual past XPs; thematically, it really feels like it could be an older and more wisened version of her, having become less the principle agent of the Fu-ma clan, and more its leader. If I'm remembering the details of her backstory right to begin with. :D Anyway, very quality--glad you found the time to contribute to the competition; one of my favorite main cast original XPs to date for sure!

Last edited:
I don't usually care to bump (even where the forum rules specifically allow and even encourage it), but since this is for the sake of cultivating a little community energy and fun (and because it would be a shame to have Superdurand's excellent entry set be the only, lonely one), I'm going to put this in focus again.

@Glitch-mode22, @Tael, @rdmunhoz, @NitricZenith, @KostasGR, @weshookhands, @BootsyRollins, and @Wyldwarrior, are you going to let Durand just walk away with it here? You've all been at or near the peak of your game with your most recent designs--let's see one or two more, from whomever can find the time! I think that's every longterm contributor I can recall seeing active in the last few months (aside from @VILARCANE, who has been clear that they are done with output with regard to VI), but let me know if I've forgotten someone.
Sorry, haven't checked the board in a while! But if we're still taking submissions I'll drop this:

Having slaughtered his way across the seas, Nightmare finds himself in the far east. With his old armor on its last legs, Nightmare has raided a nearby stronghold to rearm himself and ensure the safety of his host body:

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220802204846.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220704110301.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220802204912.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220802205024.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20220802205215.jpg

Sorry, haven't checked the board in a while! But if we're still taking submissions I'll drop this:

Having slaughtered his way across the seas, Nightmare finds himself in the far east. With his old armor on its last legs, Nightmare has raided a nearby stronghold to rearm himself and ensure the safety of his host body:

I love it! Another great East-meets-West design; I can really see the concept you are working from in the design and that helm has a real Oni-esque flair! Thanks for contributing Bootsy!

Ah, I had not noticed this thread has been revived. I'll try my hand at a submission when I find the time, though I'm not 100% sure I understand the challenge?

Ah, I had not noticed this thread has been revived. I'll try my hand at a submission when I find the time, though I'm not 100% sure I understand the challenge?
Yeah, I may have gone a little too abstract with these, but basically it is to chose on of the two following options:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create as authentic-feeling a version as you can of a SC main cast character (from any fighter entry in the series), without using their base model or any of their SCVI base equipment. Replicate any specific version of such a character from any fighting game in the franchise, or create a new outfit/look that nevertheless feels genuine for them. Entries based on main roster characters who were guests are permitted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--or--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create a character who looks tough but still somehow inspires a feeling of empathy or sympathy. In a stylistic/emotive sense, that is--not in the sense that this is literally what they do in your head cannon.

So, either 1) a sympathetic/likeable-looking toughguy/gal or 2) recreate a main cast member without using their default model or gear. So, for example, try to recreate a version of Cassandra's SCII 3P, but without using her SCVI model or default equipment. Or create a new design but have it be recognizably a specific SC main cast character (but again, do it without using their default SCVI model, if they have one, or gear). Does that clarify? I know I went a little meta with this one...

Yeah, I may have gone a little too abstract with these, but basically it is to chose on of the two following options:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so it's like I thought then just wanted to double check. I have some old designs that could fit the criteria but I'm gonna try something new instead.

Back