MTfighter Wins Winter Brawl 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZeroEffect, you now have you vs. Rikuto and JJJ to compare with MTF. True enough, different players have different strong points. With that said, you need to find your own. It's easy to keep saying, 'Leixia Leixia Leixia' and discounting your own involvement. And, like I told you before, if it truly is the character, then you should be able to do much better with a character that allows you to do what it is you need to do. If not, you should figure out what it is that you are or aren't doing that's causing you to lose instead of blaming her. You lost to two people he beat with the same character; that just shows that there's room for improvement. I know MTF picks your brain - why don't you ask him for some pointers on how to improve your game?

I have never said one time that Leixia was unviable. I have always said I felt like I was the problem. So I dunno where that even comes from. But it's fine if you think that, or consider it to be a cop out, or that I'm a trash player, or whatever it is.

I talked to MT through the weekend to pick his brain. I asked him what he looks for in timing and rhythms and where I might be playing predictable. For the most part though, it seemed that he felt like it was unexplainable, and that I wasn't doing too much wrong.

And so I keep playing trying to find whatever it is that's missing. If not being as good as Jeff makes me ass, then so be it.

That's definitely not the vibe I get from you when I see some of the stuff you say in chat. True enough, you'll say you don't feel like you're improving but, in the next, it'll seem like you're talking about Leixia holding you back. Wuteva, though.

I don't feel like I'm improving. I'm not sure what it is, but I think t might just be lack of experience. I have about 750 games logged, with losses sharing majority. I think I just need proper experience, because I (as well as many others) believe that losses don't mean you are bad.

I want some help.

Also, sorry for derailing the topic briefly.

Have you like, skipped every single debate on character strength that has ever happened ever, or just plugged your ears during them and went "lalalalalala"? I'm not recapping this. This has been covered enough times. And honestly, it's irrelevant to the current point.

Yup, I sure did say that. Wow, I was such a whiny bitch.

You know, all the way back in July.

Seriously, it's really sad that I come into this thread to try and temper our celebration with reason, and your response is to dig up shit from 8 months ago in order to slander me and discredit me. I'm not even naysaying Leixia! All I'm saying is, "Congrats to MTFighter. He showed us that it's possible. But she's not nearly as good as you insist she is." I'm just trying to keep you firmly upon the handle, as opposed to doing an acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle like you are now.

But it seems that ship has sailed, so I'm just gonna go play SCV and continue being bad.

I don't even know why you're quoting this as a response to me calling you out on being completely off the handle. It's only proving that you're completely off the handle. Whatever. I don't care. You win this fight because it's dumb.

I apologize for getting into it with Frayhua, everybody.

Congratulations to MTFighter on his well-earned victory.

Have you like, skipped every single debate on character strength that has ever happened ever, or just plugged your ears during them and went "lalalalalala"? I'm not recapping this. This has been covered enough times. And honestly, it's irrelevant to the current point.

Yup, I sure did say that. Wow, I was such a whiny bitch.

You know, all the way back in July.

Seriously, it's really sad that I come into this thread to try and temper our celebration with reason, and your response is to dig up shit from 8 months ago in order to slander me and discredit me. I'm not even naysaying Leixia! All I'm saying is, "Congrats to MTFighter. He showed us that it's possible. But she's not nearly as good as you insist she is." I'm just trying to keep you firmly upon the handle, as opposed to doing an acrobatic fucking pirouette off the handle like you are now.

But it seems that ship has sailed, so I'm just gonna go play SCV and continue being bad.

I don't even know why you're quoting this as a response to me calling you out on being completely off the handle. It's only proving that you're completely off the handle. Whatever. I don't care. You win this fight because it's dumb.

I apologize for getting into it with Frayhua, everybody.

Congratulations to MTFighter on his well-earned victory.

You apologized like a gentleman, even if it wasnt your fault. I salute you sir

Reactions: TiZ
Hyrul mains tira.
Also lol dickriding. Not to mention that statement is completely invalidated by the fact that YOU got into top 8 there as well XD

I'm sincerely happy that a humble looking calm, composed person like MTFighter won that major and not IRM (no offense if you're reading this btw, you're cool but pipe down the ego innit...).

AZ

It's no surprise that MT won a major and that X is good enough to win. These forums are absolutely terrible at figuring out which characters are good and which are not. It always comes down to a top player picking up the character and showing what it is capable of. After that everyone says that they thought <insert character> was good from the start and distance themselves from past comments. Just own up to it and say you were wrong. You can grow from this if you just relax and try to remember not to jump the gun later on down the line.

There were a lot of good players at this tournament, MT took the win over all of them and showed everyone whats up with X. He is an old school player who has been consistently good as long as I can remember (longer, I'm not old school).

[edit]
-VincentRayne is garbage don't even listen to him.

No there are probably some really good players who think she is bad, just a majority of people who say those kinds of things don't even know WHY they are saying it. The better players tend to be more reserved in calling a character low tier or not in my experience.

[edit] Why isn't this in the tournament aftermath thread...?

No there are probably some really good players who think she is bad, just a majority of people who say those kinds of things don't even know WHY they are saying it. The better players tend to be more reserved in calling a character low tier or not in my experience.
They don't know how good she is.

Why isn't this in the tournament aftermath thread...?
Because it'll finally shut the forum scrubs and the people who say Leixia isn't good anymore up

So is anyone else who tells me that Leixia is 'low tier' or isn't good.

Kind of outta my usual forum here but why would people think she's so bad? She seems to have decent damage, excellent safety, excellent built in move evasion, practical BE/CE uses, fakes, crybaby to shut shit down, and for some reason it seems like every attack she has hits a grounded opp.

What's supposed to be so shitty about her and why's the WB result supposed to be such a shock? MT played well and used a decent character....... so I don't get it.

Kind of outta my usual forum here but why would people think she's so bad? She seems to have decent damage, excellent safety, excellent built in move evasion, practical BE/CE uses, fakes, crybaby to shut shit down, and for some reason it seems like every attack she has hits a grounded opp.

What's supposed to be so shitty about her and why's the WB result supposed to be such a shock? MT played well and used a decent character....... so I don't get it.
People only look at her damage output and nothing else. Leixia isn't a decent character. She's too good.

I don't see this character as being bad or low tier at all, honestly. Overall she's easy to use, safe, has good effective movelist and destroy gauge probably the fastest in the game. Maybe that's why Namco decided to reduce her damage output. Because they felt like it was somewhat overkill?

I may be wrong of course but for what I've seen, she's definitely not bad at all. That spot goes out for characters like Raphael and ZWEI, whom are definitely lacking in various departments, not just one. That spot it simply isn't for Leixia.

PS. Sorry for invading but I found this to be a fresh thread with healthy discussion and wanted to share my opinion. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back