My CAS Gallery- over 50 characters and growing

He posted like, 5 or 6 images, and each one had it's own post XD
Hey I really wanted to see someone trying to do Asura from Asura's Wrath... wanna try?
It's on my list, but there's so many characters to get there XD (yes I have a list, around 150+ characters for now...)
You have so many good ideas, I wanna see If you can do something to inspire me XD
I see, lol. I don't mind seeing some pics if they are related to the convo/someone's own version of soemthing I made, but yeah looks like L4D already took care of things for me :P

If only they would put out that certain special part that we've all been waiting for, right? ;)
For a 2-armed version, I've got some ideas. Would definitely use 2 special equips for eye halos, that's for sure.

Looked at some of my old CAS that I have held on to and decided they aren't up to standards, so here's some updates:

Katt (Breath of Fire 2)
Complete overhaul, now with added teeth, better "whiskers," better EVERYTHING. I liked the previous dancer top a lot, but its built-in sleeves are such a mondo pain in the ass and wouldn't let me use a lot of gloves. Now I think I'll finally start learning Xiba to play her online (have yet to actually use her or any Xiba, one of my first creations)
Katt_new.png

Katt_Teeth.png

Katt.png

Cool Katt, the teeth are annoying to align correctly with the face eh? Just some nitpicks:
Purple looks wrong on the pics it seems to be more dark blue/purple (dunno if anyone said this already because im still at page 3).
Instead of the uh...with circle sticker thing on her belly, you could try the angel wings instead to make it look jagged and furry, on the pants as well btw.
I like what you did with the zipper sticker on her legs to make it look like bandage.
Why is the tail spotted?
And that's all, nicely done *thumbs up*

I like how you did the tails on Sieg's coat, making it look burnt/old.
Atma P4 (Elysium clothes) looks nice and i especially like the color scheme.

Wow...just wow...that's really fucking awesome man. I can really see the Lucy on her, but i do like the design of the artwork better like the hair and spandex suit. Is she like, part reptile or something?
DAT FACE tho damn is it fucked up....well i guess it's a nice hommage to the end of Elfen Lied Lucy.
I like what you did with the sticker tho too make it look like flesh, i would've made it red tho.

That byakko guy is awesome as well.

I actually tried to make Asura lol but the only piece of clothing that he wears (his pants and greaves) just wouldn't work so i gave up...

Cool Katt, the teeth are annoying to align correctly with the face eh? Just some nitpicks:
Purple looks wrong on the pics it seems to be more dark blue/purple (dunno if anyone said this already because im still at page 3).
Instead of the uh...with circle sticker thing on her belly, you could try the angel wings instead to make it look jagged and furry, on the pants as well btw.
I like what you did with the zipper sticker on her legs to make it look like bandage.
Why is the tail spotted?
And that's all, nicely done *thumbs up*

I like how you did the tails on Sieg's coat, making it look burnt/old.
Atma P4 (Elysium clothes) looks nice and i especially like the color scheme.
Hey Doku, been a while!
Yup, the faces are all ever so slightly asymmetrical compared to symmetrical items like horns. Such a bother, but I think I got them in there pretty close. I think the purple looks more correct on my own TV, but I get what you're saying, that I should shift it a little bit closer to blue by a few numbers. I'll give the feathers a try, but I think I attempted it and they were too far apart (since there's a space between the two wings on any given wing sticker), and Katt is at the sticker limit (as most of my CAS are these days). Her tail is tiger striped at max size, but the tail item makes patterns look REALLY small for unfortunate some reason.
Sieg's cool coat is just Zwei's, I can't take credit for that one :P It was too perfect not to use, but it allowed me to focus his many upper-leg belts.
Thanks, glad you like Atma!

Wow...just wow...that's really fucking awesome man. I can really see the Lucy on her, but i do like the design of the artwork better like the hair and spandex suit. Is she like, part reptile or something?
DAT FACE tho damn is it fucked up....well i guess it's a nice hommage to the end of Elfen Lied Lucy.
I like what you did with the sticker tho too make it look like flesh, i would've made it red tho.
:D
No, no reptile, I just wanted a lot of exposed muscles with metal parts. After applying the zipper effect to Atma's dragon claw arm, I thought "this looks kinda of like muscle" and went to work. The zipper is just so fun to mess with. I couldn't get a good 5-toe effect going on without using the voodoo boot, which looked terrible, so I settled for the 2 using rabbit ears.
I guess the face is darker than it should be, I'll brighten up either the sticker or the face paint.

Thank you, I'm happy to hear this! I'd like to see him, it's interesting to see artistic differences. I myself feel like Fulgore is a well-oiled, clean and efficient fighting machine, but a dirty gritty version sounds cool too. You're making me think about adding blood splatter effects on him now...maybe even green (a common blood color back then!).

And yeah, the robotic voices are often REALLY frustrating (I've learned to NOT TOUCH the pitch), but when it fits, it fits.

Indeed, L4D has some cool stuff as well! btw, your Hyoga's picture is currently a link rather than a pic

NEW STUFF:
Guts, Berserk Armor (BERSERK)
Okay, I am easily the pickiest person when it comes to tearing apart Guts CAS. There are a million of them out there, some good, a LOT of bad ones, but looking at what I would change to some Berserk Armor creations, I decided to go and make my own. I still stand by the fact that Berserk Armor cannot be accurately re-created, but I feel like I've made the best attempt so far (that I've seen). He is now one of my favorite characters to use in the game!

Used Siegfried 3P instead of a from-scratch CAS, as Sieg has the perfect attitude and dialogue for Guts. His face scar is inaccurate and making his closed eye is very difficult on Sieg's head (not to mention I don't have a perfect number for his skin tone), and he looks rather top-heavy (this is debatable though when it comes to this armor, he can look really thin from the waist down while wearing it) but he looks fantastic during a battle, much better than is shown in creation mode.
Berserk_armor.jpg

*Note that I used all 6 small stickers on Pockets around the legs/torso. Will try to add blood effects using the 2 large stickers
33vnhid.jpg

UPDATES Made to old characters (fixed all of the following on the first post as well):
Nier, Major Glory, Jackie Estacado, Ronin Warriros CAS, Gene Starwind
Nier.jpg

Major_Glory.jpg

Jackie_Darkness.jpg

Inferno_Ryo.jpg

Anubis.jpg

Starwind.jpg
I love the Ronin Warriors....
and Outlaw Star.. :) ...I have a little figure of him sitting next to me as we speak... I mean as I type.( Not that it is necessary.... but you could consider adding scars to his arms and face if you have the stickers left...)

Hey Doku, been a while!
Yup, the faces are all ever so slightly asymmetrical compared to symmetrical items like horns. Such a bother, but I think I got them in there pretty close. I think the purple looks more correct on my own TV, but I get what you're saying, that I should shift it a little bit closer to blue by a few numbers. I'll give the feathers a try, but I think I attempted it and they were too far apart (since there's a space between the two wings on any given wing sticker), and Katt is at the sticker limit (as most of my CAS are these days). Her tail is tiger striped at max size, but the tail item makes patterns look REALLY small for unfortunate some reason.
Sieg's cool coat is just Zwei's, I can't take credit for that one :P It was too perfect not to use, but it allowed me to focus his many upper-leg belts.
Thanks, glad you like Atma!

Hi Draco! How's it going?Ah i see about Katt well it's still good even if the feathers won't work and i thought u put the burnt marks urself lol nvm :)

:D
No, no reptile, I just wanted a lot of exposed muscles with metal parts. After applying the zipper effect to Atma's dragon claw arm, I thought "this looks kinda of like muscle" and went to work. The zipper is just so fun to mess with. I couldn't get a good 5-toe effect going on without using the voodoo boot, which looked terrible, so I settled for the 2 using rabbit ears.
I guess the face is darker than it should be, I'll brighten up either the sticker or the face paint.

Oh because her body structure looks kind of like a dinosaur like the legs and arms, the neck a little as well lol.
The face is good as is don't change it.
And sry for the late reply, was kinda busy :)

they are all awesome... but Darkness rules!!!!
Yeah! Would love to see you make one, see your take on Jackie. Darkness rocks!

Been really busy lately, so I don't have a whole lot right now. Made these last week but just got around to uploading:

Astaroth P3: Angel Abomination
Props to Forgon for the brain idea! I got the bloody halo inspiration from El Shaddai's Fire Nephilim, and because I realized the butterfly antennae can get wicked huge.
Astaroth_Brain.jpg

Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
worked on with a friend
Adam_Jensen.jpg

OC: Darian
friend's OC, I did the work while he directed the basic idea of what he wanted.
Darian.jpg

Adam Jensen is great, instant recog. ! I have to comment...

The face/googles you chose is actually spot-on, and one of my favourite VG character.

I guess you were out of stickers, but what you might wanna try for the pauldron/arm part is playing with the pocket sticker (which has dots for the bolts ;o) or the sun sticker (the one i recently used on my iron maiden pyrrha omega in my thread). Why, because it would allow you to give some more details to the arms, which are crucial to this CAS.

Same goes for the rest of the body, playing with patterns on the special equipments could give it some more meat and more sci fi look !
Devil is in the details ;o)

Example : give your rubber undergarment a pattern that fits the picture, and change color to black or grey

You got a great CAS, why not make it perfect (and devil jin style yes, but alpha patroklos could be an interesting alternate i guess, since he has this blade)
If it were available, the Ezio style would have been perfect !

If you want it, i can do it for you and post on my thread, i'd be happy to have an Adam Jensen too, but this i won't do without your permission sir ;o)

Pretty solid work overall Draco, after looking at your whole gallery ;o)

I used a lot of Pattern 1 gradient for Adam. The problem with sticker limits in only having 4 on a single part. I used 2 zippers on the arms (one going each direction) then placed a sticker on the front and back. I could mess with it some more I suppose, but if you want to give it a try I may understand better what you mean.
The best part is that he barely looks any different upon armor break!

I may mess around a bit more with him after watching a bunch of Adam videos on youtube. I'll also need to take a screenshot of his snapshot, because it's one of the best I've ever taken :P

So here's my fixed version. After taking the screenshot, I think I'll eliminate the black part on his pants, it didn't stand out so much on my TV (where everything appears a bit darker)

Adam_thumb.jpg

Adam_Jensen_NEW.jpg

Changed his eyes to demon horns, as heads are asymmetrical and NO MATTER WHAT, a horn item will clip though more on one side than the other. Demon horns are suited perfectly, despite not being curved quite the right direction (can't even see him blink anymore!).
More refs, for future reference: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/Azuryon/Jensen/

Thanks guys!

And here's my own take on Vlad the Impaler:
Vlad.jpg

He was inspired by the relic "Mark of Cain" from The Darkness 2:
http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/the-darkness-2/R_10-MarkCain.jpg

The description states how he had this iron mask meant to humiliate, but Vlad wore it voluntarily to let people know just who was coming to impale them on a giant fucking spike. To add insult to a painfully mortal injury, he named this mask the "mark of Cain" as if to say "that's right bitches, I'm un-killable!"

I wanted all of his armor to match the mask in looking as though it's made of either bronze or copper. He also has the large skull sticker as face paint and blood effects under the mask, so he still looks wicked mean after armor break.

Back