My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I've seen a couple episodes and tried to watch with an open mind but I just don't get the appeal. From what I can remember the show was like... a kids show. That's it. Why don't people create entire fandoms based on Dora the Explorer or something similiar?

WATCH Dora the Explorer right after My Little Pony, or any other kids show for that matter. You'll notice a difference in the maturity of writing. Without getting too detailed about why there's such a huge appeal for MLP: it's the fact that it IS just a kids show, and not a TODDLER's show or a LITTLE GIRL's show for that matter. You'd expect it to be glossy and girly, where all they do is sit around and have tea and cupcakes, but that's not the case.

Things do go wrong in the MLP world and if you've ever been a fan of shows with ensemble casts. MLP is just that: a show feauturing an ensemble cast of characters that all relate to each other in a powerful way--in comparison to many kids show that just have cooky characters.

I don't expect everyone who gives the show a chance to fall in love with it, and good for you for being open minded about it. Eithe you were expecting yourself not to like it, but tried anyway, or maybe its qualities were apparent but weren't enough to draw you in, and that's fine. As for me, I was told about all of its good qualities, while also reading on the judgements made on it, but consciously looking for the good in it took no effort on my part and I guess it just clicked with me. If it didn't for you, well...doesn't click for everyone I guess.

Yeah I guess it doesn't matter as much as what you watch. This kinda roots back to the earlier pages of this thread about other people's hobbies not hurting you or anyone else in anyway being left alone.

If I was braver as a kid, I would have gotten my self an Easy Bake Oven and not give a flying fuck if it was pink. MAN I just wanted to make my own damn pastries!

^= I had one of those didnt care lol I had my cupcakes and they were epic xD

I also had an Easy Bake Oven. I cooked meals for my Batman, GI JOE, Ninja Turtle and Power Ranger figures.

They need to eat before kicking some ass.

You guys would love to hear this, the makers of the "Easy Bake Oven" are going to make colors for boys who like to learn to cook and be future "Iron Chief's". It is a big step for the company making something for both girls and boys to enjoy. That in itself is progress.

You guys would love to hear this, the makers of the "Easy Bake Oven" are going to make colors for boys who like to learn to cook be future "Iron Chief's". It is a big step for the company making something for both girls and boys to enjoy. That in itself is progress.

oh yeah I heard about that from George Strombolopoulous. A little girl didn't like Easy Bake Ovens only coming in pink, and yet even that brought up some arguments about pink just being a colour. But whatever! Girl knows what she wants.

There have been studies where they gave "male targeted" toys to little girls and "female targeted" toys to little boys to see how they would grow up. Like giving trucks and super hero action figures to girls and then all them table setting replicas for little boys. What they found out was that the boys became more civilized and willing to help around the house and the girls...just pretty much stayed the same.

I think would be all good for all kids (boys and girls) to play with "Easy Bake Oven". More cookies and cakes in the world. Cookies and cakes bring smiles to everyone. Pinkie loves baking cupcakes and sharing them.

Who saw episode 9 of the current season?
What kind of MLP products did you fans happen to get yesterday for Christmas?
Are any of you MLP fans collecting any of the "blind" bag figures that are in TRU, Target, Walmart, etc?

Back