Nationals: What Went Right/Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was what?

I blame the ambiguous status of Broken Destiny for our ambiguous standing at major events. As soon as it jumps the fuck off portables, we should be able to play well with others again.

Yea doomsaying is going to solve sooooo many problems, about this community yall 'care' so much about 9_9

SC4 still has a REALISTIC and GOOD chance of being at Evo next year. But ZOMGZ FR dropped it!!! <que end of world>

Want proof? Stay tuned.

All you gotta do is just shut your assumption driven mouths for a sec, and maybe good things are just around the corner. Dig?

cha cha

Which was what?

I blame the ambiguous status of Broken Destiny for our ambiguous standing at major events. As soon as it jumps the fuck off portables, we should be able to play well with others again.

Rather than be emo (Okay they were a bit emo), they went out and had large showings in many tourneys and majors to show that it wasn't a dead game and that there was still a large interest in it. SC4 could do the same thing (And be bolstered by a console release of BD if it happens) so...yea. It may be a bit tougher since they are so many more shiny toys floating around but...yea. Can't hurt to try, eh?

Sadly while the organization may not be a business, it still needs to run like one.

Of course it does, no argument there. That's why I've personally kept responding to this "ugly thread" as others have put it. We've functioned as a loose association for several years and now intend to step it up in terms of organization levels and business like functions.

I understand that the NVGA was just there as a support for SC Nats and Supercon, the problem is how the community views it. DFG, who is a NVGA founder/leader and 3C founder/leader(?), took over planning SC4 Nats mentioning sponsership by both 3C and NVGA. While it may not be the case, it now appears that NVGA/3C is planning this event. I believe this is where alot of confusion stems blaming the NVGA. Maybe something to look at for future events. It's a conflict of interest.

Some of the posters here are waaay off base in the critisizm of not only NVGA but also of DFG. The reason NVGA jumped in to help sponsor the SC Nats is because DFG and other members love this game and the community. It's fine to point out problems he may have encountered in running events and even mistakes but keep in mind that DFG spent money out of his pocket and out of CCC and a tremendous amount of his time to make this years SC Nats. a reality.

$2000 cash is being paid out to SC players. No profit was made. Money was "invested/lost". We are also fans of the game so we enjoyed the event and took a loss. Period.

This was the 2nd annual event for NVGA, the first was in New Mexico. It looks like we will need more clear policies going forward for this type of scenario, esp. when it comes to prizes. We will avoid any misunderstandings in that area in the future.

I noticed in a couple of posts where, Dhalsim, you had said that the NVGA had "invested" $2,000. Was this money delegated for any cost to the tournement, or was it delegated for pot use only?

As an association we added $1000 to the pot to be sure DFG and CCC could meet their obligations to the prize. We also contributed additional money for the event and SuperCon overall to help with expenses in general. The issue we are verifying is that the prize money was appropriate since that is the only real outstanding question for us.

so it begins

learn tekken kiddies

I'm not going nowhere near Tekken because I'll play it for a bit and get tired of it. Plus I am not dropping another $60 on another fighting game right now.

The other day I was thinking that maybe I should go down to FR, then that same I found out that SC4 got dropped and now HD Remix and Melty Blood are in. One thing for sure is that I'm not crying about it nor does it spell the end for Soul Calibur. I'll just save my money for something else.

SC will come to an end only if we let it. If other tourneys don't want to have it, that's on them.

tekken is trash. If I wanted to play an unbalanced, nearly broken 15 year old fighting game engine, I'd play Super Street Fighter II Turbo, because at least that's fun

plus, I'm tired of all these naysayers already putting SC4 into an early grave; we've been hearing that for months now....If that's the case, then why come to 8wayrun? take your complaining to shoryuken or dustloop, because it is unwelcome here

as for final round, i don't think it was extremely popular there anyway since the entire tournament's pretty much 2d-centric (there most popular attractions are usually something like sf), so noone should be surprised

DancingFighterG... We're not on good terms, but I told you before that I would not interfere with your future tournaments. I will not stop you from posting your events on 8WR; I care about the community and excluding events from the website is detrimental. However, if you continue to refuse to give up the brackets from Supercon, I may be forced to go back on my word. You claim to care about the the community, but holding the nationals bracket hostage isn't an act that is in keeping with your claims. There is no excuse for not being able to produce these brackets, and it may be decided to simply not welcome you in the Soulcalibur community at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back