Natsu: 1.04

Not really overreacting. Personally I think they should just remove FCA+B altoghter if we can't have the ground stun. It has been reduced to overkill usage for me.

I can be still used for a sorta TT on grounded opponents In a way it sort of works like 66 B BE after a launcher for certain TT's. Unless my opponents are just teching slow but I dunno. It just doesn't give you the guaranteed damage options that the old one did, but still makes for some decent Oki with things like PO B+K and stuff.

I do however, want the stun back in a patch if they are implementing another patch, cause people still complain about Natsu despite these changes in damage and combos.

Other than that, I would like that 11A get a small damage buff, something along the lines of 4A (doesn't have to be the same amount)

Something I would like to see, but not really needed, is that WR K be able to catch the same amount of step that it use too. It can still keep it's delay but it's just too easy to step now.

11A does more damage than 4A already.

i'm ok with WS K the way it is. its risky to step in anticipation of WS K because of CH WS AAA. WS AAA has huge range and is easily hit confirmable.

Ever since Natsu got nerfed the scrubs went to Yoshimitsu. He needs to be NERFED he does to much damage -.- They need to leave poor Natsu alone

Ever since Natsu got nerfed the scrubs went to Yoshimitsu. He needs to be NERFED he does to much damage -.- They need to leave poor Natsu alone
Wat? I've heard a lot of complaining about characters, but not usually about Yoshi. And I thought Viola was driving the scrub bandwagon.

Anyway about CH FC a+b... Like KAB said you can ALWAYS get a combo from it. You just have to know which match up calls for which combo. AND even though you're using it for CH fishing even on normal hit you can still get a:6 or aab off of it when you're at the wall or edge.

FC a+b a:6 W! a:6 W! 6a+b~4 PO a:6 3kkk is pretty damn nasty. You can even tech catch with it in certain cases which makes it even less of a useless move. I guess what I'm trying to say is FC a+b isn't useless, but it just has to be used differently than it use to be used.
Exactly, the move is still useful and leads to some big damage. I do miss the stun on grounded opponents, but it's purposes have since changed, but in no way is it useless. Just adds more to Natsu's mix up game, can never have enough mix.

From what I see Belial seems not to like Natsu. That's why I think Namco should not SOLELY rely on community feedback when it comes to patching. Top players are just that, top players. They're not top game developers or designers.
But then again who knows the game better than the actual players ya know?

Correct me on these points and tell me better please:

- Natsu is turtle free.
- Natsu is a rushdown character that's unsafe.
- Natsu is a mindgame character without definite options.
- Natsu is mid-tier, not too bad, but equally bad matchups as good matchups.

Correct me on these points and tell me better please:

- Natsu is turtle free.
- Natsu is a rushdown character that's unsafe.
- Natsu is a mindgame character without definite options.
- Natsu is mid-tier, not too bad, but equally bad matchups as good matchups.

you gave up on natsu long ago and never adapted.

1. i think by this you mean she is free to turtles? while a good defense is frustrating she has too many options to be shut down completely. i'd also like to point out that her block punish and JG game are really strong you can hurt them when they decide to go on the offensive.

2. depends on what you mean by unsafe. she has a vast array of safe moves and hit confirmable moves that are otherwise unsafe. there are moves that are unsafe that can be used in certain matchups that are safe because of pushout.

3. i have no clue what you mean here.

4. i think she is top 10 somewhere between 6 and 10. top 5 is too good for her to have a spot there, but she can beat any character in the game and i feel she has very few truly bad matchups. any character that can punish heavily at -12 or can do large chunks of damage for little effort will give her trouble. cervy is a good example of this.

^A lot of players have trouble explaining high level strategy(not saying I'm a high level player), that maybe why it seems like that. You'll just have to learn to recognize your own mistakes.

^A lot of players have trouble explaining high level strategy(not saying I'm a high level player), that maybe why it seems like that. You'll just have to learn to recognize your own mistakes.
Losing 12 out of 11 matches is kind of disheartening when you don't even know what to do differently though.

Analyze your saved replays. See if whatever you're doing is getting you block punished, if you're being too predictable, too aggressive, etc. At times there won't be someone to guide you. You can also watch other players play the character you play and adapt some of their setups/combos then make them fit your style of play.

Yeah, watching videos helps a lot. I'm trying to learn Ω and watching Partisan's replays helps me know which moves are good in which situations.

I gave up on SC because I've had nobody to train with. All the top natsu players prefer to stomp me over and over instead of discuss and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

No offense, but have you considered asking any top Natsu players for assistance? Most top players can be quite nice and helpful. kAb & Saion have fantastic Natsus for instance. I'm currently undergoing tutelage from a good player and I can notice my game improving each time. I still have a long way to go, but I can only imagine what my play will be like by the end of the year. You seem to wallow in self-defeat too often and blame it on the character.

I will caution to most people new to Natsu that she actually isn't an easy character to play, hence why most noobs or scrubs seem to plateau with her easily. You can't mindlessly win by pressing BB or AAB with her. She has a deceptive amount of reliance on her Just Frame moves (just as much if not more than Cervantes) and spacing is one of her bigger challenges.

Natsu is not easy to play at a high level and requires work to succeed.

No offense, but have you considered asking any top Natsu players for assistance?
I have Shogun, KAB and Hawkeye himself. But it seems as though what has been said is true and they can't really explain what to do, all they can do is stomp me over and over to try and condition me to do the right thing. I'll definitely challenge them when I get back on my ps.
Problem: No high skilled player can be bothered to stomp a scrub too many times I'm sure.. I gotta get boring after a while. :D

What I was looking for is a sort of breakdown of the character, like I could tell you how to play Jade in mk9. Not that you'd want to, she's 90% yomi and 1 whiff means you're 40% behind on life usually :D

Back