Natsu Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is A:6? I'm trying out Natsu out right now and I get mixed results when I try to attempt it. It stands for pressing A, then quickly forward? If that's the case it doesn't work out of PO. Which leads me to believe A:6 is a just frame thing out of PO and I need to work on the timing -_-

What is A:6? I'm trying out Natsu out right now and I get mixed results when I try to attempt it. It stands for pressing A, then quickly forward? If that's the case it doesn't work out of PO. Which leads me to believe A:6 is a just frame thing out of PO and I need to work on the timing -_-
Press 6 the moment the A strike connects not immediately after A.

CH WS K 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK FC A+B 89 dmg

Got from motempest. He added a walljump in there bt not sure how to do that yet.

FC A+B is normally better not to combo after imo unless the followup kills because the ground stun sets up some really sick oki.
I've been following up that combo with 2b, not FC A+B. Just did it a few minutes ago because FC A+B seemed difficult and I've been getting 91-93 damage. Done it four times so it seems legit.

K2 can whiff if opponent is far away. I'm ending combos with 4A+B -> PO instead. It actually double as a tech trap that can relaunch, and PO give you strong mix up games on wake up.

After doing this, will PO B+K hit the opponent if they roll? Otherwise PO seems weak vs. a grounded opponent.

*UPDATE*

oh and here's an odd one that seems to be guarenteed.

CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B6 8B+G = 123 dmg
that's a little over half their life with 1 single CH WS K ... that's sad. Seems to be working flawlessly and I have the cpu on ALL GUARD after the first hit. it looks like the bomb won't hit but it does. just the CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B counts as a 5 hit combo. Please test to make sure I'm not losing it.

and if it IS legit then this just makes it worse...

CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B 236 236A+B+K4 66 8B+G = 166 dmg.... almost a full bar

I gotta have something wrong with my settings , no way this can be legit

*UPDATE*

that's a little over half their life with 1 single CH WS K ... that's sad. Seems to be working flawlessly and I have the cpu on ALL GUARD after the first hit. it looks like the bomb won't hit but it does. just the CH WS K 6A+B 4A+B counts as a 5 hit combo. Please test to make sure I'm not losing it.

Sorry noob here, but how do you do a CH(counter hit?)? And I have no idea what a WS is, and I couldn't find it in the sticky. Trying to learn some of these combos but cant even rea them lol

CH can be toggled in the practice settings. But it just means starting the combo and hitting your opponent in the middle of their attack. And WS means While standing, there's a page somewhere on the forums that explains all the notations. I'll edit the page once I find it.

Well guess I'll mention a few things about caltrop stun and why I like mixing up that into oki rather than always going for PO. PO has good followups no question but caltrop stun is in every juggle Natsu should do. After a caltrop stun you can do 41236B and it covers staying on the ground and all but one side tech (including nuetral standing). You can also instead dash into 2A+B unblockable and it's 100% guaranteed if timed correctly will beat all techs including nuetral and they don't have enough time to hit you out of it. However, if they stay grounded it's 9 dmg but if they nuetral tech that's the match.

So worst case scenario for 2A+B you get from WS K CH is 89+9 or 96 inescapable dmg.
Best case scenario if you have super is 89+130 if they nuetral tech.

Worst case scenario from 41236B is 89 + 0, but you are far enough away some characters can't really catch you with anything.
Best case scenario is 89+73 = 162 dmg and can only be escaped by one tech direction.

But caltrops is in everything. You can do stuff like A+B, FC A+B, 2A+B for about ~60 dmg but if they nuetral tech turn it into over 130-190 damage depending on what happens and if you have super.

Also you can't do 4A+B and have it launch after 6A+B . So those combo's posted above don't work (unless theirs something that I'm not doing to get them to work).

I've tried what you said about 4A+B after 6A+B, I'm getting it as like a reset option or a tech trap. It isn't a true combo connection, but the thing is that 6A+B has to follow up a stun move, such as itself on CH or HOV B.

*UPDATE*

CH WS K 6A+B doesnt do anything for me, just a kick. What am I doing wrong

*UPDATE*

If they tech any direction after 6A+B, then the bomb will hit. Otherwise it's just a grounded hit, and if they're fast it can be blocked. Still pretty nice, for those who like to tech.

Thanks LKV i can't believe I didn't notice that. Yup, I have it where they tech roll right.. thanks for looking into it and seeing the problem

Please keep in mind that the opponent also has the ability to stay lying on the ground, and that there is a Tech Trap Thread.

is there a trick to get the
CH 22A 6A+B PO A:6 3KKK 4A+B
combo? i can do everything else in this thread but i can't seem to get the 6A+B to combo off of the CH 22A....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back